• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pussiest Personal Foul of All Time

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Equally :lame:the NFL re writing a rule has nothing to do with this thread or one team. That was just stupid, back up, regroup, reposts and try to make some sense this time.

Apparently you like to troll teams who just lost a close game. This game involved a penalty with a hit on a QB that may likely have changed the game but apparently we can't talk about crybaby QBs (see: Brady, Tom) who whine every time they get touched. Brady is at the top of the list crying for these type of penalties so I don't see how he isn't at least a little relevant to the play in question. :lame::lame::lame: please go back to your own board.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you like to troll teams who just lost a close game. This game involved a penalty with a hit on a QB that may likely have changed the game but apparently we can't talk about crybaby QBs (see: Brady, Tom) who whine every time they get touched. Brady is at the top of the list crying for these type of penalties so I don't see how he isn't at least a little relevant to the play in question. :lame::lame::lame: please go back to your own board.

This is not true at all I saw the title of the thread, decided to read it and replied, I thought that was was this message board was predicated on. You can talk all you want about Brady matter not to me, I know in the end it's just envy and I know it has nothing at all to do with this thread so it's just dumb.

What is apparent is that 9er fans are out of touch with reality, the hit was to the neck it got called as it should have. Stop whining and move on.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hey, it's America - you've got your opinion and we have ours. Many talking heads this morning including Stephen A. Smith think the 49ers got jobbed again at the Superdome so reasonable (sometimes) minds agree with us. At the end of the day, who gives a sh*t because the flag got thrown and we lost no matter what we think. I don't agree with the call but the 49ers have to start winning again and that's my chief concern.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoulder on shoulder, note how the head and neck go in the opposite direction

I'm pretty sure we have all seen enough light slaps of a QB's helmet drawing PF flags to know that the penalty isn't "first point of contact between defender and QB" or "greatest point of impact between defender and QB".

The wording of the rule is "...in the head or neck area"; the hit was clearly in the neck area, at the very least, and the rule is the rule, whether it is a weak call or not.

I would also pretty much gaurantee you that even if that was reviewable, it would not have been overturned.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it's America - you've got your opinion and we have ours. Many talking heads this morning including Stephen A. Smith think the 49ers got jobbed again at the Superdome so reasonable (sometimes) minds agree with us. At the end of the day, who gives a sh*t because the flag got thrown and we lost no matter what we think. I don't agree with the call but the 49ers have to start winning again and that's my chief concern.

Hey if you want to hang your hat on Stephen A Smith I don't know what to say.

But you are right the ref made the call as he saw it, post specualtion matters not, game is over and it was a great game. It sucks when a game like that has a call that has an affect on the game. But the refs really do they best they can IMO.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure we have all seen enough light slaps of a QB's helmet drawing PF flags to know that the penalty isn't "first point of contact between defender and QB" or "greatest point of impact between defender and QB".

The wording of the rule is "...in the head or neck area"; the hit was clearly in the neck area, at the very least, and the rule is the rule, whether it is a weak call or not.

I would also pretty much gaurantee you that even if that was reviewable, it would not have been overturned.

well the slow mo tells a different tale. the head and neck wouldn't move that much in the opposite direction unless the hit was below the neck area. which it clearly was.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1474540_10152831968622195_1808169714_n.jpg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be pissed, too, if I was a Niners fan but I've seen much more questionable calls ruled roughing.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand how that call wipes out the result of the play. It was a fumble recovery by us so should be our ball backed up 15 yards. Instead they treat it as if the play ended right when the penalty happened. I've seen that call added onto the end of plays before when it results in positive yards for the offense. I don't get why that does not work both ways. If Brees got off a pass and completed it on that play they would add the 15yds to the end of the play. When Brees fumbles though they get to just wipe out and take a free first down.

Even if the play is dead as penalty is called it was pretty much a simultaneous fumble and recovery. If you want to get real technical the contact to the head of Brees does happen after the fumble recovery.

The "penalty" happened during the play. It was not a dead ball foul.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "penalty" happened during the play. It was not a dead ball foul.

Lol. Glad a Niners fan finally cleared that one up. You don't get to keep the fumble you recovered caused by a hit deemed an illegal one.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet Drew wishes he really had that neck, then he wouldn't have to tilt his head up to look over the line all the time.

Can you imagine how good Brees could be if he was 3, or 4 inches taller.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The job of a defense is to stop the run, stop the pass, and give the qb as little time as possible to throw the ball using what is called a "pass rush" … It's a contact sport which means there will be collisions… With the exemption of head spiked to the helmet, diving at the qb's knees… the job of the pass rush was successful by the 49rs on Drew Breese on that play…. NFL is asking the impossible from NFL players in a contact sport.. Why don't you try getting around a blocker getting to the qb as fast as you possibly can in the seconds you have and expect to hit the qb who's trying to avoid you JUST RIGHT EVERY TIME by the new rules… It's asking the impossible… Yes this hit had some violence but that's because the defender is using SPEED to get to the qb and the contact was his upper shoulders and it all happened in a fraction of a second which could be the difference from a qb making the pass or NOT making the pass… it's called FOOTBALL!!!!

All they have to do is stay away from his head. If the pass rusher would have slapped at the ball he had a turnover, but he clearly wanted Brees decapitated. Where are the pass rushers eyes? If they were on the ball he could have taken it out of his hand and ran for a touchdown.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they have to do is stay away from his head. If the pass rusher would have slapped at the ball he had a turnover, but he clearly wanted Brees decapitated. Where are the pass rushers eyes? If they were on the ball he could have taken it out of his hand and ran for a touchdown.

So you want a guy running full speed to go for a object a foot long, instead of making the safe play (team wise) and making the tackle? That is like asking a police officer to shoot a gun out of a guys hand. Can it happen if you are really talented, sure, but it's a lot safe to hit center mass..

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

If he wanted Brees decapitated he would've been decapitated.

It was pretty clear he was making every effort to not hit him in the head area and to our misfortune Brees is short and it would've went from an obvious clean hit to a clean hit that looked way worse than it actually was.