• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Submit to arrest...yes.

Admit guilt? Who said that?

No but slamming a guy's head into the concrete is.

And as i have told you before, we will never know if T. Martin felt in fear of his life, thus justifying HIS use of deadly force.. because he was killed by his stalker. Funny how that works.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Rodney King ?

how about Oscar Grant ?

how about Aaron Campbell, Niles Meservey, Amadou Ahmed Diallo, Orlando Barlow, Sean Bell, Victor Steen, Steven Washington or Tyron Brown

Brandon Stanley
Daniel Shaver
James Scott
Dylan Noble

Unarmed white people get shot too. There is no outrage from anybody for them, white or black.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as i have told you before, we will never know if T. Martin felt in fear of his life, thus justifying HIS use of deadly force.. because he was killed by his stalker. Funny how that works.

He was killed by a member of the neighborhood. You are right though. We will never truly know. That being said, what is that saying in US courts? Innocent until proven guilty.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump is right Nfl is wrong that is all

What do you care about the NFL? You root for you own damn team to lose. Nobody needs that type of so called fan. Do everyone a favor - skip the NFL this season & use the time to attend Trump rallies - it will be appreciated by many.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson gives 1st paycheck to Texans workers

These are just two examples of how the NFL and players do a lot for the community & their fans. I am bringing this up to counter everything we have been hearing lately that paints a broad brush to make it appear that all/most NFL players are unpatriotic and greedy, bad human beings.

IMO nothing could be further from the truth & stories like this prove it. There are tons of other examples of players giving back to the community (& yes supporting the vets in many ways). Look at all that JJ Watt did recently. If folks want to criticize certain players for taking a knee (or similar) during the National Anthem - so be it. However don't then make the leap that most NFL players are rich a-holes who have no respect for vets. I am sure that this whole thing is not easy for many players (refer to the story that I posted about the Titans WR who took a knee yet had a brother who died in Afghanistan - this has to be very tough).

People need to consider the feelings of everyone in this (what makes this country great).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SoCalWizFan You bring up a good point. But then again as a society we have gotten lazy and judgemental. We often go with the old WYSIWIG mentality, as in What You see IS What You Get. And alot of times, the passing judgement on a group of people because of the actions of an individual, or group of people with similar traits has been the reality. Admittedly we are all guilty of it in some form. But until we can get past that line of thinking in general, we are just going to see the same old problems and prejudices carried on generation after generation.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have clicked on the political forum. :noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportster , me too , time to move on fellas

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NP - do whatever you like - I am pretty much done w/ this topic. Thx.

its just that politics shouldnt be here , but i felt like i should

A) put it in an area that it should be
b) and let it go where it goes basically to show why politics should not be here

hopefully it will play out .

not angry or disappointed or anything like that , you guys are great people

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just that politics shouldnt be here , but i felt like i should

A) put it in an area that it should be
b) and let it go where it goes basically to show why politics should not be here

hopefully it will play out .

not angry or disappointed or anything like that , you guys are great people

Oh no - I am not mad in any way & am actual grateful to have this phased out & appreciate your efforts. I just hope that some folks in our society don't all of sudden look down on any of us for still watching the NFL. I kind of get that feeling in the area of the South where I live. They are not really big NFL folks anyone - college football is their game.

Oh well - HTTR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no - I am not mad in any way & am actual grateful to have this phased out & appreciate your efforts. I just hope that some folks in our society don't all of sudden look down on any of us for still watching the NFL. I kind of get that feeling in the area of the South where I live. They are not really big NFL folks anyone - college football is their game.

Oh well - HTTR

look your feelings arent , wrong , nor is sharks or sty's or Gk's or mine , or anyone else 's for that matter . i think we acknowledge the issue but disagree on the protests execution . in the end they have the right to do so and i defended that right . doesnt mean i cant be upset with it or you not be if you get my take

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is worthwhile dialogue but we hit the wash, rinse, repeat cycle after awhile. It is hard enough rehashing Cousin's, Scherff and Moses <not the biblical one> much less a much more meaty subject. I think most got to say what they wanted to.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe we should look at this . Best facts I could come up with

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe we should look at this . Best facts I could come up with

I really was going to leave this alone. But seriously having a black man suggest that Racism has gotten better is a bit duplicitous. Is it better now than it was in the 60's and before that? Yes. Are Americans more accepting of other races, some times. But the reality is, as technology has improved, so has PUBLIC policing of these types of things. I dont think we have gotten drastically more accepting, I just think that the chances of getting caught and punished for acts based on racism has become greater, so people are not as blatant with it.

And mind you i said people.. to include ALL racial groups.

Also add in the fact that those who are particularly xenophobic are currently more concerned with the HIspanic population explosion in America than they are with blacks.... mind you for some blacks will always hold a special place as public enemy #1.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really was going to leave this alone. But seriously having a black man suggest that Racism has gotten better is a bit duplicitous. Is it better now than it was in the 60's and before that? Yes. Are Americans more accepting of other races, some times. But the reality is, as technology has improved, so has PUBLIC policing of these types of things. I dont think we have gotten drastically more accepting, I just think that the chances of getting caught and punished for acts based on racism has become greater, so people are not as blatant with it.

And mind you i said people.. to include ALL racial groups.

Also add in the fact that those who are particularly xenophobic are currently more concerned with the HIspanic population explosion in America than they are with blacks.... mind you for some blacks will always hold a special place as public enemy #1.
dude you cant change everyone , the nazi's and white supremacists will always be what they are , ASSHOLES but the numbers are there and you can find them at the sites mentioned . i posted that mostly for the numbers and the last scene which people forget

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you care about the NFL? You root for you own damn team to lose. Nobody needs that type of so called fan. Do everyone a favor - skip the NFL this season & use the time to attend Trump rallies - it will be appreciated by many.
no

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude you cant change everyone , the nazi's and white supremacists will always be what they are , ASSHOLES but the numbers are there and you can find them at the sites mentioned . i posted that mostly for the numbers and the last scene which people forget

Agreed, you can change every one. But much like a QBs stats, these numbers are subjective. And because of that people will take from them what they want to take from them to a degree. While I have never been accused of being a racist, I have been stopped for reasons other than a legit stop. So you tend to view the world from a point of what you have been through, what you were taught growing up, and what you have learned since.

I was taught most white people dont like blacks, I have learned thats not the case, I have experienced that while every white man doesnt dislike me simply because Im black... there are still to many that are willing to accept that its ok to treat me differently because Im black.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well .... so much for tabling this discussion

Wash, rinse, repeat .... Wash, rinse, repeat .... Wash, rinse, repeat .... Wash, rinse, repeat .... :L

Status
Not open for further replies.