• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY!!! What about us white dudes who ride Harleys with lots of tatts, we all Hells Angels? :lebowski:

Don't mind me, I am just stirring the pot looking for a place to belong.

Or Warlocks, or Devils rejects. :suds:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Dude, lets not play coy. we both know the WALL is all about the 5% of the population that are illegals from Mexico. But its a plan that will effect the entire country.

And thats my PC answer.

The wall is about sovereign borders and controlling who enters.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has got to be one of the most outlandish responses that I have read in a long time. So I'm going to be fair and instead of putting you on blast, give you a chance to re-read your own response. Maybe after reading what you've written you'll make some corrected clarifications on this foolishness!

Blast away.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh boy this went to hell and a hand basket .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blast away.

OK, but just a reminder, this is what you wrote, it's also something that you've reiterated several time since this posting in other ways:

You wrote:
"So you don’t think things have worked out for you because of the history of people before you? Had there not been slavery, maybe you would be a member of Boko Haram and have slaves of your own while raping women after murdering their husbands. Maybe you would be a member of a militia in Africa that does those same things. Maybe you would have been one of the murdered. As a black man in the US, you have it better than black men and white men everywhere else in the world."

I've already told you that this shit was outlandish, now, let me tell you why!

Think of all the talent and brainpower that came and continues to come from African Americans since being bought here in chains. The contributions and manpower absolutely built this country...gratis. Yet, as you relate to these same people in an occurrence that eliminates that voyage, you see them as no more than possible [and I quote] "members of Boko Haram and have slaves of your own while raping women after murdering their husbands. Maybe you would be a member of a militia in Africa that does those same things. Maybe you would have been one of the murdered." right?

You should be totally ashamed of yourself and this insulting view of people!! How do you know that the same efforts that built this country would not have done the same in Africa had it not been for that intrusion? Slave traders didn't simply take bodies, they took resources who were healthy, strong, mentally tough, talented survivors, capable of building a nation. What the hell is wrong with you and your poor attitude towards people who you admitted made this country what it is? How do you know that continental Africa in whole or in part in 2017 would not be the envy of the world instead? The r*pe of continental Africa continues today for its resources, and is done so by some of the most sinister means ever devised by man.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but just a reminder, this is what you wrote, it's also something that you've reiterated several time since this posting in other ways:

You wrote:
"So you don’t think things have worked out for you because of the history of people before you? Had there not been slavery, maybe you would be a member of Boko Haram and have slaves of your own while raping women after murdering their husbands. Maybe you would be a member of a militia in Africa that does those same things. Maybe you would have been one of the murdered. As a black man in the US, you have it better than black men and white men everywhere else in the world."

I've already told you that this shit was outlandish, now, let me tell you why!

Think of all the talent and brainpower that came and continues to come from African Americans since being bought here in chains. The contributions and manpower absolutely built this country...gratis. Yet, as you relate to these same people in an occurrence that eliminates that voyage, you see them as no more than possible [and I quote] "members of Boko Haram and have slaves of your own while raping women after murdering their husbands. Maybe you would be a member of a militia in Africa that does those same things. Maybe you would have been one of the murdered." right?

You should be totally ashamed of yourself and this insulting view of people!! How do you know that the same efforts that built this country would not have done the same in Africa had it not been for that intrusion? Slave traders didn't simply take bodies, they took resources who were healthy, strong, mentally tough, talented survivors, capable of building a nation. What the hell is wrong with you and your poor attitude towards people who you admitted made this country what it is? How do you know that continental Africa in whole or in part in 2017 would not be the envy of the world instead? The r*pe of continental Africa continues today for its resources, and is done so by some of the most sinister means ever devised by man.

Did you miss the word “maybe,” because you missed the point?

I have never dismissed the contributions of blacks to American society. You like to pretend I do because I am not groveling at your feet. You also assume had blacks not done the work, the work would not have been done.

Would the blacks in American society today be the same if they never came here? Explain why blacks in Africa trail so far behind. Why does Boko Haram and other militant groups take such a prominent role? Why is the murder rate so high in Africa? Would you be the same had you never been an American?

