• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb comparisons

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only wish you had twist here with u right now.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twist was right about you
stir those waters all you want...it's still the regular stupid hour

Says the guy who had an All Time Cowboys team that had 5 current players on it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this would be a Cassel v Weeden debate.
Ok.....Weeden has a big arm, but won't throw it past 10 yards....Cassel has a noodle arm, but likes to sling it downfield. I think they both suck

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this would be a Cassel v Weeden debate.
no way....it's the stupid hour here.
Stats trump SB championships.
Two playoff wins > multiple championships and HOF inductions

Did I mention that I hate agenda's on a message board?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at this thread, I've seen some doozies but this one takes the cake. There is no way in hell Romo starts over Rodger, and Aikman is on the trading block? WOW. Hate to break it to you, but Romo would have never even been a Cowboy had the Cowboys had Rodger and or Aikman. I find it funny that people use passing stats from three different eras to compare these three QBs. I have found through the years that you can seldom convince a younger fan that there were players of yesterday that were better than some of todays players. All three were very good, but the prior two were much better leaders and played is a more run oriented offense. I would take Rodger and Aikman over Romo any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good big deal.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm 45. I saw everyone of Aikmans games

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here lies the problem- it is easy to say these things and the championships are huge, I agree. The difference though is is StarOne at least backs his opinions up. You Aikman lovers need to back it up with something. If Championships are your thing, then so be it but one can easily blow that out of the water with some of the Qbs that have won them also. Multiple championships- I would take Romo over ELi and Plunkett every day.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm 45. I saw everyone of Aikmans games

Then you know Aikman was a better leader and played in a run oriented offense. You should then know that Romo throws more than Aikman so passing stats are inaccurate when comparing the two. You also know that Aikman is also a Superbowl MVP.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here lies the problem- it is easy to say these things and the championships are huge, I agree. The difference though is is StarOne at least backs his opinions up. You Aikman lovers need to back it up with something. If Championships are your thing, then so be it but one can easily blow that out of the water with some of the Qbs that have won them also. Multiple championships- I would take Romo over ELi and Plunkett every day.
You didn't say Eli and Plunkett, you said Aikman and Staubach. Tony is a great player, but if he doesn't win a couple of Championships, his career will not end up in the HOF, which is where 8 and 12 are. A better comparison for Romo is Danny White. Same guy. Romo has a very similar style to Staubach, but leadership can't be discounted

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't say Eli and Plunkett, you said Aikman and Staubach. Tony is a great player, but if he doesn't win a couple of Championships, his career will not end up in the HOF, which is where 8 and 12 are. A better comparison for Romo, Danny White. Same guy

That's what I'm saying. Aikman has championships. What other argument is there for Aikman. He was a better hand offer than Romo? Think back to Aikmans career , how many memories do you honestly have of Aikman making a big play. Aikman was 24-28 over his last 52 games.Damn, I love Aikman.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and ELi will be a Hall of Famer

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. Aikman has championships. What other argument is there for Aikman. He was a better hand offer than Romo? Think back to Aikmans career , how many memories do you honestly have of Aikman making a big play. Aikman was 24-28 over his last 52 games.Damn, I love Aikman.
I'm pretty sure Romo had a 24-28 stretch.... or two lol. But no Rings. I like Romo, but last year, he had a future HOF WR, future HOF TE, the NFL rushing champ, the best OL in the league, and didn't get it done. And before you mention his defense, that's not why GB beat us. It's because even on one leg, Rodgers was better
My memories of Aikman? Getting knocked out cold against the Cards while hanging in on a TD pass. Getting sacked 12 times against one of the greatest defenses ever, the Reggie White/Jerome Brown Eagles, then coming back that year to send them home I'm the playoffs. Beating GREAT teams like the Young 49ers, Favre Packers, Kelly Bills, sacrificing numbers for Rings.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Romo had a 24-28 stretch.... or two lol. But no Rings. I like Romo, but last year, he had a future HOF WR, future HOF TE, the NFL rushing champ, the best OL in the league, and didn't get it done. And before you mention his defense, that's not why GB beat us. It's because even on one leg, Rodgers was better
My memories of Aikman? Getting knocked out cold against the Cards while hanging in on a TD pass. Getting sacked 12 times against one of the greatest defenses ever, the Reggie White/Jerome Brown Eagles, then coming back that year to send them home I'm the playoffs. Beating GREAT teams like the Young 49ers, Favre Packers, Kelly Bills, sacrificing numbers for Rings.

The bounty bowl was Aikmans rookie year. As far as the GB game- Aikman always had the team and backup Qb to get him those wins for home field advantage. If WEeden beats the Cards last yr, hmmm. You know we could make excuse after excuse or stat after stat- it's not gonna change my opinion nor yours. I don't want to bash AikmAn.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bounty bowl was Aikmans rookie year. As far as the GB game- Aikman always had the team and backup Qb to get him those wins for home field advantage. If WEeden beats the Cards last yr, hmmm. You know we could make excuse after excuse or stat after stat- it's not gonna change my opinion nor yours. I don't want to bash AikmAn.
Since you want to eliminate excuses, here's a question for you...for all the stats you mentioned, is Romo gonna be in the HOF? No excuses, just yes or no

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What other argument is needed?