• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when it's consistently pointed out that the protest isn't against the US as a whole or veterans at all. And that many veterans support the protest...

If the protest is perceived as such, that is what it is. If you are going to protest, it is your job to ensure your message is understood, not just heard.

Sadly, out of all I have written, all you could come up with was that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you catch any criminal without a description?

Victim- I would like to report theft and assault within a convenience store.

Cops- Can we get a description?

Victim- He is a black man.

Cops- We can’t use those features because they are actually descriptive and we could get in trouble.

Entirely too often the description is non-white and it is accurate.

Good point. And I don't disagree when a crime has been committed.

But the point you are missing, which Kaep was trying to make and you ignore is when some one of non white heritage is stopped and the narrative is to often

Well he is black/Hispanic/Muslim.... so he MUST have done something wrong.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the protest is perceived as such, that is what it is. If you are going to protest, it is your job to ensure your message is understood, not just heard.

Sadly, out of all I have written, all you could come up with was that.

It's not that I can't come up with anything it's just that I get tired going back and forth with you non-stop when I know everything you're gonna say before you say it anyways. :noidea:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you posted an actual article. You aren’t sounding entitled.

Switzerland- 85% European, less than 5% African (no statistics on blacks)
Canada- 77% European, 14% Asian, 3% black
Germany-92% German, 3% black
UK- 87% white, 7% Asian, 3% black
Japan-98% Japanese...couldn’t even find information about black people in Japan
Sweden- 92% white...approximately 1% black
Australia- hard to break down but mostly Australian and European...1.6% black

So in your article, did it say how the rankings were determined? Please note the homogenous nature of those ranked ahead of the US. Feel free to say what you will.

Since it seems you are intent to use a made up construct as the basis of your POV, know this. I don't choose to wallow in such a filthy place, nor, allow it to be used as some sort of justification towards inhumane conclusions that further supports the original made up construct.

Since you appear unwilling to read how that ranking was determined, maybe this will help. Please note the absence of the made up construct....race, racism and the inherent (also made up) differences.

Countries With the Best Quality of Life | US News Best ...
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it seems you are intent to use a made up construct as the basis of your POV, know this. I don't choose to wallow in such a filthy place, nor, allow it to be used as some sort of justification towards inhumane conclusions that further supports the original made up construct.

Since you appear unwilling to read how that ranking was determined, maybe this will help. Please note the absence of the made up construct....race, racism and the inherent (also made up) differences.

Countries With the Best Quality of Life | US News Best ...
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

I didn’t use a made up construct. I asked you how they made their determination. This article actually says what they use to base it. Great.

I would argue that freedom is not having the government pay for your healthcare and that freedom should be extremely high up on the weighting. As for the constructs used in this ranking, those constructs are completely subjective and in no way determines anything meaningful.

I used population makeup to emphasize the commonality of those top ranked countries. A large commonality of those countries was their homogenous makeup. You will likely point out their white and I am being racist, which I am not. I would say it is mostly coincidental that those top countries are almost all white and would point at natural resource usage as a reasoning.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t use a made up construct. I asked you how they made their determination. This article actually says what they use to base it. Great.

I would argue that freedom is not having the government pay for your healthcare and that freedom should be extremely high up on the weighting. As for the constructs used in this ranking, those constructs are completely subjective and in no way determines anything meaningful.

I used population makeup to emphasize the commonality of those top ranked countries. A large commonality of those countries was their homogenous makeup. You will likely point out their white and I am being racist, which I am not. I would say it is mostly coincidental that those top countries are almost all white and would point at natural resource usage as a reasoning.

Clearly, you don't understand that whenever there is use of this;

The basis upon which that is used is a made up construct. It is good to know that, natives to the land in which they are either born into or adopted as their own aren't really natives if they have more melanin than others. Thanks for the info, I'll certainly update my BS files!!

Now before I respond to the rest of what you've written, I do have a few questions.

1. Do you support a taxation system?

2. Do you differentiate between individual freedoms and those of a group?

3. What is "White?"

4. What is "Black?"

5. What is human?

6. What differentiates #3 from #4

7. What differentiates both #3 and #4 from #5?

8. Consider question #2, then, answer with individual freedom as a backdrop, what are the main reasons limiting freedom of movement of an individual from job to job.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what exactly? Just because it's repeated Ad nauseam (without proof mind you) doesn't make it so. There are rankings about this, and, in my best dating game announcer voice...Heeeere they are:

Best Countries - Rankings, News, Country Profiles | US ...
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries

Now ask me if I've visited and/or lived in other countries!

Only thing I have to say, is why argue rather the US is the best country or not? You’re not forced to live here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I have to say, is why argue rather the US is the best country or not? You’re not forced to live here.

One.. the concept that its the best Country is subjective.

