• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pussiest Personal Foul of All Time

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell/Rules Committee should allow these types personal fouls (roughing the passer, defenseless receiver) to be review-able. NCAA allows "targeting" penalties to be reviewed, why can't the NFL institute a similar procedure?

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell/Rules Committee should allow these types personal fouls (roughing the passer, defenseless receiver) to be review-able. NCAA allows "targeting" penalties to be reviewed, why can't the NFL institute a similar procedure?

They should. They have HD. It's not like rewinding a VHS tape to review a play.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want a guy running full speed to go for a object a foot long, instead of making the safe play (team wise) and making the tackle? That is like asking a police officer to shoot a gun out of a guys hand. Can it happen if you are really talented, sure, but it's a lot safe to hit center mass..

Defensive players can't even play football anymore. No wonder they're pissed. On top of that, offensive lineman get to cut block them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tell 'em Ray Ray. Preach on!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EaRm4I4.jpg

LMAO! Omg that is too funny.

BeastHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it is a tough call to make in real time, but superstars get calls, and when I saw it in real time I thought the same thing. I think everyone focuses on the helmet to helmet thing so much it is forgotten that the neck is a major focus for the NFL, like this call. Ask Peyton Manning if he wished he had these rules.

Here's a suggestion. Amend the rules to allow replay officials to review penalties for the sole purpose of reversing any that are in error. Perhaps make it so coaches can challenge them. Say 2 challenges per half with a fifth challenge possible. This would not include missed calls, however, just ones that are called.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ray Lewis pretty worked up. Offered to pay half of Brooks' fine. I usually think he's an idiot, but I like it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now he's off the rails a little bit. "The neck is part of the body!" Ummmm...so is the head, Ray.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, welcome to Roger Goddell's NFL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, welcome to Roger Goddell's NFL.

Goodell has gone way too extreme in protecting the offensive players. It's not surprising that a fellow defensive player has come out in Brooks' defense. Hopefully, Goodell will do something soon to balance out the rules so that we have a fair game again.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell has gone way too extreme in protecting the offensive players. It's not surprising that a fellow defensive player has come out in Brooks' defense. Hopefully, Goodell will do something soon to balance out the rules so that we have a fair game again.

I've been saying that for the last two years when Brian Cushing's leg has been ruined by hits that would certainly have drawn flags if he was a quarterback.

Not gonna happen.

Defensive players are not going to be protected. The rules will not be balanced out. Because the short-attention span masses prefer their video game style football to smashmouth three yards and a cloud of dust.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Drew wishes he really had that neck, then he wouldn't have to tilt his head up to look over the line all the time.

Can you imagine how good Brees could be if he was 3, or 4 inches taller.

I don't think it matters if he was taller or not…. The dude can play… You need passing lanes regardless when you throw from the pocket in the NFL… Height thing is over-rated… It's all about reading the passing lanes and timing from the pocket…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed…. It's beyond frustrating… I'm watching week in and week out teams getting points from the refs on a regular basis… Scary…

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Equally :lame:the NFL re writing a rule has nothing to do with this thread or one team. That was just stupid, back up, regroup, reposts and try to make some sense this time.

My post made plenty of sense. Perhaps you need to re-read it. It's easy for a fan of a team that is on the advantaged side of the roughing calls to tell fans on the other side to stop whining. The elite QBs get calls the other QBs don't. That's BS. And no QB has benefited more from that than Brady, who, again, has literally had rules changed on his behalf. If you're going to have a rule, apply it equitably.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All they have to do is stay away from his head. If the pass rusher would have slapped at the ball he had a turnover, but he clearly wanted Brees decapitated. Where are the pass rushers eyes? If they were on the ball he could have taken it out of his hand and ran for a touchdown.

That shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the game, and particularly the speed. You could say taht about any sack, and in that case, why don't we routinely see QBs robbed of the football? Because it isn't nearly that easy. The Niners had gotten no pressure all night, and were desperate to do so. Brooks was rounding the corner, still contacted by the OT, and was just trying to get to Brees. And it's worth noting that he forced a fumble.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HMMM as im sitting here watching the pats panthers one of the pats injures a panther with an illegal leg whip with no penalty called. you can abuse defensive players by cut blocking and leg whipping but don't breath on brees or brady or its 15 yds

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO I wonder if that dumbass pats fan that was in here talking about us complaining about the brooks call is complaining about the non PI call at the end of tonights game!! HAHAHAHAHA