• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I just found the fundamental difference then.... If some one came to me and said.... giving my life would mean American Slavery never happened, but neither would my entire family tree as I know it... I would gladly ask where do I sign up.

Fair enough. Now let me ask this.

If American slavery never existed, but Africa as a result faced even worse conditions of famine and disease, virtually annihilating the genetic make up of Africa, would you still give it?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Now let me ask this.

If American slavery never existed, but Africa as a result faced even worse conditions of famine and disease, virtually annihilating the genetic make up of Africa, would you still give it?

IN a heart beat. No questions asked.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I make that comment, I make the comment to point out the outrage is personal and not factual.

And thats awesome, except that the FACTS as are accepted in todays USA were by and large written by those that are in power. The victory writes History. Because its HIS story.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats awesome, except that the FACTS as are accepted in todays USA were by and large written by those that are in power. The victory writes History. Because its HIS story.

Again, I say it isn’t factual because the outrage is only toward America so it must be personal because every country and race has enslaved. The outrage must be personal because the outrage isn’t towards those who enslave today. You yourself said earlier that slavery is slavery.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I say it isn’t factual because the outrage is only toward America so it must be personal because every country and race has enslaved. The outrage must be personal because the outrage isn’t towards those who enslave today. You yourself said earlier that slavery is slavery.

The outrage in America against American Slavery is by and large by the descendants OF Americans slaves. So i think we have just a little bit of a right to be pissed, and to NOT let America casually sweep its ugly past under the rug. Especially since while slavery has been ended here, its legacy is alive and well even if its put on a happy face for the most part. You are right the outrage is a bit personal when you have people running for leadership positions in this country and they feel comfortable posting bill boards such as this.... Forgive me for thinking this was a DIRECT statement that me and mine are NOT welcome in the land of my birth.

5d461557-93d3-4975-9088-bfecef68b4a9-large16x9_PolkbillboardoriginalbyRickTyler.jpg

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The outrage in America against American Slavery is by and large by the descendants OF Americans slaves. So i think we have just a little bit of a right to be pissed, and to NOT let America casually sweep its ugly past under the rug. Especially since while slavery has been ended here, its legacy is alive and well even if its put on a happy face for the most part. You are right the outrage is a bit personal when you have people running for leadership positions in this country and they feel comfortable posting bill boards such as this.... Forgive me for thinking this was a DIRECT statement that me and mine are NOT welcome in the land of my birth.

5d461557-93d3-4975-9088-bfecef68b4a9-large16x9_PolkbillboardoriginalbyRickTyler.jpg

Who is sweeping it under the rug? I have never seen anybody claim it didn’t exist. Like I said, you speak of slavery with bias and have it personal. You are not objective.

As for your sign, Rick Tyler received 1.9% of the vote. He isn’t a US leader, state leader or anything. He is some idiot that was looking for publicity, and he got it.

Do you want to bet if a black man ran on the slogan “Wash the white out of America” he would receive more than 1.9%?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this for real? I dont even see how you'd stand a chance to get elected with something like this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is sweeping it under the rug? I have never seen anybody claim it didn’t exist. Like I said, you speak of slavery with bias and have it personal. You are not objective.

As for your sign, Rick Tyler received 1.9% of the vote. He isn’t a US leader, state leader or anything. He is some idiot that was looking for publicity, and he got it.

Do you want to bet if a black man ran on the slogan “Wash the white out of America” he would receive more than 1.9%?

Statements like.. Black people need to just get over slavery is an attempt to sweep it under the rug. Statements or proclamations that blacks in America should some how be grateful for Slavery because other wise we might still be in Africa. Is an attempt to minimize Slavery and its effect on this country.

And if a Black man ran under a platform of Make America more Black, no he wouldnt get any votes. But you dont find it just the tad bit odd that ANY organization promoting a black movement into power is at least mentioned as a possible terrorist organization??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this for real? I dont even see how you'd stand a chance to get elected with something like this.

Dude.. I dont do fake news. :D

Its very real, and while many Americans wont admit it, this is what they were thinking and or hoping when they voted for Trump.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes it is real. I had to look at it too. Like I said, 1.9% of the vote. 85% of district 3 is white and he only got 1.9% of the vote. Those ducking racists in Tennessee...how horrible.

When he ran for Senator in 2014, he received .4% of the vote.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its very real, and while many Americans wont admit it, this is what they were thinking and or hoping when they voted for Trump.

well, I think we know why only got 1.9% of the vote then

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except it isn’t.

Reasons I voted for Trump...

