• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you give your life and your entire family tree to prevent Egypt from enslaving the Jews?

Would you give your life and your family tree to prevent the Muslim slave trade of whites in North Africa between the 16th and 18centuries? You know 200 years of slavery.

Well considering IM not Jewish or White, I would be remiss to say I would. So honestly probably not unless i also knew it would prevent the suffering of my own ancestors as well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering IM not Jewish or White, I would be remiss to say I would. So honestly probably not unless i also knew it would prevent the suffering of my own ancestors as well.

So again, it isn’t slavery that makes you outraged. It is the fact it happened to your ancestors, maybe.

Do you think you would be better off today If American slavery never happened?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you asked a question...

Maybe blacks in Africa today would have white slaves if it weren’t for American slavery 160 years ago. Would that make you happy?

And I answered.. why would that some how please me??

I admit you are honest, and yes some could see you as an asshole. But I would say we are both a bit biased in this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, it isn’t slavery that makes you outraged. It is the fact it happened to your ancestors, maybe.

Do you think you would be better off today If American slavery never happened?

Agreed, and its also that despite Slavery ending even if you dont want to see it, I and my children as still considered second class in this country in too many cases.

And if Slavery had never happened in the US, I would never be here.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you asked a question...

And I answered.. why would that some how please me??

I admit you are honest, and yes some could see you as an asshole. But I would say we are both a bit biased in this.

I don’t think I am really biased. You said you would wipe out your family tree to have prevented American slavery. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn’t.

I completely understand your positions and even concede there is likely a small factor in Black society today; however, I think the black community has the power to overcome any racial bias given to them. I truly believe the problem within the black community as a whole is cultural...not universal.

I love you man, but I need sleep. I truly enjoy our conversations and how we can speak without truly offending each other. These topics can be tough because everybody has bias, me included.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The outrage in America against American Slavery is by and large by the descendants OF Americans slaves. So i think we have just a little bit of a right to be pissed, and to NOT let America casually sweep its ugly past under the rug. Especially since while slavery has been ended here, its legacy is alive and well even if its put on a happy face for the most part. You are right the outrage is a bit personal when you have people running for leadership positions in this country and they feel comfortable posting bill boards such as this.... Forgive me for thinking this was a DIRECT statement that me and mine are NOT welcome in the land of my birth.

5d461557-93d3-4975-9088-bfecef68b4a9-large16x9_PolkbillboardoriginalbyRickTyler.jpg
See this is where you fail to use common logic and reasoning. You relate this one racist billboard posted in Tennessee to every white person in the united states when in fact those who are actually this blatant racist is in the small percentage. This is the same guy who was given a job by MSNBC BTW who thrives in fake news. Here's a link to their latest hoax if you're interested.

'Morning Joe' Airs Post-Thanksgiving Show, Immediately Busted by Viewer for What They Tried to Pull Off

You mention you have the right to NOT let slavery's ugly past be swept under the rug. Yet that's exactly what your party is doing. Sweeping it away as if it never happened. It's the republican party who are outraged that our history is being removed from the schools and the memory. Now I suspect you would say the right wingers are sad to see the statues and plaques and school names and city's soon to be renamed go because to them it represents a great time in america. A good ole party. When in fact the vast majority are fighting to save history because it's a reminder of our past. A reminder to where this nation once was and how far it has come. (not far enough in your eyes and understandably so) but regardless we have come a long way. President Obama should be proof of that... regardless if he was elected in a biased way. The fact that he was running for president is a long way away from running from a noose.

Yes, America has come a long way. The blacks have made great strides and are continuing to make strides, but bills and laws passed to help the cause is only a small step, and to ask whites to step back so blacks can take their spot in line isn't a viable or reasonable request. There are so many things that blacks can do to help move the dial towards the neutral position. I'm not saying pull up your pants, speak the kings english and act like Carlton (though that would certainly help with the unfair stereo type-casting of employers) Im saying for families to know where their children are. To emphasize the importance of education, respecting authorities and any citizen who walks this earth. I absolutely fell in love with the mother in baltimore who saw her child on TV and went and grabbed her protesting, rock throwing kid by the ear and verbally lashed out at him for taking part. That child perhaps will have a productive fulfilling life because his mother cared enough and took the time. Please, I'm not saying all black families have no clue and our bad parents,,, please don't paint me in such a way. There are many white families who children run a muck with no guidance and who no doubt will find trouble sooner or later and spiral downward perhaps throughout their life.

