• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with enforcement of laws as well. If you are in violation of the law, then you should be prosecuted for it. Really have no idea where you are going.

Both Jim Crow and segregation were found to be in violation of the Constitution...kinda my point.

my point has been the same ...

your opinion that because the 14th amendment was ratified on July 28, 1868 it magically gave folks due process & eliminated any elite social status.

rules & regulations, such as the 14th amendment, are well & fine

but it did not magically make "white privilege" disappear

and all of the sudden all laws were enforced indiscriminately

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point has been the same ...

your opinion that because the 14th amendment was ratified on July 28, 1868 it magically gave folks due process & eliminated any elite social status.

rules & regulations, such as the 14th amendment, are well & fine

but it did not magically make "white privilege" disappear

and all of the sudden all laws were enforced indiscriminately

White privilege cannot be proven. The courts and law deal in fact. When a law is created specifically favoring one group over another, then it is an unConstitutional law.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again in a perfect world, you would have American companies, with American workers making a fair wage, and prices set accordingly.

But Ford, McDonalds and Walmart have shown, American companies are more than willing to fuck the American people and get their goods from over seas to maintain a higher profit margin. And the government cant and wont pass laws that force these companies to employ Americans and use American products because the law makers get THEIR profits from these self same companies.

Trump is trying to even that playing field a little though isn't he?

People think fair trade and free markets are great, and I do too...if we are all playing by the same rules.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. That didn't help at all except to prove my point on the 14th amendment. There was actually a law stating you have to have racial diversity rather than look at the quality of the application. This doesn't prove racism because we don't see the applications.

As for arrests, again, where are black people being arrested? Where are white people not being arrested? Can black people buy homes instead of smoking in an apartment they do not own and are attached to other people? I think they can.

The article was a totally slanted joke.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White privilege cannot be proven. The courts and law deal in fact. When a law is created specifically favoring one group over another, then it is an unConstitutional law.

Actually it can and HAS been proven. I think the problem is more that what you take the term to mean is distasteful and thus unacceptable.

Full disclosure the following link is to an article written by a black man, and thus will have some sort of Bias. But his facts do bare weight...

http://www.theroot.com/yes-you-can-measure-white-privilege-1794303451

I find this clip, proven by fact and law, particularly interesting

According to the Wall Street Journal, large auto lenders have paid more than $200 million since 2013 to settle lawsuits for charging minorities higher rates

The National Consumer Law Center filed a 2007 lawsuit that exposed how “finance companies and banks put in place policies that allowed car dealers to mark up the interest rates on auto loans to minorities based on subjective criteria unrelated to their credit risk.”

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I will say, if you are going to have a blanket policy on illegals, you cant then target a specific subset. Want to crack down, round up all these british, russian and Canadians who over stay their visa. Hell in most cases they know who and where they are.

As for them taking jobs from our children... I dont know about your kids, but mine aint having no parts of picking orange for $5 a day. And the moment we force these companies that are employing these illegals to employ Americans at American wages... Americans will be the first to go ape shit over a $10 Quart of Orange Juice.

And let me ask you something, when is the last time some one took away from a white person to try and make amends. Those college programs. By and large they are supported by private organizations. And while your child might not be eligible for a scholarship sponsored by the American ***** college fund, these are private groups. And they CAN choose whom they want to benefit.

And I think the real fear about latino immigrants is that they do to white America what white America did to the Native American. Not by force and trying to exterminate them mind you. But by the simple process of evolution and assimilation. this right here is the real fear Trump and alot of his hard line supporters have

Babies Of Color Are Now The Majority, Census Says
Thats not what im implying. Down the road these illegals will be graduating with degrees from the assist programs provided them and then one day they will be taking your childrens childrens opportunities away, but will all be dead and gone so who cares right. Regardless, my point only was that legal citizenship is welcomed, as it should be. Those who would have open borders are a scary and dangerous bunch when so many absolutely hate americans.. of all colors. Prez Trump is tryn to regain control of a country gone mad. Dont understand anyone who would be against that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not what im implying. Down the road these illegals will be graduating with degrees from the assist programs provided them and then one day they will be taking your childrens childrens opportunities away, but will all be dead and gone so who cares right. Regardless, my point only was that legal citizenship is welcomed, as it should be. Those who would have open borders are a scary and dangerous bunch when so many absolutely hate americans.. of all colors. Prez Trump is tryn to regain control of a country gone mad. Dont understand anyone who would be against that.

