• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pussiest Personal Foul of All Time

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup right across the chest with the arm and the hand pulls down on the shoulder. It's not even close to the head or neck until after the fumble as Brees is going down. Even then it's only contact because Brees is going down into the arm. It was never Brooks going up to hit Brees in the head.

Actually you can clearly tell that the brunt of the impact is on Brees left shoulder when Brooks hits him. If you just watch the way Brees reacts to the hit you can tell all of the impact was on that shoulder.

I hope that Brooks isn't suspended! If Suh had done that the fine would be it be interesting!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the instant replay Hi-Def couch potato refs the NFL now has. It's easy for anyone person with a 60" Hi-Def TV, Slow Motion and Instant Replay to get calls right or argue calls. Refs are part of the game and have to make calls on the spot, quit your bitchin Niner fans you calls like that are as much a part of the game as anything else.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what the bigger problem was? showing endless replays in slow motion. At speed he clothes lined Brees who went down in a violent heap. Watch it at speed and you see how violent that was.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what the bigger problem was? showing endless replays in slow motion. At speed he clothes lined Brees who went down in a violent heap. Watch it at speed and you see how violent that was.

I agree and that is exactly the point I am making.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We had many chances to win that game, but that call is still BS. If I cared what a Pats or Bears fan (who may likely benefit from the 9ers continuing to lose) thought of the call...oh wait I don't.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had many chances to win that game, but that call is still BS. If I cared what a Pats or Bears fan (who may likely benefit from the 9ers continuing to lose) thought of the call...oh wait I don't.

:lame:

Cared enough to try and call us out. LOL But I guess you have issues with an objective point of view.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not here to pile on, and I disagree with my fellow Hawk fan boogie. Here is the rule:

"In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders
impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of
the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area
(see also the other unnecessary-roughness
rules covering these subjects)."

His Bicep and shoulder pad hit the QB in the neck area which caused the QB to drop the ball. The ref felt the location and force was justifiable in throwing the flag, so he did. I know we all grew up with seeing the hard hits, but this concussion and player safety stuff is very real and very concerning for the league considering the large salaries that go to QBs and large revenue which is lost if a QB is done for the season; see the Rams home crowd for proof. Also, they are protecting themselves against future lawsuits from players, so the ex-players, the player's union and the current players who agreed to the rule changes are to blame. If that was RW getting hit like that, you bet I would be pissed, and if the penalty went against the Hawks, I would also be upset, but the rules are the rules.

The one thing I will agree with here is the consistency, or lack thereof, in calling the roughing or unsportsmanlike penalties.

I think Joe Theisman might have something to say about player safety, and we take the hit below the knees of the QB rule for granted now, so I imagine in a year or so, we will all be fine and they will refine the rules a little and be more clear about when they are calling it or not.

Tough loss, but as the Steelers fans told us for years after SB XL, there were plenty of other plays we could have made to win the game and overcome some bad calls which happen. And they are right. I am not happy about the calls, but the Hawks could have done some things better to overcome it.

That's why these hits should be reviewable. At full speed, simply calling a penalty because the QB's head snaps back is silly. That happens all the time. If they're going to severely limit the area and the manner in which defenders can hit someone at full speed, they have to be able to review it at reduced speed. This was not a hit in the neck.

No doubt the Niners still had more than enough opportunities to win. But this was a HUGE play.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The job of a defense is to stop the run, stop the pass, and give the qb as little time as possible to throw the ball using what is called a "pass rush" … It's a contact sport which means there will be collisions… With the exemption of head spiked to the helmet, diving at the qb's knees… the job of the pass rush was successful by the 49rs on Drew Breese on that play…. NFL is asking the impossible from NFL players in a contact sport.. Why don't you try getting around a blocker getting to the qb as fast as you possibly can in the seconds you have and expect to hit the qb who's trying to avoid you JUST RIGHT EVERY TIME by the new rules… It's asking the impossible… Yes this hit had some violence but that's because the defender is using SPEED to get to the qb and the contact was his upper shoulders and it all happened in a fraction of a second which could be the difference from a qb making the pass or NOT making the pass… it's called FOOTBALL!!!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love the instant replay Hi-Def couch potato refs the NFL now has. It's easy for anyone person with a 60" Hi-Def TV, Slow Motion and Instant Replay to get calls right or argue calls. Refs are part of the game and have to make calls on the spot, quit your bitchin Niner fans you calls like that are as much a part of the game as anything else.

Says the fan of a team that has had the rulebook re-written more than once to protect its QB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Look, if the NFL is asking these defenders moving at speeds most humans have never traveled under their own power to not only aim accurately but also adjust to another player who is also moving - often at very fast speeds as well - the least the league can do is review those plays with the benefit of replay. We've been penalized repeatedly this year for clean hits. Not to mention Kap was pushed down well after throwing in this one with no flag. It's easy for a fan of a team with an elite QB to say "stop whining." The rules are not enforced the same way, and that's the objective truth. Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers get calls other QBs do not. At full speed, this play looked bad. But it wasn't illegal. If the officials can't tell what is and what is not illegal at speed - and they clearly cannot - then they need to be able to review it in slow motion.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why these hits should be reviewable. At full speed, simply calling a penalty because the QB's head snaps back is silly. That happens all the time. If they're going to severely limit the area and the manner in which defenders can hit someone at full speed, they have to be able to review it at reduced speed. This was not a hit in the neck.

No doubt the Niners still had more than enough opportunities to win. But this was a HUGE play.

It wasn't?
The video says otherwise...

DrewBreesNeckSuperSloMo.gif

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the fan of a team that has had the rulebook re-written more than once to protect its QB.

Equally :lame:the NFL re writing a rule has nothing to do with this thread or one team. That was just stupid, back up, regroup, reposts and try to make some sense this time.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Equally :lame:the NFL re writing a rule has nothing to do with this thread or one team. That was just stupid, back up, regroup, reposts and try to make some sense this time.

What's lame is going on a 49er board, on a thread that slams the officiating after a close game, to say how the call was right. I agree that we shouldn't focus on the call, bad calls happen, and they are singular events, our offensive woes are here for the long term and should be more of a focus. But you should quit trolling dude, go back to the Patriots board.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tom Brady is a cry baby. Has had rules made to protect his baby ass. How about that post? When you watch, brees' head moves forward. You know why? Because initial impact wasn't to his head or neck. If it was, his head would have went back. Initial contact is what matters. It looked bad so the red threw a flag. These calls should be automatically reviewed.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a neck hit as long as you define neck as going below the collar bone.

Oyyyyyyy If it's below the collar bone how does the defnders arm land atop Brees' left shoulder pad?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is a cry baby. Has had rules made to protect his baby ass. How about that post? When you watch, brees' head moves forward. You know why? Because initial impact wasn't to his head or neck. If it was, his head would have went back. Initial contact is what matters. It looked bad so the red threw a flag. These calls should be automatically reviewed.

:laugh3::laugh3: WTF Does this have to do with Brady? You are just dumb for even posting this 4th grade my dad is bigger than your dad argument.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Brooks isn't suspended! If Suh had done that the fine would be it be interesting!

That is a great point. It will be interesting to see what the league does, but if it where Suh you can bet the league would be on it like white on rice. I understand that it's football, and the football is a physical game, but I agree with the league protecting these men. There is life after football and the quaolity of that life should matter.