Like in football building a team has to start on the front line (family). Cause without a strong line your prized quarterback (child) will no doubt get sacked and carted off the field of play sooner or later.

I guess my point is that signs like this don't reflect 90 percent of how whites feel, and when those 90 percent chant "lets make america great again" it's including every legal citizen; of all races, of the United States. I promise you it's not hoping to bring back slavery... as you believe.

I guess since our football season is over these conversation fill some voided time. It's all good.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where you fail to use common logic and reasoning. You relate this one racist billboard posted in Tennessee to every white person in the united states when in fact those who are actually this blatant racist is in the small percentage. This is the same guy who was given a job by MSNBC BTW who thrives in fake news. Here's a link to their latest hoax if you're interested.

'Morning Joe' Airs Post-Thanksgiving Show, Immediately Busted by Viewer for What They Tried to Pull Off

You mention you have the right to NOT let slavery's ugly past be swept under the rug. Yet that's exactly what your party is doing. Sweeping it away as if it never happened. It's the republican party who are outraged that our history is being removed from the schools and the memory. Now I suspect you would say the right wingers are sad to see the statues and plaques and school names and city's soon to be renamed go because to them it represents a great time in america. A good ole party. When in fact the vast majority are fighting to save history because it's a reminder of our past. A reminder to where this nation once was and how far it has come. (not far enough in your eyes and understandably so) but regardless we have come a long way. President Obama should be proof of that... regardless if he was elected in a biased way. The fact that he was running for president is a long way away from running from a noose.

Yes, America has come a long way. The blacks have made great strides and are continuing to make strides, but bills and laws passed to help the cause is only a small step, and to ask whites to step back so blacks can take their spot in line isn't a viable or reasonable request. There are so many things that blacks can do to help move the dial towards the neutral position. I'm not saying pull up your pants, speak the kings english and act like Carlton (though that would certainly help with the unfair stereo type-casting of employers) Im saying for families to know where their children are. To emphasize the importance of education, respecting authorities and any citizen who walks this earth. I absolutely fell in love with the mother in baltimore who saw her child on TV and went and grabbed her protesting, rock throwing kid by the ear and verbally lashed out at him for taking part. That child perhaps will have a productive fulfilling life because his mother cared enough and took the time. Please, I'm not saying all black families have no clue and our bad parents,,, please don't paint me in such a way. There are many white families who children run a muck with no guidance and who no doubt will find trouble sooner or later and spiral downward perhaps throughout their life.

Like in football building a team has to start on the front line (family). Cause without a strong line your prized quarterback (child) will no doubt get sacked and carted off the field of play sooner or later.

I guess my point is that signs like this don't reflect 90 percent of how whites feel, and when those 90 percent chant "lets make america great again" it's including every legal citizen; of all races, of the United States. I promise you it's not hoping to bring back slavery... as you believe.

I guess since our football season is over these conversation fill some voided time. It's all good.

Morning rep.

I will simply point out two things.

1. You assume Im Democrat because Im black. Kinda like people ASSUME that because Im black and have Tats, I must be or must have been a gang banger or criminal. Thes assumptions are sociall acceptable apparently. BUt you get bent out of shape when I point out that there ARE folks who would make America the 1950 again and scream "Thats not 90% of us"

2. Our leader at present is trying to make a country wide policy based on his feelings about less that 5% of the population.

Let that marinate for a bit. :D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning rep.

I will simply point out two things.

1. You assume Im Democrat because Im black. Kinda like people ASSUME that because Im black and have Tats, I must be or must have been a gang banger or criminal. Thes assumptions are sociall acceptable apparently. BUt you get bent out of shape when I point out that there ARE folks who would make America the 1950 again and scream "Thats not 90% of us"

2. Our leader at present is trying to make a country wide policy based on his feelings about less that 5% of the population.

