• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I am only commenting because of my respect for you and Sty. I have given you enough history for you to know where I stand.

I can tell you I grew up in a redneck neighborhood where you could bring on all the racial slurs you could use and I probably did. I kidded about biker before but I have some experience in the old days. But life has changed me for the better. My current job has changed me for the better and getting old and valuing religion has value you me even more..

Stories like yours give me hope for this country moving forward. Same for Sty actually. And Im actually hoping that in three years when it comes time to pick another leader, both sides of the isle realize too far left or too far right doesnt help any of us.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first African Slave was brought to the US in 1619 in Jamestown VA.

Slavery was outlawed in the US in 1863.

1863-1619= 244 years dude. So this country had slavery for a tad more than 60 years. And as i have said to you quite a few times, Slavery was just the beginning. There was segregation, Jim Crow, James Crow, stop and Frisk.. all off shoots of a mindset that began with Slavery.

As for your other question, Im pretty sure some of my ancestors did own slaves as I come from a mixed background.

Also you dont seem to have the same zeal for stopping illegal Migrants from China, and Russia as you do from Mexico.. so does that some how tell me where you stand??

The US didn’t exist until 1776. The Constitution wasn’t signed until 1787. From 1619 until1776 we were British. Direct your anger towards them. The exact time period was 87 years.

Segregation, Jim Crow, and James Crow were all part of the change and growth. Stop and Frisk can be used on all races and I disagree with the policy as a whole; however, it was declared legal if the cop felt the person was dangerous.

Actually I do. Where will the wall go in the ocean? Oh...a wall doesn’t work on them. Got it. Not the same thing and you know it. I have already told you my solution for illegal immigration and it is color blind. Punish the business that hires people illegally in this country.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The US didn’t exist until 1776. The Constitution wasn’t signed until 1787. From 1619 until1776 we were British. Direct your anger towards them. The exact time period was 87 years.

Segregation, Jim Crow, and James Crow were all part of the change and growth. Stop and Frisk can be used on all races and I disagree with the policy as a whole; however, it was declared legal if the cop felt the person was dangerous.

Actually I do. Where will the wall go in the ocean? Oh...a wall doesn’t work on them. Got it. Not the same thing and you know it. I have already told you my solution for illegal immigration and it is color blind. Punish the business that hires people illegally in this country.

Segregation, Jim Crow, and James Crow were all attempts to not change, but to maintain a status quo and a racial pecking order, as is the wall.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Segregation, Jim Crow, and James Crow were all attempts to not change, but to maintain a status quo and a racial pecking order, as is the wall.

It was all part of this countries growth. It was all a part of the change. It isn’t about a racial pecking order...it may be about a cultural one. Sorry but I do believe the American culture exceeds the African culture and the Mexican culture and the Russian culture and most definitely the culture of the Middle East.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was all part of this countries growth. It was all a part of the change. It isn’t about a racial pecking order...it may be about a cultural one. Sorry but I do believe the American culture exceeds the African culture and the Mexican culture and the Russian culture and most definitely the culture of the Middle East.

And the fact that culture is usually directly linked to race is just a coincidence? Mind you that you have made the statement quite a few times that the problems in the black community are cultural. So basically, if we adopt the "American" culture, all would be fine and well??

And again.. those were attempts to direct this countries growth, and were based on racial lines and had dick all to do with culture.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fact that culture is usually directly linked to race is just a coincidence? Mind you that you have made the statement quite a few times that the problems in the black community are cultural. So basically, if we adopt the "American" culture, all would be fine and well??

Culture has more to do with how a person acts and thinks. I don’t care what color you if your actions are good. My anger is equal when a white person commits a murder as when a black person commits a murder. My answer is death penalty. When a black person does something good, I am equally greatful as when a white person does something good...I actually may be a little more greatful when a black person does because I believe that is how we get beyond the racial issues of this country. We prove stereotypes wrong.

Best ways to fix the “black community.”

1- Having children in wedlock and remaining married.
2- Teach children to respect others and authority.
3- Emphasize education and be involved in your child’s life.
4- Stay out of prison and obey the law.
5- Stop idolizing rappers and athletes.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to "fix" African American communities = Destroy systematic Racism (which)

1. Created a pre-school to prison pipeline and housing disparities.

2. A war on African American males to include skewed prison sentences for recreational drug use unlike their social counterparts.

3. Retrain and arrest police officers who break new law and regulations coming from that training. BTW make the police to prison pipeline not for profit.

4. Eliminate gentrification and disparities in housing and investment activities (more on this later)

5.Begin the process that takes the use of certain "code" words out circulation, especially in media.

