• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well .... so much for tabling this discussion

Wash, rinse, repeat .... Wash, rinse, repeat .... Wash, rinse, repeat .... Wash, rinse, repeat .... :L

Yea, but if you wash your jeans enough, eventually they will fade. :thumb:

No one here is going to have that Ah Ha moment, but I will say that these sorts of debates.. be they about sports or politics have made me at least reconsider my thoughts on a subject on occasion. And thats kind of the point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my fault sportster , its on me i posted something extra , i promise i will move away

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i appreciate thoughtful, reflectful & respectful conversations ...

sure ... we might be dug in so deep no one is going to budge

but there is the chance we might reconsider our or someone else's perspective

and if you do not enjoy reading stuff unrelated to the team ...

do not click on the damn thread

:suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me till you told me what to do. We decided as a group how to handle this. I said I was okay and thought it wasn't a bad idea. Funny how we are permissive of some things then tell others how to act. :trash:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me till you told me what to do. We decided as a group how to handle this. I said I was okay and thought it wasn't a bad idea. Funny how we are permissive of some things then tell others how to act. :trash:

Welcome to 'Merica Essee. :pound:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude ... we agreed to post all stuff unrelated to the team (which includes political stuff) HERE

if you choose to click on this thread thats your choice

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to 'Merica Essee. :pound:

I had that conversation with some co-workers today ... but as it was not related to football or whether someone was sitting, standing or lying down I will leave it at work. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude ... we agreed to post all stuff unrelated to the team (which includes political stuff) HERE

Gotcha you and later tater.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AKA.. Enter of your own free will.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to be a dick ...

but if someone wants to get something off their chest ... do it here

use this thread to speak your mind ... that what this thread is here for

also for finding good breweries ... or nascar, or nba, or chilli recipes ...

we're grown ass men ... we should be able to talk about whatever we want without restrictions

as long as we are able to keep it respectful

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OFf topic, but should bring a smile

Outback has steak and UNlimited shrimp....

Can we all agree Steak and unlimited Shrimp crosses party lines?? :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one deserves a fuck you Sty.

Sorry that I had to set you up in this manner, but considering your reluctance to at minimum try to see the world that others live, it was necessary.

There was NO mistaking the message that the exploding head sent in relation to that photo that @Sharkinva posted. I intended to aim it towards you because your responses are consistent in that they come from a place consistent with what that pictured reaction represented......OR.......from a place of sheltered, insecure, exploitive privilege consistent with folks who are unable to empathize with a world outside of his own manufactured comfort zone.

The funny thing is.......Your reaction, which was the perfectly proper one, spoke volumes!!! You felt that shit didn't you?

So let's review: "This one deserves a fuck you Sty!"

WHY?

Because it was undeserved, wrong to be judged without explicit proof, posted by someone who REALLY doesn't know or understand the true essence that's you, a fellow human being, and Racists at it's core. How am I doing?

You had every right to respond in the manner that you did, and truthfully, I deserved as much venom as could be read into that "This one deserves a fuck you Sty!" as can be humanly conveyed from one person towards another. So I want to ask you something.

Ready?

Are you sure??

OK, here goes.........Why would a person, a group of people or someone who represents people that are not getting equal treatment in this country not have the same right to verbally, symbolically, or in outright rebellious mode, tire of such treatment, and issue their own version of "Fuck you!?"

An even bigger question is: Why aren't you a part of supporting people who are merely trying to have what you have in terms of equal treatment?

I don't want to hear about the reaction to the reaction dodge. If you want to talk about what it is and has always been at the heart of what C. Kaepernik started, then let's do that. No more flag BS, because it is not about that, never was. No more anthem BS, because it was not about that, Never was and certainly No more military sacrifices BS, because it's not about that either, NEVER WAS!

To be honest I fully expect you to come up with some self soothing response to even this, but there's one thing you'll never be able to talk or rationalize your way out of, and that's how YOU felt when I posted that exploding head.

Try carrying around 400 years of stereotyping on your back every day that you wake up in the morning!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Circumstances.