Let that marinate for a bit. :D

What country wide policy based on 5%?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What country wide policy based on 5%?

Come on Dude, lets not play coy. we both know the WALL is all about the 5% of the population that are illegals from Mexico. But its a plan that will effect the entire country.

And thats my PC answer.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY!!! What about us white dudes who ride Harleys with lots of tatts, we all Hells Angels? :lebowski:

Don't mind me, I am just stirring the pot looking for a place to belong.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because that's all anyone hears anymore on and off TV. Remember,, nobody sees themselves as racist.. whites or blacks.

First off Sty.. I notice you rated that video funny.. Im not sure how the video would seem funny to anybody. It's not Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder doing it (now that would be funny) but rather two relatively unknowns venting out frustrations that everyone is afraid to say out loud... well at least on the white end. Because let's be honest.. whites are scrutinized far more than blacks on words and phrases used alone. (now I'm talking bout words and sentiments only.. so don't stand up and yell out WHAT!)

About the video. I can relate to the white dude, or the dude in the red cap as you referred to him as. Actually, why was that? Even the black guy was referred to by you as the guy in braids. Homey (Oh, am I aloud to use that term or is that viewed racist when whites use it?) Cause seriously, it's hard to know anymore. OK,, I'm being somewhat off-cuffed there my apologies.. but guys, it's ok to say black and white... cuz really,,,it's a video about a black and a white. So yes, I can relate to some of the things said in the video, not all, but some. I don't believe every black is lazy for one, as I'm sure you don't hate every white as the black dude referred, but most of what was said is a portrait as how we all feel deep down... and that's because of a cultural divide that aint nobody gonna change.

The video to me (or how I personally viewed it) is about two races and how they view each other, because of how they can't understand each other, because neither has walked on the road of life in the others shoe, and never will.

For instance: I personally can't understand why it's ok for blacks to use the N word. Can't blacks see it's an ugly word that needs to go away. How can whites forget about a word if they hear it everyday of their life. Thats how I see it and that's what the white dude was saying. Or also, I personally can't understand the bitterness still in the hearts of blacks about what happened more than 150 years ago and how they still hold whites hostage because of it. Any harbored bitterness should have died out along with any plantation and slave owner. How can whites move on from the past if blacks can't. I don't see the same hatred from Jews to modern day Germans.

This video simply shows the frustrations of what whites and blacks feel with the clear message at the end that we're all brothers who are walking through a life that aint not one of us understands on why,,, but we're here.. walking. Im not taking this video into the realms of political and social injustice I'm just viewing it on the helping to understand each other mode and mojo, is all I'm doing.

If that's all you hear on or off TV then might I suggest that you stop taking on such programing. I'm not saying that you're lying about that, but I do have some strong suspicions about that general statement especially considering that you invoked the term "all."

So on to what you've written....I rated it funny because it was mostly drivel, I further explained why it was that and justified those reasons. I agree that it was not ha, ha funny as might be found in classical comedy, but rather funny in the sense that it was stupid. (The funny emoji doesn't differentiate)

I'm not surprised that you're able to relate to the man wearing the red cap, I would not have been surprised if you also related to the man in braids either, just because someone has a right to say something, doesn't mean that they should. In that respect the video was supposed to be a representation of the issues surrounding racism, both missed the mark. Let me demonstrate....I know you as Reptec101, you know me as Sty, or Stymietee, neither of us would think to or deem it appropriate to address the other as white Reptec101 or Black/Indian Sty/Stymietee right? Isn't it possible that we lower the bar time and again when we refer to one another as anything other than what's appropriate in close social circles, with a title in more formal settings such as work, town halls etc., or as fellow Americans/citizens in group think. In my practice I have always referred to my patients as Mr. Ms. or Mrs. even in circumstances where there are issues that are more prevalent to a certain group, I refer to that group by their proper designation I:E people or persons of European, African or Asian or Native American descent. Privately, I self correct as demonstrated in my previous response.

Take another look at the video (Ta-Nehishi Coates) provided by @Krusheasy, I could not have said it better!

