• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb comparisons

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before- this shit comes up every year. It is what it is.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again- read the original post- this wasn't spun out of control by me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read that thread again. I didn't question anyone's selection, yet I had to defend with you.

hey, your new found buddy also picked Lee....why no shit for that pick? You clearly read his post naming Aikman.

that's part of your agenda. It is what it is... seeing how you've pronounced your new buddy twice now as to knowing his stuff. It's you that feels this need to hang a ribbon around his neck about stats and being prepared and calling the rest of us as some kinda Aikman/Staubach ball washer types. You and your buddy drew the line in the sand with regards to Romo by talking passing stats and team records with a blind eye to HOF and championship'S.

You actually asked today if we Aikman and Staubach supporters could show any stat examples other than HOF and championships!

you've had a Romo agenda here from DAY 1.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again- read the original post- this wasn't spun out of control by me.
LOL
you're right....it got derailed at post 13 and went downhill from there.
BUT if you feel the need to present yourself as the choir boy then have at it. That's what you do!

The 16 posts and their content/direction will tell you of hurt feelings from yesteryear. Yet you fuel the fire talking about preparedness through stats and the coaches each had to work with??

StarOne shares your opinion...that much is plain to see. Yet you post about this happening every single year here and you are right. It's YOU that hammers the point and what a shock...Point fingers at others.

It's an agenda with you and an older agenda with starone.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Romo yes. Got nothing against the other 2. You love Lee. I don't see a difference. We all have our favorites. Throughout this thread and the other , I don't think I ever mentioned a Romo stat. Now the new guy did and he obviously knew his stuff about Romo , Aikman, etc. I have a 13 and an 11 yr old sons that love the Cowboys. When they read those same things that Star posted,which they have, and then ask how do u consider Aikman better. Of course I say well championships are huge. Well dad, you say that, but ELi has two and Romo is a lot better than him. Well son, it was a different time back then when Aikman played. Well Dad, why do u like GArrett so much. Well son he was always Aikmans back up. Did he lose all the time too dad. No son, he won as did many other backups in Aikmans time. Well son they had a much better team back then. Catch my drift? It's easy to make cases.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, I only have one agenda and that is talking about the Cowboys. If that goes into me having to defeNd something, then you are damn right I will stand up for what I believe. I mean if I told you Sean Lee couldn't hold Ken Nortons jock- wouldn't you present a case.? I would hope so. I respect all opinions given, but if attacked then sure I'm gonna come back with something.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Romo yes. Got nothing against the other 2. You love Lee. I don't see a difference. We all have our favorites. Throughout this thread and the other , I don't think I ever mentioned a Romo stat. Now the new guy did and he obviously knew his stuff about Romo , Aikman, etc. I have a 13 and an 11 yr old sons that love the Cowboys. When they read those same things that Star posted,which they have, and then ask how do u consider Aikman better. Of course I say well championships are huge. Well dad, you say that, but ELi has two and Romo is a lot better than him. Well son, it was a different time back then when Aikman played. Well Dad, why do u like GArrett so much. Well son he was always Aikmans back up. Did he lose all the time too dad. No son, he won as did many other backups in Aikmans time. Well son they had a much better team back then. Catch my drift? It's easy to make cases.

Anything u have to say UK -

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it by your standards, are Aikman and Staubach better than Romo?
You people say you can't compare players from different eras.....And then you say you can......
And winning games and championships is a TEAM STAT, not just a QB or coaching stat.

And are you people really comparing the coaches and players that Staubach and Aikman had, to Romo's.

REALLY!

Landry and Gil Brandt equals Garrett and Jerry Jones?.........really?
Jimmy Johnson coach and GM equals ditto?........... really?

and Aikman had EMMITT SMITH........11 years with a 1000 or more yards
Staubach had ......Duane Thomas and Calvin Hill......Dorsett 4 consecutive season 1000 yards

I have more respect for Garrett, now that you guys think he's equal to Landry and Johnson

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where to start (by the way....thought you had aikman as best all time, why the Romo rant?)

I'll stand up for Roger and you really shouldn't put Meredith and D White down so much since they also benefitted from the same great defense's and coaches. Yes Sir, multiple sets, flex defense and 20 rounds in the draft cut to 17 rounds in 1967. And to think, The Cowboys & Texas Instruments had the spread sheets while other teams boarded trains and buses. YET, Next Year's Champions was what the league was saying after two GB championship heart killers followed by two years losing to the lesser Cleveland Browns and Dandy Don off to do MNF.

Musta been the QB after another heart killer in SB5 and starting the 71 season at 4-3 in a 14 game season. AT LAST...Landry cracks and inserts Staubach as the cowboy starting QB. That would end in 10 straight wins and our first SB championship. BUT MOSTLY...the largest monkey on a teams back that has ever been seen removed. What was different? Staubach. Pressure? Staubach picked this whole city, coaches, computers, everything....and carried them to the World Championship. Rodger was magic, as proven the following season when he got hurt and Landry wouldn't change back from Morton with the team at 10-4 and going to SF for the divisional round playoff game. Staubach hadn't played in a month and a half but there Landry & Tex and a ageing defense were starting the 4th down 2 plus scores. Enter Staubach and perhaps the best 10 minutes of football any QB ever played. Landry learned that day. Landry was great and all but make no mistake, Staubach was the reason this team became all they were in the 70's. They retooled the defense in 75 with the dirty dozen draft and won another in 77. D.White had the teams and the greatness of Landry, but never again.