Did I state unequivocally the crap you are saying I said? I suggest you go back and read it. Seriously Sty...you are ridiculous with the shit you try to promote. Let me sum up the conversation I was having with Shark before your panties got all wadded up. There is no telling what Africa may have been without slavery. I let the last two hundred years speak for themselves with regard to Africa. If you don’t think death, disease and famine would have been an option without slavery, then you are not realistic.

Shark had said he would give up his entire family tree to have done away with American slavery. I asked if he would have done that if the above were the results and he said yes. That let me know he thought American slavery was worse than genocide, which was fine. So then I asked if he would give up his family tree to prevent the Jews from being enslaved by the Egyptians or the slavery of the Christians in North Africa for two hundred years. He was honest and said no he wouldn’t because it didn’t affect his ancestors. This proved he wasn’t outraged by slavery...he was outraged that it happened to “his people.”

Peace out. Get beyond your personal feelings if you want to have an intelligent conversation about the root causes of things. You say you want to have a conversation that is uncomfortable...I am 100% honest but you refuse to accept words at their actual meanings. You are blinded by hate and honestly need to grow up.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the word “maybe,” because you missed the point?

I have never dismissed the contributions of blacks to American society. You like to pretend I do because I am not groveling at your feet. You also assume had blacks not done the work, the work would not have been done.

Would the blacks in American society today be the same if they never came here? Explain why blacks in Africa trail so far behind. Why does Boko Haram and other militant groups take such a prominent role? Why is the murder rate so high in Africa? Would you be the same had you never been an American?

Did I state unequivocally the crap you are saying I said? I suggest you go back and read it. Seriously Sty...you are ridiculous with the shit you try to promote. Let me sum up the conversation I was having with Shark before your panties got all wadded up. There is no telling what Africa may have been without slavery. I let the last two hundred years speak for themselves with regard to Africa. If you don’t think death, disease and famine would have been an option without slavery, then you are not realistic.

Shark had said he would give up his entire family tree to have done away with American slavery. I asked if he would have done that if the above were the results and he said yes. That let me know he thought American slavery was worse than genocide, which was fine. So then I asked if he would give up his family tree to prevent the Jews from being enslaved by the Egyptians or the slavery of the Christians in North Africa for two hundred years. He was honest and said no he wouldn’t because it didn’t affect his ancestors. This proved he wasn’t outraged by slavery...he was outraged that it happened to “his people.”

Peace out. Get beyond your personal feelings if you want to have an intelligent conversation about the root causes of things. You say you want to have a conversation that is uncomfortable...I am 100% honest but you refuse to accept words at their actual meanings. You are blinded by hate and honestly need to grow up.

Naw dude, I didn't miss the word maybe, you missed every other possibility other than negative ones. That was the point!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This proved he wasn’t outraged by slavery...he was outraged that it happened to “his people.”

IM only going to address this because it is you in a way passing judgement on me.

While I would not sacrifice my own genetic past present and future to end the enslavement of Jews, or whites, or even the hot Russian chick on the corner of 5th and Broadway. This does not mean Im not outraged by said named slavery. But Im sorry dude, there are levels to everything. So its kinda bull to call me out for having more compassion for my people, when you have vehemently defended this countries history mainly because at the end of the day it benefited your people.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wall is about sovereign borders and controlling who enters.

Again dude, that might work if not for the fact that the only thing they are really protecting against is people of color and Muslims. .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw dude, I didn't miss the word maybe, you missed every other possibility other than negative ones. That was the point!!

Didn’t miss them. Follow the conversation and understand. I wasn’t listing all possibilities. I wanted to know if he would want slavery for his ancestors or death for them.

No...that was what you wanted my point to be. You weren’t part of the conversation. You are incapable of having this conversation.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude, that might work if not for the fact that the only thing they are really protecting against is people of color and Muslims. .

Except Latinos are considered white.

It isn’t about people of color or Muslims. It is about where we are weakest and the continual gap that exists.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Latinos are considered white.

It isn’t about people of color or Muslims. It is about where we are weakest and the continual gap that exists.

Although Mexicans still make up the largest group of unauthorized immigrants, numbers from Mexico have been on the decline since the Great Recession began in late 2007.

The number of unauthorized immigrants from other countries has been on the rise since the end of the recession, hitting an estimated 5.7 million in 2016. Immigrants from Central America and Asia – largely from India and China — are two of the main drivers of that growth.

