• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb comparisons

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you want to eliminate excuses, here's a question for you...for all the stats you mentioned, is Romo gonna be in the HOF? No excuses, just yes or no

I didn't mention stats- that was StarOne

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are u taking Aikman or Staubach

Either over Romo, and I like Romo. Would go with Rodger first, he has two rings and lost by 4 points twice to one of if not the best defense ever.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good. That's 3 great qbs

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staubach had great players and COACHES to play with DAY ONE
Aikman ended up with great players and had a great coaching staff and GM (JIMMY)
and Romo has had squat..maybe one year as starter with Bill..and Jerry as GM

Staubach had the DOOMSDAY DEFENSE
Aikman had a top five defense for the three super bowl runs....number one defense twice
and Romo has had what?

But Jerry is as good as Gil Brandt and TEX ....right? sarcasm
and the red headed genius Garrett ,is as good as Landry and Johnson...right? sarcasm

and I agree, Brandt ought to be in the hall of fame.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong here I would love for Romo to get that championship, but I really don't care who is Qb I just want to win again. It's like I said earlier - we all have our opinions - if you like them , or whatever then that's Ok. If you don't, I really don't care. I mean I like Jennifer Anniston , where some would choose Kate Upton. I like Sage Steele over all women sports casters. I don't care what others think. We go through this every year who the best is . Does it really matter that much to you Aikman , Staubach guys- because it sure seems to? That's crazy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong here I would love for Romo to get that championship, but I really don't care who is Qb I just want to win again. It's like I said earlier - we all have our opinions - if you like them , or whatever then that's Ok. If you don't, I really don't care. I mean I like Jennifer Anniston , where some would choose Kate Upton. I like Sage Steele over all women sports casters. I don't care what others think. We go through this every year who the best is . Does it really matter that much to you Aikman , Staubach guys- because it sure seems to? That's crazy.
Seems to matter to you...it's your thread

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is and the objective of the thread was to compare Aikman and Staubach to someone in today's era. You know kind of like Jordan and Kobe are compared. Instead it turns into a romo vs Staubach vs Aikman thread. All I know is as many times as this bull shit has been brought up my guy must be really damn good because this shit never stops.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non of those stats are comparable, because the League is flag football for QB's and Receivers today, it was actually still football when Aikman and Staubach played
He has no understanding about how much the league has changed. Maybe he'll eventually put 2 and 2 together and finally figure out what is meant when they say the NFL has become a passing league.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here lies the problem- it is easy to say these things and the championships are huge, I agree. The difference though is is StarOne at least backs his opinions up. You Aikman lovers need to back it up with something. If Championships are your thing, then so be it but one can easily blow that out of the water with some of the Qbs that have won them also. Multiple championships- I would take Romo over ELi and Plunkett every day.

The problem with Starones argument is he's using stats from different eras, and different coaches. If Romo played with Emmitt and his many safe yards, do you for a second would allow Romo to change the plays to a pass so often? Ascfor when Roger played teams ran a lot more because defenses were allowed to mug receivers all game. Defensive linemen were clubbing oline men to get pressure on the QB. The games are too different to compare just off of stats, go watch Roger and see what that guy could do as a QB and leader.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Starones argument is he's using stats from different eras, and different coaches. If Romo played with Emmitt and his many safe yards, do you for a second would allow Romo to change the plays to a pass so often? Ascfor when Roger played teams ran a lot more because defenses were allowed to mug receivers all game. Defensive linemen were clubbing oline men to get pressure on the QB. The games are too different to compare just off of stats, go watch Roger and see what that guy could do as a QB and leader.
As much as I like Romo, which is a lot, if he had played in their era, he would probably be dead. Don't get me wrong, he is a tough guy, but he is also constantly getting hurt, and compared to the era they played in, it's like flag football now. I mean, can you imagine Staubach or Aikman throwing to Dez and Witten with todays rules? No touching a receiver after 5 yards, no hitting a defenseless receiver, PI if a defender isn't looking back for the ball, any contact with the QB after he's let it go drawing a 15 yard penalty, no contact to the head....LMAO

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Romo, which is a lot, if he had played in their era, he would probably be dead. Don't get me wrong, he is a tough guy, but he is also constantly getting hurt, and compared to the era they played in, it's like flag football now. I mean, can you imagine Staubach or Aikman throwing to Dez and Witten with todays rules? No touching a receiver after 5 yards, no hitting a defenseless receiver, PI if a defender isn't looking back for the ball, any contact with the QB after he's let it go drawing a 15 yard penalty, no contact to the head....LMAO

But there is an offset.

You could say those guys would be killed by the speed of today's defenses who are faster and bigger.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there is an offset.

You could say those guys would be killed by the speed of today's defenses who are faster and bigger.
I think Roger & Troy would be fine as long has they had the same size & speed on their offense.
Rodger might struggle a little if you asked him to play today's athletes with his 1970's 265 lb linemen.

greatness is just that