1- I am against abortion.

2- I am against treason.

3- I am against murder.

4- I am against ever increasing taxes.

5- I am against government run healthcare.

6- I am against government tyranny.

7- I am pro 2nd Amendment.

8- I am American’s first.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it isn’t.

Reasons I voted for Trump...

1- I am against abortion.

2- I am against treason.

3- I am against murder.

4- I am against ever increasing taxes.

5- I am against government run healthcare.

6- I am against government tyranny.

7- I am pro 2nd Amendment.

8- I am American’s first.

Why YOU personally voted for him is between you and your God.

But to say, or imply that a portion of Trumps voter base was not hoping for just that is naive at best. Come on man, he was endorsed by the KKK for fuck sake. You think ANY of those reason were the top of THEIR list of why they voted for Trump??

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statements like.. Black people need to just get over slavery is an attempt to sweep it under the rug. Statements or proclamations that blacks in America should some how be grateful for Slavery because other wise we might still be in Africa. Is an attempt to minimize Slavery and its effect on this country.

And if a Black man ran under a platform of Make America more Black, no he wouldnt get any votes. But you dont find it just the tad bit odd that ANY organization promoting a black movement into power is at least mentioned as a possible terrorist organization??

Get over it has nothing to do with sweeping it under the rug. It has everything to do with people saying I didn’t put chains on you or your ancestors. I worked for what I have. You worked for what you have. Don’t blame me for your position in life.

The effects of slavery on this country cannot be weighed. They cannot be weighed because we have no tools to compare something that happened to something that didn’t. Slavery helped build America. Without slavery, there is no telling where we would be as a society. Without slavery, there is no telling where black people who descended from slaves would be. There is no telling if the world would be better today without the US having had slavery.

Maybe blacks in Africa today would have white slaves if it weren’t for American slavery 160 years ago. Would that make you happy?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why YOU personally voted for him is between you and your God.

But to say, or imply that a portion of Trumps voter base was not hoping for just that is naive at best. Come on man, he was endorsed by the KKK for fuck sake. You think ANY of those reason were the top of THEIR list of why they voted for Trump??

The reasons I voted for him were just laid out. I didn’t vote for him in the primary because I liked everybody not named Jeb Bush and Lindsey Graham more.

You said white voters...not a portion of them were hoping for white American pride. As for the KKK endorsement, we all know what they are about. Obviously they would endorse Trump over the person who would openly promote blacks, gays, and foreigners over whites.

Why do 90% of blacks vote for democrats? Because democratic leadership pander to them, or pretend to. That is why black communities that continually promote democratic leadership fail.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it has nothing to do with sweeping it under the rug. It has everything to do with people saying I didn’t put chains on you or your ancestors. I worked for what I have. You worked for what you have. Don’t blame me for your position in life.

The effects of slavery on this country cannot be weighed. They cannot be weighed because we have no tools to compare something that happened to something that didn’t. Slavery helped build America. Without slavery, there is no telling where we would be as a society. Without slavery, there is no telling where black people who descended from slaves would be. There is no telling if the world would be better today without the US having had slavery.

Maybe blacks in Africa today would have white slaves if it weren’t for American slavery 160 years ago. Would that make you happy?

First off, why would the concepts of Whites enslaved some how please me?? Reality is, if whites had never set foot in Africa, at some point one of the African Nations would have risen to power at some point in History. Now how that would have effected world history, neither of us can say. But I stand by my claim that i would have been fine with taking that risk on the black genetic future.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I just found the fundamental difference then.... If some one came to me and said.... giving my life would mean American Slavery never happened, but neither would my entire family tree as I know it... I would gladly ask where do I sign up.

Would you give your life and your entire family tree to prevent Egypt from enslaving the Jews?

Would you give your life and your family tree to prevent the Muslim slave trade of whites in North Africa between the 16th and 18centuries? You know 200 years of slavery.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, why would the concepts of Whites enslaved some how please me?? Reality is, if whites had never set foot in Africa, at some point one of the African Nations would have risen to power at some point in History. Now how that would have effected world history, neither of us can say. But I stand by my claim that i would have been fine with taking that risk on the black genetic future.

I didn’t say it would please you. I asked if you would give your life and your entire family tree to prevent it?

Would one of the African nations have come to power in the last 200 to 300 years? None have come to power yet.

I didn’t ask if you were willing to take that chance. I told you a possible result...which would you rather? I thought you chose disease and famine over slavery.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if I am the only one who can be completely honest on forums, even if on the surface it makes people think...what an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.