• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Giants-Bills proposed trade?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, and chances he gets to the #4 are not strong...I think the Colts would be all over him, if not another team trading to get there before Cleveland
The flipside to this is that if you take Barkley #1 then by the time the #4 pick rolls around you could be looking at the 3rd best QB prospect.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flipside to this is that if you take Barkley #1 then by the time the #4 pick rolls around you could be looking at the 3rd best QB prospect.

Yeah, assuming the Colts traded that pick, that would be true, but my guess is that if the Browns passed on a QB at #1, i would think they dont see much seperation on the top QB's, if they did, I think they would take him at 1

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible, they will have to do their homework, that is certain. If they go QB at 1 and Barkley is gone by 4 they can trade back a little for another RB.

Thing is they have options and if they somehow fuck this up they will really have to try hard to do so.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be excited about giving up both 21&22 (my LT wouldn't be part of this deal) but, you're not going to get a franchise QB picking 21.

I'd probably make the trade with Philly for Foles and lose only 1 of those picks.

if you are going to draft a QB in the first or second round then IMO you should always trade up to get the best QB in the draft...

QBs are the most important position in football, why do you want someone that you don't think is the best when you could have gotten that player??

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i thought I could get Baker in the early 2nd, Id make this trade in a heartbeat OR Id draft barkley with the 2nd pick, as unpopular as that seems

I only say that b/c it appears no Olineman are worthy of the #2 this season

I think Mayfield has a wide window between Drew Brees and complete bust, but considering each of these tpo QB's seemingly come with some level of skepticism, id gladly take a Barkley/Mayfield combo over one Josh Rosen

I think most of Rosen's recent critics are centered on some comments he made about not wanting to go to CLE...not something a rookie should be saying, but we know more than just Rosen was thinking it...heck the DE they took #1 overall LY initially said he didn't want to get drafted by CLE.

Yeah I would like Barkley & Mayfield over Rosen and I'm not a huge Mayfield guy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, and chances he gets to the #4 are not strong...I think the Colts would be all over him, if not another team trading to get there before Cleveland

IND (multiple needs, RB, OT, DE, OG) is a possible trade down team I think....McClinchey the ND OT is the only T getting top 10 mocks right now...the DE Chubb from NCST is a need and top 5 talent on most boards. If neither of those players are attractive to IND, it would make sense to move down and collect more picks...they are going to hit a need in almost any direction they go.

With so many needs and RB being at least 4-5 deep in this draft, I might be looking to move down or take Bradley Chubb or Mike McClinchey over Barkley. I'm thinking I can get a Sony Michel, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, etc at 2/36.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IND (multiple needs, RB, OT, DE, OG) is a possible trade down team I think....McClinchey the ND OT is the only T getting top 10 mocks right now...the DE Chubb from NCST is a need and top 5 talent on most boards. If neither of those players are attractive to IND, it would make sense to move down and collect more picks...they are going to hit a need in almost any direction they go.

With so many needs and RB being at least 4-5 deep in this draft, I might be looking to move down or take Bradley Chubb or Mike McClinchey over Barkley. I'm thinking I can get a Sony Michel, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, etc at 2/36.

Agreed, Chubb is the guy to Indy i see most, but if the Bills fail with the Giants, maybe they should dial up Buffalo for that #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are going to draft a QB in the first or second round then IMO you should always trade up to get the best QB in the draft...

QBs are the most important position in football, why do you want someone that you don't think is the best when you could have gotten that player??

IIRC this was BUF we were talking about.

#1 Rosen is not the Andrew Luck of this draft...there is no Andrew Luck in this draft, but 3 or 4 guys that have 1st round grades...Rosen is 1, 2, or even 3 on some QB boards....so he's not a consensus guy. If he were I'd have no problem giving up 21, and 22 and maybe later pick, but not my LT.

#2 I think Foles is better than the current QB in BUF, so I think I'm improving the team with this move. Is Foles better than Rosen? For 2018 I'm going to say yes.

#3 I get to fill another hole with a 1st round pick (starter level talent) so I turned 21 & 22 into two starters....vs turning #21 & #22 (and more) into a rookie QB...sure a starting level talent, but am I any better than LY?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume we're referring to CLE.

If Darnold and Rosen are 1 and 1a on their board this might be one of those times to go against the conventional grain.

Yeah, I agree RB #1 overall is not a great move...really bad if you only have one 1st round pick, but CLE has draft stock up the yin-yang. CLE can ensure getting two anchors by taking Barkley #1 overall.

Up the ying-yang or not, they need to get maximum bang for those picks (1-31 is not showing promise). I would pass on Barkley at #4 as well and get better value at a different position. RB can be filled on day 2.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC this was BUF we were talking about.

