• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pussiest Personal Foul of All Time

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are human as well should we hold them to the same standards as officials and just throw replay out all together? Yeah we all know you dropped that pass but it's ok mistakes happen take your completion.

How about we just stop fining players as well. That helmet to helmet hit was simply a judgement call and while it was not the correct call we forgive you.

It's total BS how much all sport leagues protect the officials for horrendous calls and mistakes, but then they fine and suspend their players for them.

The league doesn't PUBLICIZE it's disciplinary measures against refs, but that's hardly the same as forgiving bad calls.

Pro leagues in general probably don't renew the contracts of refs who foul up often enough. That's discipline that doesn't need to be publicized.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Honestly, a tiny part of my love for NFL football died today with that 15-yard penalty. I don't think I'll ever look at the league quite the same again.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, a tiny part of my love for NFL football died today with that 15-yard penalty. I don't think I'll ever look at the game quite the same again.

As I said earlier. Same with ufc last night it's just getting harder and harder to be a fan these days.

Sad thing is I know I'll keep watching so the NFL still wins. Sad but true. Unless we all stop watching it won't matter....

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1468620_10151986565486251_1112613552_n.jpg

I mean how is this a penalty??

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier. Same with ufc last night it's just getting harder and harder to be a fan these days.

Sad thing is I know I'll keep watching so the NFL still wins. Sad but true. Unless we all stop watching it won't matter....

At least you can justify the UFC fight last night. It's not really stretch to see round 1 going either way, but that hit by Brooks was pretty clear cut and not to the head or neck area.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you can justify the UFC fight last night. It's not really stretch to see round 1 going either way, but that hit by Brooks was pretty clear cut and not to the head or neck area.

Just making an example that it's getting harder to respect it.

I just don't see how a ref can make that call in that juncture. When it want obvious, slap in the face to football

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% clean hit

complete bs and its the call the cost us the game

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% clean hit

complete bs and its the call the cost us the game

I asked this upthread: if the refs don't screw up that call, and the 9ers hang on to win, does that mean they don't have major issues? A lot of postgame posts are about the terrible offense, and that would still be the case if the refs don't blow it, right?

I guess if they win this game you could say they're like the 2000 Ravens, all defense and even with Trent Dilfer at QB you can win a Superbowl? But they 'should have' won so, are they possibly the 2000 Ravens?
Their defense is good but not that good.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked this upthread: if the refs don't screw up that call, and the 9ers hang on to win, does that mean they don't have major issues? A lot of postgame posts are about the terrible offense, and that would still be the case if the refs don't blow it, right?

I guess if they win this game you could say they're like the 2000 Ravens, all defense and even with Trent Dilfer at QB you can win a Superbowl? But they 'should have' won so, are they possibly the 2000 Ravens?

a win is a win. especially in the dome where the saints usually roll over ppl

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a win is a win. especially in the dome where the saints usually roll over ppl

Good point, they 'won' in NO, something no one has done in a while

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sure they'd still have issues. But they'd be a 7-3 team that went into a division leader's house and beat them, with issues. Every team in the league has issues. Games like these can have a huge impact, and that was a bad, bad call.

Look, the Niners were lucky even to be in this one. Muffed punt led to seven points. Blind luck led to a fumble through the endzone on a would-be pick-six. But fluky shit happens every week. The Niners should have won this game, and that call was of enormous import. Can't say the Niners definitely win if they don't call roughing, but it would have made things really hard on the Saints.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1468620_10151986565486251_1112613552_n.jpg

I mean how is this a penalty??

I am not here to pile on, and I disagree with my fellow Hawk fan boogie. Here is the rule:

"In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders
impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of
the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area
(see also the other unnecessary-roughness
rules covering these subjects)."

His Bicep and shoulder pad hit the QB in the neck area which caused the QB to drop the ball. The ref felt the location and force was justifiable in throwing the flag, so he did. I know we all grew up with seeing the hard hits, but this concussion and player safety stuff is very real and very concerning for the league considering the large salaries that go to QBs and large revenue which is lost if a QB is done for the season; see the Rams home crowd for proof. Also, they are protecting themselves against future lawsuits from players, so the ex-players, the player's union and the current players who agreed to the rule changes are to blame. If that was RW getting hit like that, you bet I would be pissed, and if the penalty went against the Hawks, I would also be upset, but the rules are the rules.