6. Stop being the support mechanism that keeps rap and certain forms of rock music profitable.

That's the system and their supporters.....now us.

1.Create and maintain fianancial institutions that invest in building and supporting our communities.

2. End the religious r*pe of the community by insisting that heads of these religious institutions bank at the above fianancial institutions.

3. Create a grow to table pipeline.

4. Run and occupy elected offices at every level then stay fully engaged in the political process as it pertains to pro-anything at home.

5. Compete, compete, compete in every facet of life to include, (in order to close the 200+ year gap between wealth elsewhere and in our communities)
A. Sending future Michael Jordans, Lebron James, Julio Jones etc to HBCU's
B. Creating businesses and increasing investments in the market.
C. Supporting public and private education that supports you. This requires investment in terms of time and capital.
D. Stop marching and start doing in bigger numbers.

Those are my starting points, there are other things that must be done to overturn the ravages of racism. The clock has run out on asking to join a system designed an maintained for our own destruction. Every other group does this why shouldn't we?

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to "fix" African American communities = Destroy systematic Racism (which)

1. Created a pre-school to prison pipeline and housing disparities.

2. A war on African American males to include skewed prison sentences for recreational drug use unlike their social counterparts.

3. Retrain and arrest police officers who break new law and regulations coming from that training. BTW make the police to prison pipeline not for profit.

4. Eliminate gentrification and disparities in housing and investment activities (more on this later)

5.Begin the process that takes the use of certain "code" words out circulation, especially in media.

6. Stop being the support mechanism that keeps rap and certain forms of rock music profitable.

That's the system and their supporters.....now us.

1.Create and maintain fianancial institutions that invest in building and supporting our communities.

2. End the religious r*pe of the community by insisting that heads of these religious institutions bank at the above fianancial institutions.

3. Create a grow to table pipeline.

4. Run and occupy elected offices at every level then stay fully engaged in the political process as it pertains to pro-anything at home.

5. Compete, compete, compete in every facet of life to include, (in order to close the 200+ year gap between wealth elsewhere and in our communities)
A. Sending future Michael Jordans, Lebron James, Julio Jones etc to HBCU's
B. Creating businesses and increasing investments in the market.
C. Supporting public and private education that supports you. This requires investment in terms of time and capital.
D. Stop marching and start doing in bigger numbers.

Those are my starting points, there are other things that must be done to overturn the ravages of racism. The clock has run out on asking to join a system designed an maintained for our own destruction. Every other group does this why shouldn't we?

1- A person’s actions land them in prison. Housing disparities? Come on. Nobody is forcing a black person to live somewhere or in a specific house. If you don’t like your house...move. Or should a black person have to pay half the price of a white person to live somewhere?

2- Drugs are illegal. Nobody is forcing black people to use, hold specific amounts considered distributuion, or sell drugs.

3- They already retrain and arrest police officers for violating regulation or law.

4- Is bullshit.

5- Made up bullshit. Code words? Come on.

6- Hold on. The government is responsible for keeping rap profitable?

How about take personal accountability for your actions? It is simple.

1- A financial institution does not have any responsibility to the individual.

2- Nobody forces any religious organization to bank at a specific place.

3- ?

4- Sure.

5- Absolutely.

So the system was designed to destroy you? WTF ever.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the system was designed to destroy you? WTF ever.

The system was designed to favor one group over all others. The system is administered to maintain those advantages as much as possible. Sure we FINALLY had a black President. But again lets not kid ourselves, if Obama had been even HALF as questionable as Trump in his business dealings, treatment of women or just in general, he would have never made the ticket much less been elected President.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The system was designed to favor one group over all others. The system is administered to maintain those advantages as much as possible. Sure we FINALLY had a black President. But again lets not kid ourselves, if Obama had been even HALF as questionable as Trump in his business dealings, treatment of women or just in general, he would have never made the ticket much less been elected President.

The system was designed to allow people to be free. The system didn’t recognize all men as equal at first. They system was corrected. The system itself now sees people as equals.

I agree. There was nothing questionable about Obama’s past...except everything. Can you imagine if we had really investigated Obama like Trump has been investigated?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The system was designed to allow people to be free. The system didn’t recognize all men as equal at first. They system was corrected. The system itself now sees people as equals.

I agree. There was nothing questionable about Obama’s past...except everything. Can you imagine if we had really investigated Obama like Trump has been investigated?

The system STILL does not recognize all men as equal. If it did, the system wouldnt bother to track things like race or religious affiliation much less political party.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your fix is?