#1 Rosen is not the Andrew Luck of this draft...there is no Andrew Luck in this draft, but 3 or 4 guys that have 1st round grades...Rosen is 1, 2, or even 3 on some QB boards....so he's not a consensus guy. If he were I'd have no problem giving up 21, and 22 and maybe later pick, but not my LT.

#2 I think Foles is better than the current QB in BUF, so I think I'm improving the team with this move. Is Foles better than Rosen? For 2018 I'm going to say yes.

#3 I get to fill another hole with a 1st round pick (starter level talent) so I turned 21 & 22 into two starters....vs turning #21 & #22 (and more) into a rookie QB...sure a starting level talent, but am I any better than LY?

Better than Tyrod for 2018 isn't a very good measuring stick. Bills need to find their franchise guy going forward, a decade long starter to build around. Foles has not performed well beyond brief surprises. He flopped after his huge season, only to then bounce around and almost end up out of football. The Eagles ran the plays he did well with during his breakout season and it worked (for the most part, and especially in the playoffs) in the short term. Foles is a bit of buyer-beware to me; he's extremely narrow in terms of system fits.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would Barkley be a good pick at #4?

Better at #4, but still too early IMO. Much better value waiting until the 2nd (or trading down, but obviously not down to the Bills range if you want Barkley).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of Rosen's recent critics are centered on some comments he made about not wanting to go to CLE...not something a rookie should be saying, but we know more than just Rosen was thinking it...heck the DE they took #1 overall LY initially said he didn't want to get drafted by CLE.

Yeah I would like Barkley & Mayfield over Rosen and I'm not a huge Mayfield guy.

Mayfield isn't making it to the 2nd round. Too many teams looking for a QB (unless FA settles some of that, depends on which teams get those FA QBs). I expect at least the top 4 QBs to go in the first round (and at least 3 in the top 10), and maybe 5 or 6.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield isn't making it to the 2nd round. Too many teams looking for a QB (unless FA settles some of that, depends on which teams get those FA QBs). I expect at least the top 4 QBs to go in the first round (and at least 3 in the top 10), and maybe 5 or 6.

I think the Bolded part has a really good chance of playing out, Ive never seen Free Agency with QB's look like this offseason

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better at #4, but still too early IMO. Much better value waiting until the 2nd (or trading down, but obviously not down to the Bills range if you want Barkley).
So if I was sure I could have Barkley and Donald or Rosen by taking Barkley first. Wouldn't that be the wise way to go, vs. Taking Donald or Rosen first only to see NY or Indy take Barkley.

I think the success of Zeke and Fournett is starting to up the value of RB again.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I was sure I could have Barkley and Donald or Rosen by taking Barkley first. Wouldn't that be the wise way to go, vs. Taking Donald or Rosen first only to see NY or Indy take Barkley.

I think the success of Zeke and Fournett is starting to up the value of RB again.

I think if the Browns know they want Barkley and dont see much seperation between Darnald and Rosen, they have to draft Barkley #1 and take their chances that one of the 2 is there at 4

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were talking about the QB demand in the league this season in another thread a couple of weeks ago. I think there will be 3 or 4 drafted in the first round but i can't see 5 or 6 going in the first round. some teams are going to fill the position in free agency and there just aren't 5 or 6 college QB's worthy of drafting in the first round. some of those guys are going to slide to lower rounds.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up the ying-yang or not, they need to get maximum bang for those picks (1-31 is not showing promise). I would pass on Barkley at #4 as well and get better value at a different position. RB can be filled on day 2.

CLE needs players sir...good players. To hell with value at a position for them they have plenty of cap space too...they've had ample draft picks in the past and they're picking #1 overall back to back seasons. If you're finding me Barkley talent in the rd 2...I'm taking.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Browns know they want Barkley and dont see much seperation between Darnald and Rosen, they have to draft Barkley #1 and take their chances that one of the 2 is there at 4
That's exactly how I see it. Of course I'm assuming Cleveland wants Barkley.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Tyrod for 2018 isn't a very good measuring stick. Bills need to find their franchise guy going forward, a decade long starter to build around. Foles has not performed well beyond brief surprises. He flopped after his huge season, only to then bounce around and almost end up out of football. The Eagles ran the plays he did well with during his breakout season and it worked (for the most part, and especially in the playoffs) in the short term. Foles is a bit of buyer-beware to me; he's extremely narrow in terms of system fits.

It's a start.

Foles...everyone knows this story now...I'm not saying he's the second coming, but Idk that Rosen is either and I don't want to invest two 1st round pick + to find out.