• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOPE!! I said it right after the draft, think about it for a moment, you were against moving up in the draft to get him and I stated at the time that he should be benched in order to properly transition into the NFL game. I'll try to find one of those threads.

Well Sty.. IM going to say this.

If they are going to either let Kirk walk, or deal his rights and draft a rookie.

Said rookie should be able to start from day one, pass for 4500 yards and 35 TDs, and CARRY this team to a 10 win or better season. I dont want to here excuses on how the defense sucked, or we had no running game.

Because these are the reasons many have stated we need to walk away from Cousins. So the whole he should sit and start McCoy simply doesnt fly in my book. We are making this move because they thought they could find a better QB. Well the rookie better be just that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sty.. IM going to say this.

If they are going to either let Kirk walk, or deal his rights and draft a rookie.

Said rookie should be able to start from day one, pass for 4500 yards and 35 TDs, and CARRY this team to a 10 win or better season. I dont want to here excuses on how the defense sucked, or we had no running game.

Because these are the reasons many have stated we need to walk away from Cousins. So the whole he should sit and start McCoy simply doesnt fly in my book. We are making this move because they thought they could find a better QB. Well the rookie better be just that.

Well Shark....I'm going to be flummoxed if said rookie, even if we get two first round picks from Cleveland for Kirk, then draft the Rook #1 or #4 overall, is not riding the pine in order to be transitioned into the NFL game. We would necessarily, have to get a veteran in here to work as the rookie learns. BTW: NOT McCoy!!!

Now before you ask, I'm not sure how long that guy should sit because every player learns and masters things at their own pace and abilities, but sit he must!! The old tired, sink or swim method is a last century thing, it's time that the NFL recognize that either it changes or they will have to be patient enough to sit these QB's in order to properly transition them. Sink or swim means sink for most and there are just not enough pro style offenses in schools these days.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Griffin would have succeeded if he sat the first year. He has had six (make that 5 years since he is out of the league) to learn and that never went to far. Just my opinion but Robert was always his own worst enemy. There is an old saying, don't let you alligator mouth hurt your hummingbird ass.

For reference ... Patrick Ramsey lasted 7 years. Does anyone think we will see him in the league again? I don't.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we're losing focus here. Please get back to talking bout white privilege in america, black suppression and slavery, unfair immigration laws and equality, kneeling v non-kneeling and what it all represents.

Some honorable mentions:
.Removing history
.Hillarys emails
.Trumps russian ties
.Fake news
.Agressive cops
.un-compliant blacks

C'mon guys,,, don't lose me now with talk of football.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can sit a QB such as RG3all you want, it won’t matter. His issue was always attitude.

Maybe, but it certainly didn't help to temper that attitude by inserting him immediately into the starting job and making him a Snyder favorite. I don't know how old you are and if you were around when Joe Theesman (yeah I know) came into the league, but he was a lot worse than Griffin from an poor attitude perspective.

Of course Theesman (I said, yeah I know) sat for a spell and there was a veteran team that help to tightened his ass up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always hated that Snyder gets goo-goo eyes over some players.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but it certainly didn't help to temper that attitude by inserting him immediately into the starting job and making him a Snyder favorite. I don't know how old you are and if you were around when Joe Theesman (yeah I know) came into the league, but he was a lot worse than Griffin from an poor attitude perspective.

Of course Theesman (I said, yeah I know) sat for a spell and there was a veteran team that help to tightened his ass up.

Joe T wasnt a first round pick that we traded the farm and some one left nut for (thank you Lance Armstrong for your contribution to the cause). :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe T wasnt a first round pick that we traded the farm and some one left nut for (thank you Lance Armstrong for your contribution to the cause). :suds:

He was however, the heir apparent. Beyond that, how is it relevant where he was drafted compared to the other guy, when the topic is, overblown egos?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever remember Joey T having an attitude problem. Like Robert he never saw a microphone he didn't like. He was behind Kilmer and had limited starts under Allen. He did return punts because he wanted to do anything he could to help the team. When Jack Pardee replaced Allen is when Joe became the starter.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever remember Joey T having an attitude problem. Like Robert he never saw a microphone he didn't like. He was behind Kilmer and had limited starts under Allen. He did return punts because he wanted to do anything he could to help the team. When Jack Pardee replaced Allen is when Joe became the starter.

Heh, neither do I, he did have an overblown ego that had to be checked, just like Griffin. Nobody checked Griffin, the team, especially that group who hoisted a few in their little 5 O'clock clubhouse, checked Theesman. mostly by ignoring him.

Here are a couple of articles which he describes himself as such. (I've pulled a couple of relevant parts in which he affirms my point.)

A MOUTH THAT ROARS - SI.com
https://www.si.com/vault/1980/10/06/825011/a-mouth-that-roars...

An excerpt from this: (see if it sounds familiar)

"A lot of my problems were self-inflicted," says Theismann. "Remember, I came into this city a very heralded young man. The media all said, 'Hey, here comes the new kid, the savior.' Trouble was, I started believing it. I got caught up in me. At practice I'd throw the ball 15 feet over a guy's head and then yell at him for not catching it. And when he'd say it was too high, I'd say, 'Well, jump!'

"It didn't help, either, that when I arrived they reprinted my book called Quarterbacking. I also opened a restaurant, Joe Theismann's. I mean, I was doing personal appearances, doing commercials, and I hadn't even played a game yet! Needless to say, I wasn't exactly met with open arms. It was like I came in with two strikes against me and was facing Nolan Ryan at dusk."

Joe Theismann Sounds Off | Washingtonian
https://www.washingtonian.com/2007/12/01/joe-theismann-sounds-off

An excerpt from this:

Washingtonians take their Redskins quarterbacks to heart. Sonny Jurgensen? People love the quarterback turned local broadcaster. Joe Theismann splits the town: Some love him, some don’t. Mention his name, and people are quick to say “too cocky.”

“And I talk too much,” Theismann says. “I was egotistical and self-centered in my early years. I’m not proud of that. After people actually meet me, they’ll say, ‘You’re really not the prick I heard you were.’ ”

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I remember Joe loved to talk. I liked him though. He played pretty well and I think was the 2nd best QB that I have seen in Washington. I liked Dexter a lot too and he loved to talk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all my friends, a belated Xmas gift to get us through the off season of 2018.

Use it as often as needed to get you over the coming season of the Bruce and winning off the field.

Just remember.. when Bruce and Dan speak... press the button. :D

fuck_it_button_round_car_magnet.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns seem to be attempting to right the ship. I remember that our front office wanted to get Highsmith here and it didn't pan out. Interesting that Cleveland got him and also Wolf. Dorsey their GM is truly putting together a hardcore team of true football men......Dammit!!

(Is my envy showing?)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns seem to be attempting to right the ship. I remember that our front office wanted to get Highsmith here and it didn't pan out. Interesting that Cleveland got him and also Wolf. Dorsey their GM is truly putting together a hardcore team of true football men......Dammit!!

(Is my envy showing?)
see sty we are turning into the browns and after KC signs there our failure will be complete (in my best darth vader voice ) :D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... or was Highsmith a bad call?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Joe Gibbs came back so that he and Parcells were in the same division and the Giants brought in Tom Coughlin the same year Gibbs returned ..... who had Coughlin winning two SBs and going to the FO in Jacksonville and turning the program around?? Not me. The man is underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.