The one thing I will agree with here is the consistency, or lack thereof, in calling the roughing or unsportsmanlike penalties.

I think Joe Theisman might have something to say about player safety, and we take the hit below the knees of the QB rule for granted now, so I imagine in a year or so, we will all be fine and they will refine the rules a little and be more clear about when they are calling it or not.

Tough loss, but as the Steelers fans told us for years after SB XL, there were plenty of other plays we could have made to win the game and overcome some bad calls which happen. And they are right. I am not happy about the calls, but the Hawks could have done some things better to overcome it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not here to pile on, and I disagree with my fellow Hawk fan boogie. Here is the rule:

"In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders
impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of
the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area
(see also the other unnecessary-roughness
rules covering these subjects)."

His Bicep and shoulder pad hit the QB in the neck area which caused the QB to drop the ball. The ref felt the location and force was justifiable in throwing the flag, so he did. I know we all grew up with seeing the hard hits, but this concussion and player safety stuff is very real and very concerning for the league considering the large salaries that go to QBs and large revenue which is lost if a QB is done for the season; see the Rams home crowd for proof. Also, they are protecting themselves against future lawsuits from players, so the ex-players, the player's union and the current players who agreed to the rule changes are to blame. If that was RW getting hit like that, you bet I would be pissed, and if the penalty went against the Hawks, I would also be upset, but the rules are the rules.

The one thing I will agree with here is the consistency, or lack thereof, in calling the roughing or unsportsmanlike penalties.

I think Joe Theisman might have something to say about player safety, and we take the hit below the knees of the QB rule for granted now, so I imagine in a year or so, we will all be fine and they will refine the rules a little and be more clear about when they are calling it or not.

Tough loss, but as the Steelers fans told us for years after SB XL, there were plenty of other plays we could have made to win the game and overcome some bad calls which happen. And they are right. I am not happy about the calls, but the Hawks could have done some things better to overcome it.

That hit though was not a concussion issue … He avoided the helmet contact and simply used his arm to make the hit up near his shoulder area… Breese reacted from the impact and the follow through might have hit his neck a little but BUT clearly this was not a dangerous concussion situation at all… These play's happen in a fraction of a second and these defenders are doing there best to avoid dangerous hits … Your asking too much from a defender to always avoid certain contact especially in a contact sport… This call was just a bad call all the way around and had a huge impact on the outcome…

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hit though was not a concussion issue … He avoided the helmet contact and simply used his arm to make the hit up near his shoulder area… Breese reacted from the impact and the follow through might have hit his neck a little but BUT clearly this was not a dangerous concussion situation at all… These play's happen in a fraction of a second and these defenders are doing there best to avoid dangerous hits … Your asking too much from a defender to always avoid certain contact especially in a contact sport… This call was just a bad call all the way around and had a huge impact on the outcome…

Not about concussion issue. Player safety, 10's of millions invested in QBs who serve up what the fans want and brings in revenue, long passes to WR for the TD. I quoted the rule from the rule book. Maybe you don't think it should be a rule, but all the current player's agreed to it, as well as the player's union. I think they will refine how and when it will be called, but it was clearly a dangerous hit on a QB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not about concussion issue. Player safety, 10's of millions invested in QBs who serve up what the fans want and brings in revenue, long passes to WR for the TD. I quoted the rule from the rule book. Maybe you don't think it should be a rule, but all the current player's agreed to it, as well as the player's union. I think they will refine how and when it will be called, but it was clearly a dangerous hit on a QB.

Watch the live shot of this hit though man… I don't think his neck was EVER touched just his upper shoulder area… Even under the neck rule I don't think his neck was hit…

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it is a tough call to make in real time, but superstars get calls, and when I saw it in real time I thought the same thing. I think everyone focuses on the helmet to helmet thing so much it is forgotten that the neck is a major focus for the NFL, like this call. Ask Peyton Manning if he wished he had these rules.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real travesty of these kind of calls is that they will end have the end result completely opposite of what the NFL is trying to accomplish. Defenses will realize that they are damned if they do, damned if they don't, so damn it, in that situation lets make sure that the QB doesn't get back up because no matter what this great defensive play will end up a first down for them so lets at least see what they can muster with a back up QB