Real easy. Take race off of ALL applications. Take RACE out of the census. The only viable reason for the government to track how many CITIZENS are of a particular race is to be able to estimate racial densities. More so, since you are such a believer that the law is color blind, examine those laws and verify that they are in fact as color blind as you believe not only in word, but in implementation.

Now I realize thats a tall order. But barring the evolutional shift that has already started, its the next best thing.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real easy. Take race off of ALL applications. Take RACE out of the census. The only viable reason for the government to track how many CITIZENS are of a particular race is to be able to estimate racial densities. More so, since you are such a believer that the law is color blind, examine those laws and verify that they are in fact as color blind as you believe not only in word, but in implementation.

Now I realize thats a tall order. But barring the evolutional shift that has already started, its the next best thing.

I am all for that.

Now, the only other reason I can come up with on the census is figuring out silly ways to “unwhiten” the US with things such as the immigration lottery system that was designed to increase diversity for no other reason than to say we are diverse.

The only reason I can see it on an application for employment is for governmental programs designed to motivate employers to hire minorities.

As for implementation, it is impossible to account for variables such as humanity which by nature is biased. Like I have said many times though, I am all for standardized punishment to get rid of that complaint.

I do like the fact that you have actual suggestions based on reasonable thought though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for that.

Now, the only other reason I can come up with on the census is figuring out silly ways to “unwhiten” the US with things such as the immigration lottery system that was designed to increase diversity for no other reason than to say we are diverse.

The only reason I can see it on an application for employment is for governmental programs designed to motivate employers to hire minorities.

As for implementation, it is impossible to account for variables such as humanity which by nature is biased. Like I have said many times though, I am all for standardized punishment to get rid of that complaint.

I do like the fact that you have actual suggestions based on reasonable thought though.

Awesome. But I would be remiss if i did not ask.... is there really a problem with the idea of unwhitening America at this point in time??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to address what i think are some misconceptions here

first no race "perfected " slavery. in any society that had slavery the slaves were subjected to the same humiliations as the american slave . families were torn apart , they worked till exhaustion , they were sex toys , and at the mercy of their owners . they had no rights , were beaten , maimed killed , starved and the list goes on from japan to korea , to china to europe, to the america's to africa , to the middle east and so one . PICK a place and its history and you will find the atrocities

"make america great again " doesnt mean going back to the damn 50"s and all the 50's brought with them . very few people would want that AT ALL and the ones that do are EXTREMIST and not main stream

code words , what the hell are they ? mainstream whites dont have them , EXTREMIST do

200,000 KNOWN white supremacist, nazi's or any other hate group DO NOT CONSTITUTE a voting block as they are spread out all over america and have ZERO political power AT ALL . THEY DID NOT PUT TRUMP IN OFFICE . David Duke saying he supports Trump is akin to racist Loius Farakhan supporting Obama and Obama didnt pander to him or elect him

Building a wall isnt a slam at latinos . its controlling our border from illegal crossings , drugs and other things

why a latino would support illegal immigration is beyond me ? why the hell would you want your people to be cheap indentured servants to anyone ? why would you want them brought to this country and not be able to stand up for their rights why cant these "best and brightest " help fix their own countries ? lets be real most are uneducated , low skill desperate people . aslyum seekers i am not talking about if they are legit

And why should americans support it ? its there Identities that get stolen and their wages that are driven down, we cant take care of our own and now we have to

corporations should be punished for hiring and abusing illegals and our country should enforce , fund or change laws to make our immigration system work.

you put the wall up and i can certainly talk about amnesty but secure my border first

just as america isnt the damn policeman of the world it isnt the worlds govt housing project either . every country in the world has immigration laws and they enforce them so why cant we ? IF i were to go south , cross into latin america and break their immigration laws i end up in jail .

i think both GK and STY have some really good ideas on how to fix things and i bet if merged could bring about positive change

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. But I would be remiss if i did not ask.... is there really a problem with the idea of unwhitening America at this point in time??

If America is “unwhitened” I am fine with that. Let it happen naturally. Don’t go out of the way to diversify for the sake of diversity. It serves no real purpose other than to weaken a group of Americans because you want to get even for perceived wrongs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If America is “unwhitened” I am fine with that. Let it happen naturally. Don’t go out of the way to diversify for the sake of diversity. It serves no real purpose other than to weaken a group of Americans because you want to get even for perceived wrongs.

Again I would say awesome. But by the same token, while we shouldnt be forcing the diversity of this country. We also shouldnt be trying to hinder it either.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is ever a pure breed law passed, I got your back.

I hope that some day my Childrens Children can have as much faith and trust in the law, as your forefathers were able to give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.