Mexicans No Longer Make Up Majority Of Immigrants In U.S. Illegally

And if LAtinos are REALLY considered White, why have a census question asking if one is a white Latino?? So yea they are white.... But.......

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM only going to address this because it is you in a way passing judgement on me.

While I would not sacrifice my own genetic past present and future to end the enslavement of Jews, or whites, or even the hot Russian chick on the corner of 5th and Broadway. This does not mean Im not outraged by said named slavery. But Im sorry dude, there are levels to everything. So its kinda bull to call me out for having more compassion for my people, when you have vehemently defended this countries history mainly because at the end of the day it benefited your people.

I wasn’t passing judgement. I wanted to know where you stood.

You don’t have the same zeal for the anti-slavery movement of non-blacks as you do for blacks. That isn’t judgement...that is seeing where you stand. While you may be anti-slavery, you wouldn’t mind it in your past if it worked to your advantage. See...I am different because I don’t mind it in my lineage either way because it is the past. As far as I know, my family never owned slaves. Did yours?

What levels are you referring because earlier you said slavery is slavery?

I mean, this country had slavery for 60 years. It only took 60 years for this country to realize it is wrong. It took North Africa over 200 years. Guess what they have in common to stop slavery though...WAR.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Mexicans still make up the largest group of unauthorized immigrants, numbers from Mexico have been on the decline since the Great Recession began in late 2007.

The number of unauthorized immigrants from other countries has been on the rise since the end of the recession, hitting an estimated 5.7 million in 2016. Immigrants from Central America and Asia – largely from India and China — are two of the main drivers of that growth.

Mexicans No Longer Make Up Majority Of Immigrants In U.S. Illegally

And if LAtinos are REALLY considered White, why have a census question asking if one is a white Latino?? So yea they are white.... But.......

Why was George Zimmerman a white guy?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t passing judgement. I wanted to know where you stood.

You don’t have the same zeal for the anti-slavery movement of non-blacks as you do for blacks. That isn’t judgement...that is seeing where you stand. While you may be anti-slavery, you wouldn’t mind it in your past if it worked to your advantage. See...I am different because I don’t mind it in my lineage either way because it is the past. As far as I know, my family never owned slaves. Did yours?

What levels are you referring because earlier you said slavery is slavery?

I mean, this country had slavery for 60 years. It only took 60 years for this country to realize it is wrong. It took North Africa over 200 years. Guess what they have in common to stop slavery though...WAR.

The first African Slave was brought to the US in 1619 in Jamestown VA.

Slavery was outlawed in the US in 1863.

1863-1619= 244 years dude. So this country had slavery for a tad more than 60 years. And as i have said to you quite a few times, Slavery was just the beginning. There was segregation, Jim Crow, James Crow, stop and Frisk.. all off shoots of a mindset that began with Slavery.

As for your other question, Im pretty sure some of my ancestors did own slaves as I come from a mixed background.

Also you dont seem to have the same zeal for stopping illegal Migrants from China, and Russia as you do from Mexico.. so does that some how tell me where you stand??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was George Zimmerman a white guy?

Maybe because he identified himself as white, right until it was more beneficial for him to be latino??

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In many way I agree with Sty.

As far as the kneeling it is an NFL buyout that pisses me off. I am not against the protest I am against the vehicle.

Lastly I cannot believe I am arguing this on a football forum. :trash:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In many way I agree with Sty.

As far as the kneeling it is an NFL buyout that pisses me off. I am not against the protest I am against the vehicle.

Lastly I cannot believe I am arguing this on a football forum. :trash:

LOL.. I will say again. The fact that you are even commenting suggests you value, respect or in some way wonder about the particular opinions of those in this debate even if you disagree. This is NOT a topic any of us would discuss with some guy we met at Starbucks in between yoga classes. :ninja:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I am only commenting because of my respect for you and Sty. I have given you enough history for you to know where I stand.

I can tell you I grew up in a redneck neighborhood where you could bring on all the racial slurs you could use and I probably did. I kidded about biker before but I have some experience in the old days. But life has changed me for the better. My current job has changed me for the better and getting old and valuing religion has value you me even more..

Status
Not open for further replies.