• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Your Top 3 AL/NL MVP/CYA - End of August

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that this is it at all. I think that you both understand that it's meant for the most valuable player. You simply don't both define value the same way.
Fair enough

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historical equates to important and memorable. This season by harper is neither. It's absurd to say otherwise. It's merely a very good year that Stat nerds think is great. The truth is 5 years from now no one will remember anything harper did this year because it wasn't important or valuable in ANY way

Soooooo...... What about that autism?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooooo...... What about that autism?
The weak minded and inept resort to childish shit like this above slink. If you have an opinion then that is fine. Being insecure in your argument to the point you have to do dumb stuff like this is just sad. And clearly you have no actual idea what autism even is. Grow up.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historical equates to important and memorable. This season by harper is neither. It's absurd to say otherwise. It's merely a very good year that Stat nerds think is great. The truth is 5 years from now no one will remember anything harper did this year because it wasn't important or valuable in ANY way

So you're saying that the term is entirely about how something makes people feel? If so, I don't really see why it would even matter in a discussion about actual value.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weak minded and inept resort to childish shit like this above slink. If you have an opinion then that is fine. Being insecure in your argument to the point you have to do dumb stuff like this is just sad. And clearly you have no actual idea what autism even is. Grow up.

Look, half-wit, sometimes there comes a point in a debate when you realize the other person is so fucking stupid, that putting any effort in defending your position is a complete waste of time. I'm aware you've likely never hit a point in a conversation like that, because, well, you're so fucking stupid. However, I've hit that point on this one with you.

You can call me weak minded all you want. It means nothing. I've taken watery shits with more cognitive abilities than you've got.

So, anyway, about that autism. Have you ever been tested?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that the term is entirely about how something makes people feel? If so, I don't really see why it would even matter in a discussion about actual value.
It doesnt. We aren't having a discussion about value. We are discussing a great player on a .500 team. Nothing about that speaks to value

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, half-wit, sometimes there comes a point in a debate when you realize the other person is so fucking stupid, that putting any effort in defending your position is a complete waste of time. I'm aware you've likely never hit a point in a conversation like that, because, well, you're so fucking stupid. However, I've hit that point on this one with you.

You can call me weak minded all you want. It means nothing. I've taken watery shits with more cognitive abilities than you've got.

So, anyway, about that autism. Have you ever been tested?
Yet you keep responding. Lol. I haven't now nor ever in this thread engaged you for your opinion because I don't care what it is. I don't need you to agree with me. If your panties are so twisted then stop engaging me with your blatherings

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt. We aren't having a discussion about value. We are discussing a great player on a .500 team. Nothing about that speaks to value

Keep stamping your feet big guy

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, how do you define a great year without using stats?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, how do you define a great year without using stats?
You dont. You use stats to qualify a great year. You just can't sign value to it because the season itself has no value. You can be a great player on a bad team. You just can't be the MVP

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep stamping your feet big guy
I'm not the one who keeps reopening discussions. I'm happy to let you guys disagree. Not trying to convert anyone. Just giving my 2 cents

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you keep responding. Lol. I haven't now nor ever in this thread engaged you for your opinion because I don't care what it is. I don't need you to agree with me. If your panties are so twisted then stop engaging me with your blatherings

Sometimes I enjoy pushing the crippled kid down the steps. Guilty pleasure, for sure, but there you have it.

Now if you don't mind, wheel your chair over close to the edge there - I wanna see how much air you can get this time.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper. Another home run tonight. That's 40, for a 22 year old kid with a ridiculous BA and even more ridiculous OBP.

Yawn. What a forgettable season. . .

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper. Another home run tonight. That's 40, for a 22 year old kid with a ridiculous BA and even more ridiculous OBP.

Yawn. What a forgettable season. . .

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't contradict myself. I pointed out Piazza was very similar to Harper that year and he didn't win. And his team was better. I didn't say anything about walker winning because imo that was bullshit. The point was Harper's year doesn't guarantee him to win because it's not all that special. Not memorable even a little bit. If your season isn't historical then you shouldn't win on a bad team

Except for the fact that Harper had a much better OBP, SLG%, OPS and OPS+. Piazza hit for a higher average, that's about it. And fwiw Harper is having a better season than what Walker had or a similar like team.

And for the life of me I can't wrap my head around you thinking this isn't a special season. No he didn't hit 60+ homers, but his season is historically good.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the fact that Harper had a much better OBP, SLG%, OPS and OPS+. Piazza hit for a higher average, that's about it. And fwiw Harper is having a better season than what Walker had or a similar like team.

And for the life of me I can't wrap my head around you thinking this isn't a special season. No he didn't hit 60+ homers, but his season is historically good.

But, dude, it's only a historically special season if you care about the well documented history of MLB.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Cubs win in a huge game and another Rizzo game winning rbi. Ho hum. Typical night.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was Harper's year doesn't guarantee him to win because it's not all that special. Not memorable even a little bit. If your season isn't historical then you shouldn't win on a bad team

Bryce Harper -- who is only 22 -- makes history with 40th home run of the season

Only six other players have done the same, and four of them are Hall of Famers: Mel Ott (1929), Joe DiMaggio (1937), Eddie Mathews (1953 and 1954) and Johnny Bench (1970). The other two were Juan Gonzalez (1992), who was a two-time MVP, and Alex Rodriguez (1998) who is Alex Rodriguez.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Cubs win in a huge game and another Rizzo game winning rbi. Ho hum. Typical night.

Goes 1-4 with a sac fly. You're right that is just about a typical night since he's only batting .276. He's so clutch he's hitting .222 in September. LOL.

Meanwhile Harper isn't clutch at all, he's only hitting .417 in September.