• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pussiest Personal Foul of All Time

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the whole play through, Brooks arm does come up into Brees neck as he tackles him. But is that blow to the head/neck? The blow was to the chest, the neck was the aftermath. I guess it depends exactly on how that rule is written.

NFL should just paint targets on qb's so players know where to hit.. WTF I"m all for player safety but it's getting ridiculous … PI call's seem to be at and all time high as well… There making it #@$^ ing hard to play good defense…

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL should just paint targets on qb's so players know where to hit.. WTF I"m all for player safety but it's getting ridiculous … PI call's seem to be at and all time high as well… There making it #@$^ ing hard to play good defense…

It should just be two-hand touch when a QB is dropping back to pass.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I have found it very hard to enjoy both college and pro football this year thanks to all the personal foul calls for targeting a defenseless receiver. I can understand wanting to take out helmet to helmet contact, but the majority of the flags being thrown are on clean hits that just end up looking bad in real time.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no such thing as good defense anymore. Stellar defense now is settling for a FG. The rules have been rewritten to make mediocre offensive players able to put up hall of fame stats.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have found it very hard to enjoy both college and pro football this year thanks to all the personal foul calls for targeting a defenseless receiver. I can understand wanting to take out helmet to helmet contact, but the majority of the flags being thrown are on clean hits that just end up looking bad in real time.

Yep… Helmet to helmet is fine… also diving at a qb's knees I think we all get that… BUT TO CALL roughing on a tackle that's NOT the head or not the knees is just being stupid.. Breese got sacked and that's that let it play through…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also there is no consistency how they call it.. Some games they let um play and some games they get cheesy as @#$^@# … It's scary man because you support your team all year and it can all blow up from the refs … Scary

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks' hit on Brees.

Steve Young is rolling in his grave.

Nice knowin' ya football. We have to settle for Vaginaball from now on.

Hello, refs are human don't forget. Humans make mistakes.

A mistaken call is not proof of bad intentions. Don't act like it is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

It's never been this bad though.

I hope all those jackasses who sued the NFL choke on that 745 million.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not complaining so much about this one bad call. I'm more concerned about what the NFL has become now. The NFL is something less than real football now.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pissed about this call.

Howie long said it best, how are you supposed to tAckle qbs now? Listen I realize we might have been lucky to even be in that game. But just like the ufc call last night in the gsp fight. It's hard to respect sports theses days. You would think with all the technology and brain power these days stuff like this is sports would not happen. Goodell is a piece of shit.

On to Washington. We better win!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pissed about this call.

Howie long said it best, how are you supposed to tAckle qbs now? Listen I realize we might have been lucky to even be in that game. But just like the ufc call last night in the gsp fight. It's hard to respect sports theses days. You would think with all the technology and brain power these days stuff like this is sports would not happen. Goodell is a piece of shit.

On to Washington. We better win!

Brooks should've tackled him more gently. LOL. He should have hugged him and cradled him as they fall softly to the ground.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how much of an impact these calls have on games, I want to know why the NFL and Owners haven't decided to make those reviewable calls? I like what college football does with targeting and reviewing to make sure it was actually targeting before they eject someone. The one thing I hate is that the personal foul call still stands. I really think they need to start thinking about having a replay official who reviews all personal foul/PI calls to ensure that they are a personal foul or PI. With how many tv cameras there are now, it should be faster to just have a replay official review everything rather than sending an official under the hood each time to determine that. Just tired of seeing games decided on these calls.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how much of an impact these calls have on games, I want to know why the NFL and Owners haven't decided to make those reviewable calls? I like what college football does with targeting and reviewing to make sure it was actually targeting before they eject someone. The one thing I hate is that the personal foul call still stands. I really think they need to start thinking about having a replay official who reviews all personal foul/PI calls to ensure that they are a personal foul or PI. With how many tv cameras there are now, it should be faster to just have a replay official review everything rather than sending an official under the hood each time to determine that. Just tired of seeing games decided on these calls.

With the speed of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if officials are about 50% accurate on these roughing the passer/defenseless receiver calls.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The league is pushing these tick tack call's man…. This is not by accident or human error… THIS is how there calling the dam games … League needs to keep safety in mind sure BUT back off on these tick tack call's… This is not human error, this is rules going to far… NFL needs to address it and soon like...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is pushing these tick tack call's man…. This is not by accident or human error… THIS is how there calling the dam games … League needs to keep safety in mind sure BUT back off on these tick tack call's… This is not human error, this is rules going to far… NFL needs to address it and soon like...

I agree. Goodell's campaign against defense has gone way too far.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players are human as well should we hold them to the same standards as officials and just throw replay out all together? Yeah we all know you dropped that pass but it's ok mistakes happen take your completion.

How about we just stop fining players as well. That helmet to helmet hit was simply a judgement call and while it was not the correct call we forgive you.

It's total BS how much all sport leagues protect the officials for horrendous calls and mistakes, but then they fine and suspend their players for them.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the refs don't screw up that call and the Niners hang on to win. Does that invalidate all the criticisms exploding all over this board right now? I mean, they would still suck on offense, etc, right?

No, it doesn't mean all is right, but this game had huge playoff implications in terms of seeding. Dictating the outcome based on a call this ridiculous is beyond lunacy and it epitomizes everything that is wrong with today's NFL.