When Eric Holder can't find a reason to prosecute you with Obama begging him to, you were justified.

I also don't see a black man when it comes to Michael Brown or Eric Garner. I see criminals, because they were. Eric Garner's death was an accident caused by a heart problem. The heart problem was triggered because he didn't want to be arrested.

Interesting that you don't also see people

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really was going to leave this alone. But seriously having a black man suggest that Racism has gotten better is a bit duplicitous. Is it better now than it was in the 60's and before that? Yes. Are Americans more accepting of other races, some times. But the reality is, as technology has improved, so has PUBLIC policing of these types of things. I dont think we have gotten drastically more accepting, I just think that the chances of getting caught and punished for acts based on racism has become greater, so people are not as blatant with it.

And mind you i said people.. to include ALL racial groups.

Also add in the fact that those who are particularly xenophobic are currently more concerned with the HIspanic population explosion in America than they are with blacks.... mind you for some blacks will always hold a special place as public enemy #1.

Might I add that people have become much more well versed in how thoughts, images and language is used.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure how he kept his job after that McCloughan fiasco

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLBFJ3LW4AABe9n.jpg

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that I had to set you up in this manner, but considering your reluctance to at minimum try to see the world that others live, it was necessary.

There was NO mistaking the message that the exploding head sent in relation to that photo that @Sharkinva posted. I intended to aim it towards you because your responses are consistent in that they come from a place consistent with what that pictured reaction represented......OR.......from a place of sheltered, insecure, exploitive privilege consistent with folks who are unable to empathize with a world outside of his own manufactured comfort zone.

The funny thing is.......Your reaction, which was the perfectly proper one, spoke volumes!!! You felt that shit didn't you?

So let's review: "This one deserves a fuck you Sty!"

WHY?

Because it was undeserved, wrong to be judged without explicit proof, posted by someone who REALLY doesn't know or understand the true essence that's you, a fellow human being, and Racists at it's core. How am I doing?

You had every right to respond in the manner that you did, and truthfully, I deserved as much venom as could be read into that "This one deserves a fuck you Sty!" as can be humanly conveyed from one person towards another. So I want to ask you something.

Ready?

Are you sure??

OK, here goes.........Why would a person, a group of people or someone who represents people that are not getting equal treatment in this country not have the same right to verbally, symbolically, or in outright rebellious mode, tire of such treatment, and issue their own version of "Fuck you!?"

An even bigger question is: Why aren't you a part of supporting people who are merely trying to have what you have in terms of equal treatment?

I don't want to hear about the reaction to the reaction dodge. If you want to talk about what it is and has always been at the heart of what C. Kaepernik started, then let's do that. No more flag BS, because it is not about that, never was. No more anthem BS, because it was not about that, Never was and certainly No more military sacrifices BS, because it's not about that either, NEVER WAS!

To be honest I fully expect you to come up with some self soothing response to even this, but there's one thing you'll never be able to talk or rationalize your way out of, and that's how YOU felt when I posted that exploding head.

Try carrying around 400 years of stereotyping on your back every day that you wake up in the morning!

Set up? Just because I will take true offense to being called a bigot without any evidence to support it, doesn't mean it was a set up. It means you are a touchy asshole.

Because they are getting equal treatment, not equal results.

I am not supporting them because they do not want equal treatment. They want equal results.

The BS is the idea that black people today are treated poorly by cops simply because they are black. There are instances where they may be, but blacks people as a whole are not.

I asked you for a solution and you could not come up with an idea. I gave you a solution to the only issue supported by any facts and I support that solution.

I wish that we could go back to those 400 year old stereotypes of hard working and religious black people. You see, that is the stereotype I see from generations past. Compare those men to the men I see today, and the comparison is sad. Oh wait, before you get mad, I say the same thing of white people and all Americans. We are no where close to being as great a society as we once were or are capable of being.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you don't also see people

Why is it interesting? I don't see Dylan Roof, James Holmes, Adam Lanza, Jared Loughner, or a plethora of other murderers and pedophiles as human either. I want them all dead and then God can judge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.