You actually wrote this: "The video to me (or how I personally viewed it) is about two races and how they view each other, because of how they can't understand each other, because neither has walked on the road of life in the others shoe, and never will."

How silly is it that you've reduced millions of people to that nonsense? News flash, there are more people of every group doing the right things in their own circles than what's being portrayed ad museum, daily in media. Why is that? Personally. I believe that you would see me as an anomaly because my home is paid for, I own two vehicles, I've been with, then married to, the same woman since college, raised our children, retired and amassed a portfolio that is worth, excluding properties, well over $800K. Well I'm not an anomaly, I see more people doing or attempting to do these same things that anything that's being portrayed in media, and I resent it. The game is being played and played on good folks like you. How do I know this? Well, because the majority of people who purchase this foolishness (especially rap, hip hop), don't look like me. That is a fact! Doesn't it say a lot about folks and what they reject in how and where they spend their dollars?

Seriously dude? at this point what you see on TV and in other media is nothing more than stereotypical hype and you have to ask why it persists? What purpose does it serve and more important who's purpose? Look, I'm from abject poverty, no one wants to be subjected or born into that, this is proven daily as people, like myself refuse to be defined by where they're from instead of who they are!!

You also wrote this: "This video simply shows the frustrations of what whites and blacks feel with the clear message at the end that we're all brothers who are walking through a life that aint not one of us understands on why,,, but we're here.. walking. Im not taking this video into the realms of political and social injustice I'm just viewing it on the helping to understand each other mode and mojo, is all I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you about the video and what it shows, I cannot believe that anyone who watched, or, better listened, to what was being portrayed did understand the clear contrast in perspectives. One recites time worn stereotypes, the other asking the question....Why? How did you miss this? In as much as the assertions that there is racism on "both" sides, I'll simply say, that's an impossible two way street!! Racism is a system, built and continued for one purpose. The ONLY way for so-called minorities (actual global majorities) to be racist are in support of that system against themselves. This, explains why I'll refuse whenever and wherever I can to NOT support a system that includes the designations, "white" and "Black."

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally disagree with your last statement . if you hate a person because of the color of ones skin that is racism . and believe me , in my travels around the world minorites hate and are racist and are hence part of the problem as well . i am not saying who started it because at this point who cares ? today more people are enslaved around the world then at any time in history . . the racial divide needs to be resolved by all sides or it wont get resolved at all . do you want whites to try to solve it without minority input ? wont work

the first thing to do in my opinion is to do away with present , ism . but alas we have forces who encourage this

That too is a problem today, taking things personally. Isn't it well within the logical mind to "hate" what's being delivered and NOT the person spouting it? Granted there are fools everywhere, but honestly why should any of us be counted among that number? I too have traveled the globe, and what I've seen is more akin to rejecting systematic messages than skin color! There are, no doubt, instances where skin color is the subject, So, let me ask, is it "hating" skin color when the standard of beauty in most places is based on European norms? Is it "hating" to reject such notions?

C'mon man, we're better than this! Slavery, indeed, has historical imputations, each with its own methodologies differing from the next, we're talking about the systemic reach that how allowed this shit to continue. It cannot be resolved without a gigantic number of serious people insisting that this system be dismantled.

Since this is a football forum, let's stick with that as I apply this example. Kneeling during the national anthem was and is designed to call attention to police invoking a quasi marshal law in certain communities. Rather than dealing with the issue, all manner of distraction ensued. We can argue the merits of when and where it was done as a continuation of what's already posted on the subject, because to do so here, is also a distraction away from the main point, namely racism.

That said, the NFL has offered to pay out millions of dollars towards addressing their players social justice concerns.

NFL agrees to commit nearly $100M over seven years to ...
www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21614673

How insulting!! This is what angers people, throwing money at issues do not a resolution make. These owners have power, they are men of wealth and influence. Want to know how to save millions of dollars as outlined here? Exert that influence!! Insist that wherever the NFL touches, laws and practices must change, officials and police must be counted residentially among those that they govern and patrol. All it takes is a phone call or a visit, ironically with those that each of them knows, likely on a first name basis.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder if the problem is definition and understanding what it means in both theory and application.