Two... if you happen to live in the worst house on the best block in the city, you don't move.. you strive to improve your house and hope the HOA Nazi isn't a controlling little prick determined to maintain HIS status as having the best house on the block by trying to hamper your efforts to improve your lot.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The basis upon which that is used is a made up construct. It is good to know that, natives to the land in which they are either born into or adopted as their own aren't really natives if they have more melanin than others. Thanks for the info, I'll certainly update my BS files!!

Now before I respond to the rest of what you've written, I do have a few questions.

3. What is "White?"

4. What is "Black?"

5. What is human?

8. Consider question #2, then, answer with individual freedom as a backdrop, what are the main reasons limiting freedom of movement of an individual from job to job.

Nope...I wasn’t posting it for a construct. I was posting it to show a black man, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

1- To a very minor extent.
2- Very much so but you would not like my idea of freedom.
3- Skin tone
4- Skin tone
5- homo sapien
6- pigmentation
7- All whites are human. All blacks are human. Not all humans are white or black.
8- who believes in limiting movement of an individual from job to job freedom?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bet my ancestry here is more deeply rooted than yours!

Further, I'm not arguing that point, because it's a given. I'm just making sure that it's not become something that is said vs what fact. Now if there's anyone who should leave, it's those who through their own ignorance, continue to insist upon dividing, and/or maintaining a status quo built upon a false premise.

Beyond that, please get to know the history of this country. It's become what it is because of infighting, disagreement, strife, and even war with itself. This whole notion of "if you don't like it, leave!" is contrary to everything that exemplifies this country's beginning, growth and current status. If you don't know that basic thing about this country, news flash, you're part of the problem!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...I wasn’t posting it for a construct. I was posting it to show a black man, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

1- To a very minor extent.
2- Very much so but you would not like my idea of freedom.
3- Skin tone
4- Skin tone
5- homo sapien
6- pigmentation
7- All whites are human. All blacks are human. Not all humans are white or black.
8- who believes in limiting movement of an individual from job to job freedom?

1. You do know that this country would not be this country were it not for taxes (for and against) don't you?
2. Try me, we just might agree.
3. So no real differences
4. So no real differences
5. Not exactly, Homo Sapiens are the one surviving species, good try though. Human beings are classified by characteristics differing from animals and other living things.
6. So no real differences, nice, you're learning!
7. Really?? Venn diagrams?? and you still insist upon using the made up "black" and "white" huh?
8. WTF??? Do you not have a right to (and this is important) FREELY move from job to job if you so choose? What stops or limits most people from doing so when they actually wish to do so?

Anyone who still believes in getting healthcare through an employer. That and other benefits are the number one reason why people choose to stay at a particular job, but especially healthcare. Every industrialized country on earth, provides for healthcare through their tax system except one. Want to guess which one and why?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You do know that this country would not be this country were it not for taxes (for and against) don't you?
2. Try me, we just might agree.
3. So no real differences
4. So no real differences
5. Not exactly, Homo Sapiens are the one surviving species, good try though. Human beings are classified by characteristics differing from animals and other living things.
6. So no real differences, nice, you're learning!
7. Really?? Venn diagrams?? and you still insist upon using the made up "black" and "white" huh?
8. WTF??? Do you not have a right to (and this is important) FREELY move from job to job if you so choose? What stops or limits most people from doing so when they actually wish to do so?

Anyone who still believes in getting healthcare through an employer. That and other benefits are the number one reason why people choose to stay at a particular job, but especially healthcare. Every industrialized country on earth, provides for healthcare through their tax system except one. Want to guess which one and why?

1- There are aspects which are needed but I believe the country would be better off taxing at the lower levels of government while the federal should stick to its constitutional duty of national defense and foreign affairs.
2- I am for individual freedom. If some idiot wants to hate me because I am white, let him. If some idiot doesn’t want to hire me because I am white, let him not hire me. If some idiot doesn’t want to seek to me because I am white, I will go to the store next door. If I smoke and get cancer, I should pay for it. My rights only go as far until I infringe on yours. I owe you nothing and you owe me nothing.
3- never said there was
4- never said there was
5- actually...a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance. That is the definition. Notice the emphasis on homo sapien and the omission of species such as homo erectus?
6- Nope. I have learned. Not once have you seen me make claims otherwise.
7- Yes. It is more accurate than calling you an African American. Every person on Earth’s ancestry comes from Africa. Calling a black man is far more descriptive than saying, just a man.
8- Before you start screaming like a bitch, read what I wrote. I asked who believes limiting a person’s movement to be freedom.