Calvin Hill and Duane Thomas??
Duane Thomas rushed for 803 yards in 1970 and 793 yards in 1971 for a grad total of 1596 yards for his cowboy career. Calvin Hill in 1969 ran for 942 yards, blew out the knee that allowed Thomas to play in 1970. He came back in 72 and for three years lead the team in rushing and was done by 75 with a career total of 5009 yards. It was the line my man...the line if you need to diminish the greatness of Roger Staubach. It hardly was the greatness from Hill and Thomas. Dorsett was a rookie in 77 and Rodger retired in 79. That would be three years with 2.5 years as Dorsett the starter. Big piece but hardly the star that stirred the drink.

"I have more respect for Garrett, now that you guys think he's equal to Landry and Johnson"

NOW...who said that again?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where to start (by the way....thought you had aikman as best all time, why the Romo rant?)

I'll stand up for Roger and you really shouldn't put Meredith and D White down so much since they also benefitted from the same great defense's and coaches. Yes Sir, multiple sets, flex defense and 20 rounds in the draft cut to 17 rounds in 1967. And to think, The Cowboys & Texas Instruments had the spread sheets while other teams boarded trains and buses. YET, Next Year's Champions was what the league was saying after two GB championship heart killers followed by two years losing to the lesser Cleveland Browns and Dandy Don off to do MNF.

Musta been the QB after another heart killer in SB5 and starting the 71 season at 4-3 in a 14 game season. AT LAST...Landry cracks and inserts Staubach as the cowboy starting QB. That would end in 10 straight wins and our first SB championship. BUT MOSTLY...the largest monkey on a teams back that has ever been seen removed. What was different? Staubach. Pressure? Staubach picked this whole city, coaches, computers, everything....and carried them to the World Championship. Rodger was magic, as proven the following season when he got hurt and Landry wouldn't change back from Morton with the team at 10-4 and going to SF for the divisional round playoff game. Staubach hadn't played in a month and a half but there Landry & Tex and a ageing defense were starting the 4th down 2 plus scores. Enter Staubach and perhaps the best 10 minutes of football any QB ever played. Landry learned that day. Landry was great and all but make no mistake, Staubach was the reason this team became all they were in the 70's. They retooled the defense in 75 with the dirty dozen draft and won another in 77. D.White had the teams and the greatness of Landry, but never again.

Calvin Hill and Duane Thomas??
Duane Thomas rushed for 803 yards in 1970 and 793 yards in 1971 for a grad total of 1596 yards for his cowboy career. Calvin Hill in 1969 ran for 942 yards, blew out the knee that allowed Thomas to play in 1970. He came back in 72 and for three years lead the team in rushing and was done by 75 with a career total of 5009 yards. It was the line my man...the line if you need to diminish the greatness of Roger Staubach. It hardly was the greatness from Hill and Thomas. Dorsett was a rookie in 77 and Rodger retired in 79. That would be three years with 2.5 years as Dorsett the starter. Big piece but hardly the star that stirred the drink.

"I have more respect for Garrett, now that you guys think he's equal to Landry and Johnson"

NOW...who said that again?
I actually know the history of the COWBOYS. I've seen most it. Don Meredith didn't like Landry's offense. It wasn't fun, too complex for Don.
White inherited an older COWBOY team on the decline....But I never put either QB down. Some say the difference between Danny White and Staubach was the fact Staubach stood up to Landry, White didn't.
I still maintain Aikman and Staubach had far better coaching, GMs and players surrounding them. Some say I have a Romo agenda.....He deserves it. He has had the heart of a champion, but not a championship team. Without Romo, the COWBOYS the last four or five years, the COWBOYS would be as they are now..........not very competitive. You have a Staubach agenda. I don't blame anyone for admiring any of our QBS..But Romo seems to be unfairly judged....just like Meredith.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some of you have heard of it but this is Kryptos. A sculpture that is outside of the CIA headquarters in Langley. The sculpture is a puzzle with encrypted messages that has not been fully solved since it was placed there in 1990.

Here and now I lay down this challenge.

I will fully solve the Kryptos puzzle and gain world wide fame before you guys find a way to accurately compare NFL quarterbacks who have played over the span of 5 decades.

Good luck, may the best man win.

450px-Kryptos_sculptor.jpg

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some of you have heard of it but this is Kryptos. A sculpture that is outside of the CIA headquarters in Langley. The sculpture is a puzzle with encrypted messages that has not been fully solved since it was placed there in 1990.

Here and now I lay down this challenge.

I will fully solve the Kryptos puzzle and gain world wide fame before you guys find a way to accurately compare NFL quarterbacks who have played over the span of 5 decades.

Good luck, may the best man win.

View attachment 46272

That was awesome.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You have a Staubach agenda"

Now that's the Star One I remember. Spin again.

"White inherited an older COWBOY team on the decline"

really? You do know about the 75 dirty dozen, right?
White's teams were in no decline in 80, 81 or 82. Those Dallas defenses were at their prime and Dorsett was in his prime.

"But Romo seems to be unfairly judged"

not at all, Romo has proven to be special. One of the best human beings to ever wear the star, but he plays for an organization rich with championship history with two great HOF QB's. What's being unfairly judged is Aikman and Staubach by you and RomotoDez.

but hey....glad I could help. You guys have a great day!!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You have a Staubach agenda"

Now that's the Star One I remember. Spin again.

"White inherited an older COWBOY team on the decline"

really? You do know about the 75 dirty dozen, right?
White's teams were in no decline in 80, 81 or 82. Those Dallas defenses were at their prime and Dorsett was in his prime.

"But Romo seems to be unfairly judged"

not at all, Romo has proven to be special. One of the best human beings to ever wear the star, but he plays for an organization rich with championship history with two great HOF QB's. What's being unfairly judged is Aikman and Staubach by you and RomotoDez.

but hey....glad I could help. You guys have a great day!!

How am I unfairly judging them. They were both great, HOF Qbs- both with multiple Superbowls. Let me ask you the question and maybe it is not even close- but who are you taking Rodgers, Favre, or Starr