OK Rep here goes.

1. Im not for open borders. But I am totally against singling out groups of people for deportation or exclusion based on ethnic or religious background. (Maybe Im biased being raised Muslim and born black and married to a latina).

2. Most of these assistance programs that you speak of are privately funded, and in most cases are designed to give these minorities the same opportunity your or MY children should have not based on race, but our house hold ability to afford our kids a better education. I currently have 4 out of five kids in college or some sort of higer education. You know how much "assistance my half black half spanish kids got?? Dick. Why.. because Dad bust his ass and the family is above that all mighty tax bracket.

3. I agree legal citizenship should be welcome, but again we fall back to the point that if you are from Great Britain Russia or Canada, you are twice as likely to actually be allowed to become a legal citizen as if you came here from Central or South America... and if you are from the middle East.. good luck.

Trump is trying to make America the 1950's again. And dick all of the 50's was GREAT for some one of my particular background.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it can and HAS been proven. I think the problem is more that what you take the term to mean is distasteful and thus unacceptable.

Full disclosure the following link is to an article written by a black man, and thus will have some sort of Bias. But his facts do bare weight...

http://www.theroot.com/yes-you-can-measure-white-privilege-1794303451

I find this clip, proven by fact and law, particularly interesting

According to the Wall Street Journal, large auto lenders have paid more than $200 million since 2013 to settle lawsuits for charging minorities higher rates

The National Consumer Law Center filed a 2007 lawsuit that exposed how “finance companies and banks put in place policies that allowed car dealers to mark up the interest rates on auto loans to minorities based on subjective criteria unrelated to their credit risk.”

Do I believe whites have an advantage as a whole? Yes I do. Do I believe it is based on race? No I do not. I will explain.

First off, I like the article and he makes some very good points. My first question would be when does the law of diminishing returns kick in? I will say that white families with hundreds of years of wealth building have privilege. That is very few white people.

As for education, he shows white percentages at high poverty schools in comparison to blacks. I have to ask, what prevents blacks from moving to better districts? In terms of money given to a school, I would have to see the exact formulas used for each individual district and where those funds come from. To compare 500 schools and strictly use income level in some form is an incomplete analysis. What do the taxes of that locality go to? You could compare schools in the same town with that analysis. You can compare federal funding or state funding in a similar manner, but you can't do a straight comparison. In terms of education, I would suggest we look at parental involvement and how education is pushed within the family. I will say blacks start off in a huge hole when it comes to this analysis because of the high rate of children in a single parent home.

As for employment, no two people have the exact same resume and more importantly this discounts the actual interview. We would also have to look at the location of the jobs requested and many other factors. The resume is getting people to the door while the interview allows them to come in.

When looking at income, you can't use a blanket earnings. You can't even look at a blanket earnings within an industry. You have to look at earnings within an individual company. If you show a black man with the same education, training, experience, and request for earnings making less than the white man with the same qualifications, then you have a point.

You can't control where a business is located. Why do businesses not open in black neighborhoods? As for loans and insurance, there are many factors that go into rates. I will guarantee every one of those loans and insurance increases for blacks can be backed up with mathematical reasoning. As for factors not related to credit, I would assume one factor is location of residency and likelihood of taking a loss. I would also bet another factor is likelihood of insurance lapses.

Like I said, I liked the article but as with everything in statistics, we can show bias data to prove a point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@reptec101

Im also going to point out something here

3.5 percent of the total U.S. population. The exact figure is obviously impossible to determine; the estimate essentially comes from taking the foreign-born population from census records, then subtracting the number of legal immigrants.

So we are going totally lets build a wall over less than 2% of the population.. or 3.5% if you want to say every illegal is Mexican which we know not to be the case.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@reptec101

Im also going to point out something here

3.5 percent of the total U.S. population. The exact figure is obviously impossible to determine; the estimate essentially comes from taking the foreign-born population from census records, then subtracting the number of legal immigrants.

So we are going totally lets build a wall over less than 2% of the population.. or 3.5% if you want to say every illegal is Mexican which we know not to be the case.

There are 325 million people living in the US. The estimates are between 11M and 30M illegals in the US. That is between 3.5 and 10%.

Putting a 20 billion dollar wall up, to deter 90% of the illegals from coming in, that will reduce the roughly 80 billion to 300 billion we spend on illegals in a given year dramatically.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 325 million people living in the US. The estimates are between 11M and 30M illegals in the US. That is between 3.5 and 10%.

