• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pussiest Personal Foul of All Time

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea yall got robbed in this one.

No we didn't. Bad calls happen and largely affect the outcome of all games won by a touchdown or less. After that happened, we had an opportunity to drive down the field and put the game away. But we have a QB, and I call Kaepernick a QB with a fair degree of sarcasm, who has ZERO gametime awareness. He runs out of bounds stopping the clock on our last offensive play. This isn't rocket science. Pop Warner players know better than that.

Think about this: The Saints kick the field goal that ties the game at 20. They kick the ball out of the back of the endzone and there is 2:06 on the clock. The 49ers then get sacked on first down (my God, Kaepernick takes more "CAN NOT TAKE A SACK HERE!!!!!" sacks than any QB I can ever remember), get a gift by not getting a safety called on second down, and run on third down. In that entire series, they manage to run 18 whole seconds off the clock. Then they punt, and the punt coverage team racks up another 15-yard penalty (this has been an epidemic this season at key points in every one of the losses), putting Drew Brees 18 yards out of FG range with 1:41 left.

This team needs a lot of things. And the way they've played all season they absolutely don't deserve to make the playoffs. If they do, they're one and done. This offense is a joke.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we didn't. Bad calls happen and largely affect the outcome of all games won by a touchdown or less. After that happened, we had an opportunity to drive down the field and put the game away. But we have a QB, and I call Kaepernick a QB with a fair degree of sarcasm, who has ZERO gametime awareness. He runs out of bounds stopping the clock on our last offensive play. This isn't rocket science. Pop Warner players know better than that.

Think about this: The Saints kick the field goal that ties the game at 20. They kick the ball out of the back of the endzone and there is 2:06 on the clock. The 49ers then get sacked on first down (my God, Kaepernick takes more "CAN NOT TAKE A SACK HERE!!!!!" sacks than any QB I can ever remember), get a gift by not getting a safety called on second down, and run on third down. In that entire series, they manage to run 18 whole seconds off the clock. Then they punt, and the punt coverage team racks up another 15-yard penalty (this has been an epidemic this season at key points in every one of the losses), putting Drew Brees 18 yards out of FG range with 1:41 left.

This team needs a lot of things. And the way they've played all season they absolutely don't deserve to make the playoffs. If they do, they're one and done. This offense is a joke.

Ohhh come on with the " i am intelligent" bs-we watched the game too please...

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SackFumbleBrees.gif

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, those last series kind of summed up the game anyway. We did not really deserve to be in the game, the Aints were just very generous with the muff, the fumble out of the end zone, the int. And then of course there is our dynamic pass offense. Did we even try to throw it more than 10 yards downfield more than 5 times? With no completions?

It is clear that this coaching staff does not understand the NFL pass game and/or receivers. We have a weak group and have had for some time. Even then, I see other teams with fairly weak receiver corp and their guys get open way more than ours. Today for example. The Saints don't have the greatest group either but they got open a lot more than ours did, for way more yards.

Jim, Vic, Gore up the middle every first down is not getting it done, ya know?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a call that should not have been made. Its just getting silly.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup right across the chest with the arm and the hand pulls down on the shoulder. It's not even close to the head or neck until after the fumble as Brees is going down. Even then it's only contact because Brees is going down into the arm. It was never Brooks going up to hit Brees in the head.

Actually you can clearly tell that the brunt of the impact is on Brees left shoulder when Brooks hits him. If you just watch the way Brees reacts to the hit you can tell all of the impact was on that shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could watch that gif all day.

I like watching Brees' neck wobblin' around like that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of blame to go around from the lack of any kind of pass rush pressure to an offensive line that gets dominated by good teams, but it is impossible not to notice how Kaepernick's play just kills the team. Harbaugh is going to lose this team if he is not careful. The kaepernick apoligists always ask what Alex Smith would have done differently. Well, they certainly would have won this game if he was playing.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yup right across the chest with the arm and the hand pulls down on the shoulder. It's not even close to the head or neck until after the fumble as Brees is going down. Even then it's only contact because Brees is going down into the arm. It was never Brooks going up to hit Brees in the head.

If you watch the whole play through, Brooks arm does come up into Brees neck as he tackles him. But is that blow to the head/neck? The blow was to the chest, the neck was the aftermath. I guess it depends exactly on how that rule is written.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is ridiculous… NO WAY should that be rouging… Clean good hit… Absolutely horrendous call…

atleast another fan of a team can call it how it is(and a huge rival of ours as well)....i posted it on facebook and since I'm in packerland all the packer fans are defending the call. bitter fans....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

No one is saying that we didnt' have a chance to overcome the penalty but the penalty was a major factor in deciding the game.

If the refs don't blow that call the 9ers get the ball (around midfield I think it would've been) and the Saints are denied 3 points.

So at worst we force them to burn timeouts by running the ball and punting the forcing them to go the length of the field to get a TD to win or FG to tie or we get a couple of first downs and kick our own FG to make it a TD game.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the whole play through, Brooks arm does come up into Brees neck as he tackles him. But is that blow to the head/neck? The blow was to the chest, the neck was the aftermath. I guess it depends exactly on how that rule is written.

Thing is if you go based off that then the fumble should stand. The ball was already out by the time any contact was made to the neck or head area. The reason they wiped out the fumble was because they ruled the foul happened prior to Brees losing the ball. If it happens after then the fumble stands and they back the 49ers up 15 yards after awarding them the ball.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thing is if you go based off that then the fumble should stand. The ball was already out by the time any contact was made to the neck or head area. The reason they wiped out the fumble was because they ruled the foul happened prior to Brees losing the ball. If it happens after then the fumble stands and they back the 49ers up 15 yards after awarding them the ball.

You could be right. I am not THAT worked up about it because we did not deserve to win that game. Without that penalty, maybe we would but we sucked pretty seriously and were only in it due to Saints mistakes.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you see the Redskins/Eagles game earlier today? I don't have a problem with the call, so much, as the lack of consistency. Griffin got hit similarly in that game, and so much so around his head/neck that his helmet came off. No call. Eagles recover the fumble, and the rout was on.

The NFL is about as legitimate as professional wrestling, and it's getting worse every week.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sure you watched the same game? You really think the officials were prepared to let us drive the field and steal a win in New Orleans? As they had already proved the rules allow them to throw flags and make calls at any point in the game for any reason they see fit regardless of right or wrong. That's really the biggest thing the NFL still needs to address but never will.

They need to hold officials accountable for bad calls. I think all penalties should be reviewable as well and the NFL should have replay officials looking at every play just like college. The fans don't want bogus calls like this deciding games. They want correct calls deciding games but at least those can be stomached.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You could be right. I am not THAT worked up about it because we did not deserve to win that game. Without that penalty, maybe we would but we sucked pretty seriously and were only in it due to Saints mistakes.

Ofense sucked. Defense didn't. Defense is the reason we were in the game. Reason we should have won the game. We played bad, but well enough to win. And should have if not for that call.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a call that should not have been made. Its just getting silly.

An absolutely terrible call, and as the Steeler defensive lineman Jack Lambert once said, "Quarterbacks should wear dresses."