So we don’t agree on freedom. If I pay for your healthcare, then I should be allowed to control what goes into your body. Taxes are an investment. If I invest in something, I have a say in what that entity does or I put my money elsewhere. Why would I invest 10 million dollars for a cancer treatment so a guy can live 3more weeks while being in the hospital? That is a dead end investment but if you want to supply national healthcare, then that investment is made. Wait, you don’t think the government should pay for that healthcare? Well, where should it stop?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. What is "White?"

4. What is "Black?"

5. What is human?

OOOOh can I play the 8 question game.... looks fun.

1- I do not support a taxation system. Wasn't a war started on the basis of "No taxation without representation." I agree with Gkekoa that I should not have to pay taxes for the school system being that I don't have a child, or any family members involved in the school system at all. This is just one example. Taxation is just a way for the government to extort money from legally. Property tax is a crime in itself by the government. Why should I have to (continually) pay money to the government to a property and the home that sits on it if both are already paid in full... but thats a subject of a different manner since those who are required to pay actually own homes. I guess with a taxation system those kids who rent an apt or other living space will have to pay taxes on the ground the building sits on. Seems fair.

2- I guess I'm not understanding this question. However, if you're talking about simple freedom then we are all free in this country, and I can only speak in behalf of this country. Even those who are in prisons are free men in the grand aspect of things in this great united states. Allowed to socialize... allowed to send and collect mail... allowed to roam in a yard and allowed to partake in activities... However, If you're talking about various freedoms then just because you're with a large group (say protesting taxation) does not give you a right to loiter or vandalize.

3- White is a color associated to wealth and privilege in the eyes of non-whites. However, this is not a clear representation of what being white truly means. I could go on to elaborate but will refrain.

4- Black is a color associated to past injustices and present aggressions. However, this is not a clear representation of what being black truly means. I could go on to elaborate but will refrain.

5- Human is up to the individual. Being human means having respect for all others. You don't have to love all others, but respect all others. Being human is a privilege... not a right. A gift given by chance, or perhaps divinity. Being human we have the power over all others. Being human,,aka humane,, means upholding the integrity and dignity to those lower who have no voice. Animals. Being non-human means practicing any and all of the above mentioned.

6- Cultures still separate the two. The differences in speech... music... dress... articulations... and ultimately... perceptions. Im not implying that blacks adhere to the white culture, and I'm not implying that all blacks are stereotyped in the hip hop fashion. Im not even implying that it's better or worse than the white culture. Just stating the differences in the two races.

7- Being born a white human as appose to being born a black human has no difference in the way one human should treat another. However, since the beginning of man this is not the case. If we evolved from apes prejudices had already begun with them. Territorial battles of possessions and space and survival means were no doubt being fought with other ape species. If we come from divinity the same here applies. For we are human.

8- Again, don't really understand your question. However, we all have the freedom to quit work or transfer within that company to different areas. I don't see any limited reasons why any individual wouldn't have the right to move from job to job. If you're already in that line of employment regardless of color than nothing is stopping that individual from putting in for a transfer or even quitting all together. Nobody is enslaved anymore in the united states. Legally that is.

To sum it all up. There will always be prejudices. in 50 years when there is only one hip hop station and one rock station on the radio, but 20 hot salsa stations was as both races, white and black can finally hold hands and be prejudice together.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: number 5 I meant,, obviously,, being non-human means to "not" practice the above mentioned.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- There are aspects which are needed but I believe the country would be better off taxing at the lower levels of government while the federal should stick to its constitutional duty of national defense and foreign affairs.
2- I am for individual freedom. If some idiot wants to hate me because I am white, let him. If some idiot doesn’t want to hire me because I am white, let him not hire me. If some idiot doesn’t want to seek to me because I am white, I will go to the store next door. If I smoke and get cancer, I should pay for it. My rights only go as far until I infringe on yours. I owe you nothing and you owe me nothing.
3- never said there was
4- never said there was
5- actually...a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance. That is the definition. Notice the emphasis on homo sapien and the omission of species such as homo erectus?
6- Nope. I have learned. Not once have you seen me make claims otherwise.
7- Yes. It is more accurate than calling you an African American. Every person on Earth’s ancestry comes from Africa. Calling a black man is far more descriptive than saying, just a man.
8- Before you start screaming like a bitch, read what I wrote. I asked who believes limiting a person’s movement to be freedom.

So we don’t agree on freedom. If I pay for your healthcare, then I should be allowed to control what goes into your body. Taxes are an investment. If I invest in something, I have a say in what that entity does or I put my money elsewhere. Why would I invest 10 million dollars for a cancer treatment so a guy can live 3more weeks while being in the hospital? That is a dead end investment but if you want to supply national healthcare, then that investment is made. Wait, you don’t think the government should pay for that healthcare? Well, where should it stop?

I think we're done with this topic, but I do have one more question for you. No insult intended, Do you consider yourself an American?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OOOOh can I play the 8 question game.... looks fun.