Putting a 20 billion dollar wall up, to deter 90% of the illegals from coming in, that will reduce the roughly 80 billion to 300 billion we spend on illegals in a given year dramatically.

LAst i checked, 10% of 325 million was 32.5 MIllion. divide that by 10 you get 3.25 million

11 divided by 3.25 is 3.39

So again roughly 3% of the entire population rounding up and ASSUMING every single one is of Mexican/South American heritage.

So basically they are trying to use money as a justification to single out a particular racial group and not call it what it is.. discrimination.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa I will go even further...

The federal Budget last year was $4.17 Trillion Even if I maxed out your number spent.... you are basically saying that 10% of the total population using up maybe 6% of the total budget is the MOST pressing problem in America and deserves the majority of not only the presidents, but the countries attention??

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa I will go even further...

The federal Budget last year was $4.17 Trillion Even if I maxed out your number spent.... you are basically saying that 10% of the total population using up maybe 6% of the total budget is the MOST pressing problem in America and deserves the majority of not only the presidents, but the countries attention??

Is that the number one thing? Funny, I have been consumed by hurricanes, race relations, and North Korea.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the number one thing? Funny, I have been consumed by hurricanes, race relations, and North Korea.

When a man was elected President based on largely the promise to build a wall, I would say it was a major concern of some in this country.

But let me ask you this. In your honest opinion say Trump does get the following accomplished.

1. Builds the Wall
2. Manages to round up and deport all those pesky illegal Mexicans
3. Manages to put in an infrastructure to keep out those pain in the ass Mexicans

You tell me where you see this going, then I will tell you my thoughts. Deal?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAst i checked, 10% of 325 million was 32.5 MIllion. divide that by 10 you get 3.25 million

11 divided by 3.25 is 3.39

So again roughly 3% of the entire population rounding up and ASSUMING every single one is of Mexican/South American heritage.

So basically they are trying to use money as a justification to single out a particular racial group and not call it what it is.. discrimination.

11 million divided by 325 million is .033846 which is roughly 3.5 percent as I stated.

30 million divided by 325 million is .0923 which is roughly 10% as I stated, especially considering the actual number I heard was 33 million.

Actually, I said 90% were from south of the border. Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration - ProCon.org

I didn't single them out. The wall prevents people we can control getting into this country illegally. The wall pays for itself. So yes, I am justifying stopping people coming from a single direction, the most prominent direction for illegal entry, from entering illegally. Nobody is suggesting just rounding up illegals from that direction. The suggestion is to stop them from that direction because that is the easiest entry.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A wall would do more than keep mexicans from coming in illegally. It would help secure land entry from others who wish to reek havoc on us. Also, its not about russian illegals, India illegals, japanese or chinese illegals here. I never see any of them in the news in bad situations. Again, not implying all mexicans are bad... 90 percent im sure are great and honest people... but we need security in this day in age when nukes are on a brink.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 million divided by 325 million is .033846 which is roughly 3.5 percent as I stated.

30 million divided by 325 million is .0923 which is roughly 10% as I stated, especially considering the actual number I heard was 33 million.

Actually, I said 90% were from south of the border. Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration - ProCon.org

I didn't single them out. The wall prevents people we can control getting into this country illegally. The wall pays for itself. So yes, I am justifying stopping people coming from a single direction, the most prominent direction for illegal entry, from entering illegally. Nobody is suggesting just rounding up illegals from that direction. The suggestion is to stop them from that direction because that is the easiest entry.

Well when you put it that way it sounds so logical. Kinda like that whole Germany thing a few decades back. How well did that work out for those who were deemed a drain on society I wonder??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A wall would do more than keep mexicans from coming in illegally. It would help secure land entry from others who wish to reek havoc on us. Also, its not about russian illegals, India illegals, japanese or chinese illegals here. I never see any of them in the news in bad situations. Again, not implying all mexicans are bad... 90 percent im sure are great and honest people... but we need security in this day in age when nukes are on a brink.

All IM going to say is, its a slippery slope to paint an entire group based on the publicized bad actions of a few. After all, I dont see many Mexicans lugging 23 high powered rifles into a hotel and shooting up a country music concert. Maybe we should start deporting white men with guns??

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea ok ya got me ... only whity kills perfect strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.