Racism | Definition of Racism by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

It is interesting to note that whenever I bring this into our conversation(s) the focus changes from this to another diversion. Honestly, if we solve, dismantle this (see below) then the country is well on it's way towards realizing that Jeffersonian "More perfect Union" On this site, it's most useful if we can, as a baseline agree on what it is we're talking about.

Systemic Racism -- Definition and Overview in Sociology
The World's Largest Education Resourcesystemic-racism-3026565

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing i can do as a man is teach my children to judge his fellow man by his or her character and not by his skin . i raised my kids that way and they will take it to the next generation and so on .

i am not black , i will never be black , and i have never walked in a black mans shoes . nor have i walked in any other minorities shoes .

my mom and dad grew up in an era was racism was an accepted practice . my dad was a stone cold racist until he went to WW2 and learned some much needed lessons . when he came back he changed the way his parents thought and my mother thought .

he took MLK's words to heart long before he publicly uttered them . my mom and dad fought for and with blacks for civil rights and they are still stone cold conservatives .

they did such a great job with me and my brothers and sisters that we all took another step

when i met my wife i didnt see a mexican , i saw a stone cold fox and a lovely person inside and out . this from a german man after a WW.

she didnt see a white man she saw the love of her life and that is what i am teaching my kids to strive for

What betrays us becomes apparent in the manner in which we use language. We casually throw our "white" and "black" as if neither has no meaning or roots. Well, they do have meaning and roots and they continue to exist for a purpose.

Ironically, your life's story indicates a willingness to be a part of the solution, is it possible to agree then insist that rote designations be done away with? I

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am defending the practice in as far as every country in history has enslaved people; yet, only America should be ashamed of the practice. Why are we the only country to shame people who had nothing to do with slavery for there having been slavery? Why aren’t these same outraged people outraged by the fact slavery exists stil today in other countries?

Very few slaveholders actually did what you claim; however, I would call it smart. Had I been a slaveowner, i definitely would have encouraged breeding of certain traits, wouldn’t you? I would have tried to keep my slaves happy and encouraged to keep up their productivity? Does that make me a bad person?

Absolutely!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don’t think things have worked out for you because of the history of people before you? Had there not been slavery, maybe you would be a member of Boko Haram and have slaves of your own while raping women after murdering their husbands. Maybe you would be a member of a militia in Africa that does those same things. Maybe you would have been one of the murdered. As a black man in the US, you have it better than black men and white men everywhere else in the world.

What direction do you see the representatives of this country wanting to lead us? I see them as wanting to make things “fair” for all Americans. They want equality among Americans. They have not pushed for or made a single policy suggestion wanting to put any sect of Americans over another sect of Americans that would require somebody to sacrifice something they actually earned.

This has got to be one of the most outlandish responses that I have read in a long time. So I'm going to be fair and instead of putting you on blast, give you a chance to re-read your own response. Maybe after reading what you've written you'll make some corrected clarifications on this foolishness!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Now let me ask this.

If American slavery never existed, but Africa as a result faced even worse conditions of famine and disease, virtually annihilating the genetic make up of Africa, would you still give it?

Enough, dude, really???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it isn’t.

Reasons I voted for Trump...

1- I am against abortion.

2- I am against treason.

3- I am against murder.

4- I am against ever increasing taxes.

5- I am against government run healthcare.

6- I am against government tyranny.

7- I am pro 2nd Amendment.

8- I am American’s first.

Yet you voted for someone who is for 5 of the 8 things that you've listed? Well, OK, BTW: Hillary was a horrible candidate too!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you give your life and your entire family tree to prevent Egypt from enslaving the Jews?

Would you give your life and your family tree to prevent the Muslim slave trade of whites in North Africa between the 16th and 18centuries? You know 200 years of slavery.

WOW!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where you fail to use common logic and reasoning. You relate this one racist billboard posted in Tennessee to every white person

Hmmmmm, isn't that exactly what you did with the video that you posted? Common logic??? Hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.