• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Giants-Bills proposed trade?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly have the ammo to do it. They have a boatload of picks. But my sense is, wouldn't they do the deal with the Browns? The Giants also seem to be eyeing Rosen.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Galko was all over the Mahomes tradeup when most people didn't have him on their 1st round radars. I would take this seriously.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly have the ammo to do it. They have a boatload of picks. But my sense is, wouldn't they do the deal with the Browns? The Giants also seem to be eyeing Rosen.
That's the only surprising part if true is why the Giants would pass on Rosen. Maybe they feel like they could draft Lamar Jackson and get results out of him as well? If so this makes more sense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly interested how much Bridgewater would/will get in FA. He had some pretty solid performance in Minnesota despite some bad surrounding casts and a RB who was a non-receiving threat.
I'd imagine someone will give him a 1yr or 2yr contract around what Foles is getting. I could be way off, though, because QB markets are way crazy sometimes.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to know how great Rosen could/will be. It's a big roll of the dice. Buffalo made the playoffs. They have bigger holes then just at QB. At least with JG there was a small sample size.
If it's a QB they want, look at FA and or trades. Saving at least one or two of those top picks to fill holes. I can't give up that many first round picks on a hope Rosen is going to be a franchise QB.

A Franchise QB you believe in, and obviously the Bills would if they made this trade, is worth an inanely high cost

No one is fooled by them being a playoff team last season, they were a product of an awful conference and everything breaking right for them, thats hard to count on every year, that team needs a QB

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine someone will give him a 1yr or 2yr contract around what Foles is getting. I could be way off, though, because QB markets are way crazy sometimes.
WF acted like he was getting 4-6M AAV which is insane given Glennon got over 10M in my opinion. But yeah, I'd have him in Foles territory, even if for different reasons.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why the Bills are trying to do this. It probably sets them back 1 year but if they get Rosen then...yeah, worth it.

I think if the Giants do this then they should go after Bridgewater. Or Kaepernick.
It sets them back one year "if" Rosen pans out?

This would be a great deal for the Giants. Not quite a Herschel level trade but right up there.

Last edited:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Galko was all over the Mahomes tradeup when most people didn't have him on their 1st round radars. I would take this seriously.

There were serious rumors around here the Giants were trading up for Mahomes, but werent going as high as the Chiefs were for him

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to know how great Rosen could/will be. It's a big roll of the dice. Buffalo made the playoffs. They have bigger holes then just at QB. At least with JG there was a small sample size.
If it's a QB they want, look at FA and or trades. Saving at least one or two of those top picks to fill holes. I can't give up that many first round picks on a hope Rosen is going to be a franchise QB.

That's the only way you really get a franchise QB. Getting one through free agency is extremely rare. Tyrod is likely out, and what FA QB out there is better than Tyrod? Betting on Foles or one of the Vikes QBs?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sers them back one year "if" Rosen pans out?

This would be a great deal for the Giants. Not quite a Herschel level trade but right up there.
I get what Clayton is saying I think. If the Chiefs drafted Lattimore and say Lawson, they could've caused real damage in the playoffs with the offense they had this year; but that's ok if there's longterm quality at the QB position and sets yourself up to take command of the East in the post Brady era in theory.

If Rosen is a bust we all laugh at this in hindsight, however.

It definitely is a sweet gig for the Giants if they think there's someone else they can get in the draft and get similar quality.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only way you really get a franchise QB. Getting one through free agency is extremely rare. Tyrod is likely out, and what FA QB out there is better than Tyrod? Betting on Foles or one of the Vikes QBs?
Yeah, I don't see much of a way the Bills are getting a franchise QB, outside of trading up, unless they are Lamar Jackson truthers which is fine, but there's not that many of them and even guys who had a lot of negativity (Watson) in the draft process have a way of wriggling their way up the draft.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what Clayton is saying I think. If the Chiefs drafted Lattimore and say Lawson, they could've caused real damage in the playoffs with the offense they had this year; but that's ok if there's longterm quality at the QB position and sets yourself up to take command of the East in the post Brady era in theory.

If Rosen is a bust we all laugh at this in hindsight, however.

It definitely is a sweet gig for the Giants if they think there's someone else they can get in the draft and get similar quality.

I guess maybe they are high on a Mason Rudolph possibly?

God no, dont let it be Lamar Jackson, they are already saying he will be converted to a WR

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only surprising part if true is why the Giants would pass on Rosen. Maybe they feel like they could draft Lamar Jackson and get results out of him as well? If so this makes more sense.

Maybe they trade one of the picks for a guy like Bridgewater, or sign Case Keenum, if he is tight with Pat Shurmur.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see much of a way the Bills are getting a franchise QB, outside of trading up, unless they are Lamar Jackson truthers which is fine, but there's not that many of them and even guys who had a lot of negativity (Watson) in the draft process have a way of wriggling their way up the draft.

...and really, if they want Lamar, how is he going to be different from Tyrod? He's a bit more explosive, but also slighter.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess maybe they are high on a Mason Rudolph possibly?

God no, dont let it be Lamar Jackson, they are already saying he will be converted to a WR
Man, I would just say watch the games again with an open mind. Yeah he can outrun college players in ways that probably won't happen as much in the NFL, but he has made big improvements from earlier in his career and even early in the season, imo. He's a serious QB prospect now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they trade one of the picks for a guy like Bridgewater, or sign Case Keenum, if he is tight with Pat Shurmur.
Maybe. Keenum gets a Glennon contract and that can maybe be a bridge to the next QB? Seems kinda dodgy and a way to get you on the hotseat real fast in New York, but I digress. Teddy's contract situation is weird but it does appear tentatively he will actually reach FA. Kind of hard to get a read on the Giants if Rosen ain't it (and it won't be Allen or Mayfield either if they trade down this far)

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I would just say watch the games again with an open mind. Yeah he can outrun college players in ways that probably won't happen as much in the NFL, but he has made big improvements from earlier in his career and even early in the season, imo. He's a serious QB prospect now.

Im hesitant, the first order of business for any NFL team will be to keep him from running much, and I just have no faith he excels in the pocket

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and really, if they want Lamar, how is he going to be different from Tyrod? He's a bit more explosive, but also slighter.
I would argue Lamar makes tigher window throws whereas Tyrod has an Alex Smith thing going on. Not the worst thing in the world with the INT% and mobility, but it does put more stress on the rest of the roster and demands specific receivers to take advantage.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins or Brees? Bradford not a huge upgrade but an upgrade IMO.

Or make a play at Foles even though he's not a FA.

I wouldn't be against sitting with what I have. Take whoever is available at #21 if you want to take a chance. You still have your number 22 and next years first (assuming that's the cost). Also what FA QBs are available next season?

Too much for me to gamble.