• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb comparisons

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Roger & Troy would be fine as long has they had the same size & speed on their offense.
Rodger might struggle a little if you asked him to play today's athletes with his 1970's 265 lb linemen.

greatness is just that
I agree. I think you also have to factor in, if those guys were playing today, they would have had the all the supplements and sport specific training and 7 on 7's...besides, Aikman was as big or bigger than Romo Physically as it was

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Starones argument is he's using stats from different eras, and different coaches. If Romo played with Emmitt and his many safe yards, do you for a second would allow Romo to change the plays to a pass so often? Ascfor when Roger played teams ran a lot more because defenses were allowed to mug receivers all game. Defensive linemen were clubbing oline men to get pressure on the QB. The games are too different to compare just off of stats, go watch Roger and see what that guy could do as a QB and leader.

I always thought that completing a pass, was completing a pass, in any era. It is quantifiable.
Romo's potential audibiling on just about every play, is allowed in GARRETT'S system.....and I disagree with the COWBOY offensive system. Garrett is head coach, Linehan is o coordinator... Romo in essence, is offensive coordinator. And he shouldn't be. And Garrett could insist on running certain plays in certain situations.......but we are talking about Garrett and his lack of leadership. Aikman, for the most part, never had an audible system......and Landry wouldn't allow his plays to be changed.

Staubach was a great leader, Aikman was a great leader, Dandy Don was a great leader..

.so is Romo

great comeback win in San Fransisco with cracked ribs and a punctured lung, win in Washington playing in the second half with cracked bones in his back,, he has had two broken collar bones.... most comeback wins of any COWBOY quarterback in any era ........and putting up with Garrett and Jerry Jones...... leading by example .....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that completing a pass, was completing a pass, in any era. It is quantifiable.
Romo's potential audibiling on just about every play, is allowed in GARRETT'S system.....and I disagree with the COWBOY offensive system. Garrett is head coach, Linehan is o coordinator... Romo in essence, is offensive coordinator. And he shouldn't be. And Garrett could insist on running certain plays in certain situations.......but we are talking about Garrett and his lack of leadership. Aikman, for the most part, never had an audible system......and Landry wouldn't allow his plays to be changed.

Staubach was a great leader, Aikman was a great leader, Dandy Don was a great leader..

.so is Romo

great comeback win in San Fransisco with cracked ribs and a punctured lung, win in Washington playing in the second half with cracked bones in his back,, he has had two broken collar bones.... most comeback wins of any COWBOY quarterback in any era ........and putting up with Garrett and Jerry Jones...... leading by example .....

I'd think a 10 year old could see the differences in the NFL from the 70's and the 2010's, if you can't see the difference I can't help you.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think a 10 year old could see the differences in the NFL from the 70's and the 2010's, if you can't see the difference I can't help you.

I understand the fact that the NFL has made "passing" easier. I get it. I also understand that the speed and complexity of defenses and offenses, in this era, has increased. The NFL was far less complex 35 years ago.

But also, last season, Romo led the NFL, in four catagories. That is also a fact......He was better than any QB in the NFL in those catagories.....That's all he can do in his era. And Romo threw the ball in an offense that ran the ball more than they threw it. (Aikman and Staubach like) 476 passes to 508 rushes

I believe somebody (wrote a post) picking an all time COWBOY team comparing players from "different eras".
Funny how that works.......comparing COWBOY players from different eras that is.
if you're going to talk the talk.......you know

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today QB benefit from so much lets name a few: Hit zone ( Chest to thigh), Defender no longer has two steps after the ball has been released to hit the qb (know it's a personal foul Intimidation factor gone), So many bogus flags that make it next to impossible to get a good offense of the field, Defenseless wr hit . Yes this help the qb in two ways 1st certain routes that only few wr dared to run is now open to every wr. second the bang bang plays when SS coming up the field and knocking your block off as you're in the act of catching the ball and Jarring the ball lose is banned, No head hunting. Today's QB and for that Matter WR has to put up ridiculous numbers to be consider for the hall.

These new rules benefit QB in comp% YPG, TD, INT basic across the board. The NFL more then protecting the offense players which is a high priority wanted more to score more points and sale more tickets. It makes more Money for the league in fantasy football and other forms of gambling as well.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today QB benefit from so much lets name a few: Hit zone ( Chest to thigh), Defender no longer has two steps after the ball has been released to hit the qb (know it's a personal foul Intimidation factor gone), So many bogus flags that make it next to impossible to get a good offense of the field, Defenseless wr hit . Yes this help the qb in two ways 1st certain routes that only few wr dared to run is now open to every wr. second the bang bang plays when SS coming up the field and knocking your block off as you're in the act of catching the ball and Jarring the ball lose is banned, No head hunting. Today's QB and for that Matter WR has to put up ridiculous numbers to be consider for the hall.

These new rules benefit QB in comp% YPG, TD, INT basic across the board. The NFL more then protecting the offense players which is a high priority wanted more to score more points and sale more tickets. It makes more Money for the league in fantasy football and other forms of gambling as well.
I getvthos, go tell Star and Romo.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean at least that's some support for Aikman or Staubach instead of just saying they are better. I can respect that although it's not enough to change my views.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe somebody (wrote a post) picking an all time COWBOY team comparing players from "different eras".
Funny how that works.......comparing COWBOY players from different eras that is.
if you're going to talk the talk.......you know

16 posts and always poking that stick... yet throughout that thread, I said no wrong answers and was put in a position to defend my opinion

matters to me if you put Romo ahead.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
change your views?
Why? if HOF and multiple championships don't speak for themselves, nothing will

Exactly - I'm like Jarntt. I let my eyes tell me the story more than anything

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 posts and always poking that stick... yet throughout that thread, I said no wrong answers and was put in a position to defend my opinion

matters to me if you put Romo ahead.

Why? He said he chose Aikman.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have become the biggest ass whip here....you read what you want into things and clearly have an agenda.

Lol. And my panties are in the wad? Lol. Watch the name calling bro

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is my agenda? I love the Cowboys??? You posted a thread two weeks ago about All Time Cowboys. You said no wrong answers. You put a guys on the team that have played 4 yrs or less. You also put a LB on there that probably has a losing record in games he has played. But hey no wrong answers, until somebody brings the best two players Dallas has had the past decade.