1- I do not support a taxation system. Wasn't a war started on the basis of "No taxation without representation." I agree with Gkekoa that I should not have to pay taxes for the school system being that I don't have a child, or any family members involved in the school system at all. This is just one example. Taxation is just a way for the government to extort money from legally. Property tax is a crime in itself by the government. Why should I have to (continually) pay money to the government to a property and the home that sits on it if both are already paid in full... but thats a subject of a different manner since those who are required to pay actually own homes. I guess with a taxation system those kids who rent an apt or other living space will have to pay taxes on the ground the building sits on. Seems fair.

2- I guess I'm not understanding this question. However, if you're talking about simple freedom then we are all free in this country, and I can only speak in behalf of this country. Even those who are in prisons are free men in the grand aspect of things in this great united states. Allowed to socialize... allowed to send and collect mail... allowed to roam in a yard and allowed to partake in activities... However, If you're talking about various freedoms then just because you're with a large group (say protesting taxation) does not give you a right to loiter or vandalize.

3- White is a color associated to wealth and privilege in the eyes of non-whites. However, this is not a clear representation of what being white truly means. I could go on to elaborate but will refrain.

4- Black is a color associated to past injustices and present aggressions. However, this is not a clear representation of what being black truly means. I could go on to elaborate but will refrain.

5- Human is up to the individual. Being human means having respect for all others. You don't have to love all others, but respect all others. Being human is a privilege... not a right. A gift given by chance, or perhaps divinity. Being human we have the power over all others. Being human,,aka humane,, means upholding the integrity and dignity to those lower who have no voice. Animals. Being non-human means practicing any and all of the above mentioned.

6- Cultures still separate the two. The differences in speech... music... dress... articulations... and ultimately... perceptions. Im not implying that blacks adhere to the white culture, and I'm not implying that all blacks are stereotyped in the hip hop fashion. Im not even implying that it's better or worse than the white culture. Just stating the differences in the two races.

7- Being born a white human as appose to being born a black human has no difference in the way one human should treat another. However, since the beginning of man this is not the case. If we evolved from apes prejudices had already begun with them. Territorial battles of possessions and space and survival means were no doubt being fought with other ape species. If we come from divinity the same here applies. For we are human.

8- Again, don't really understand your question. However, we all have the freedom to quit work or transfer within that company to different areas. I don't see any limited reasons why any individual wouldn't have the right to move from job to job. If you're already in that line of employment regardless of color than nothing is stopping that individual from putting in for a transfer or even quitting all together. Nobody is enslaved anymore in the united states. Legally that is.

To sum it all up. There will always be prejudices. in 50 years when there is only one hip hop station and one rock station on the radio, but 20 hot salsa stations was as both races, white and black can finally hold hands and be prejudice together.

Thanks for responding!! After reading your post, let me ask a very serious question. What generation of football fan are you? Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for responding!! After reading your post, let me ask a very serious question. What generation of football fan are you? Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's?
Born in the 60's my friend. Now let me add... this is obviously just my opinion on matters that affect living beings and seeing things as a whole. Being born of different race I don't expect you to see things my way and I'm not kidding myself in thinking I can sway you on any matters as to how I see them. I'm not political, I'm not philosophical, I'm not astrological or even angelical. I'm just an over the hill fairly thick skin mildly white male individual who views the world with logical reasoning. As un-accepting as it may sound to you you're just as prejudice as me when it comes to those who don't view things the same way, and it doesn't mean we're racist in the slightest. In the same breath, like you, Im assuming, we have the same respect for those who don't view things in the same way. We're just an assortment of different flavored jelly beans tossed in a bowl for some other perhaps higher powers amusement. It's all good.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in the 60's my friend. Now let me add... this is obviously just my opinion on matters that affect living beings and seeing things as a whole. Being born of different race I don't expect you to see things my way and I'm not kidding myself in thinking I can sway you on any matters as to how I see them. I'm not political, I'm not philosophical, I'm not astrological or even angelical. I'm just an over the hill fairly thick skin mildly white male individual who views the world with logical reasoning. As un-accepting as it may sound to you you're just as prejudice as me when it comes to those who don't view things the same way, and it doesn't mean we're racist in the slightest. In the same breath, like you, Im assuming, we have the same respect for those who don't view things in the same way. We're just an assortment of different flavored jelly beans tossed in a bowl for some other perhaps higher powers amusement. It's all good.

To be fair, I am a product of the very early 50's. That said I want to stick with your "We're just an assortment of different flavored jelly beans tossed in a bowl" analogy. When we can get to the point where the only two points that matter in the same are;

1. We're all just jelly beans (flavors don't matter)
2. In the same bowl

Maybe the division and hatred will stop and the focus will be that of a great people (inclusive) doing great things for and not against one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.