• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowering the corporate tax rate is not a bad idea, but why should they go from 35% tax bracket down to 20%? The world average for Corporate tax rates is ~25% for example.
That is a lot of tax savings one year to the next.

Should we assume the average citizen is to enjoy such tax breaks, in fact so called "massive tax breaks." No, we will not. Half of the middle class will enjoy an estimated tax break of $800. While the other half, those who have children for example, will actually pay more in taxes next year.

Fiscal hawks and the CBO claim that this Tax plan, not to mention the new AHCA plan, both add to our deficit. They do not reduce our deficit.

Corporations have a ton of influence that they use to tailor laws to their likings. Our Watchdog agencies that are lessened in their abilityies by lobbyists to the point I no longer think they have the best interests of the people at heart. Citizens United is a POS. Religious establishments are edging towards wielding their influence, which further decreases the individuals power over their government. They already enjoy the best lawyers, and tax-free havens to pass to evade paying as much taxes as possible.

Jam the ACA down your throats? I highly disbelief this. When the ACA was passed, there were hundreds of bi-partisan meetings to amend the ACA into it's final form. How many times did the GOP meet with Democrats? 0. Did you not hear news of the town halls across this county and how people were erupting at the fact that the GOP was trying to take away our Health insurance? (A plan who's origins were created by a Conservative - Mitt Romney)

Health for profit is a complete sham. At a time where 70% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, allowing further power go to the private market...who's main interest is showing their investors increased year over year profits is morally and economically bad. The cost of entry into this market is already extremely prohibitive, makes it incredibly difficult for newcomers to compete.

The ACA does not control the overpriced costs that Insurance companies push onto hospitals. See Chargemaster on Google. What happens is that people can't afford to pay these costs, and then they just don't pay their bills, and then these bills get pushed onto the rest of us. Awesome. Thanks OBAMA?
A couple of things that would help this, would be to cover more people that already can't afford these costs through Medicaid and Medicaid Expansion. But we all know that Republicans are against that and Democrats are for that.

Lastly, Insurance premiums were skyrocketing way before the ACA was passed. There is no evidence that the ACA impacted this in a negative fashion. But what it did do, is grant people reprieve if they had a pre-existing conditions, and it net-increased the number of Americans who had healthcare.

The European corporate tax rate is 18%. 20% is reasonable. It is a large tax change and the idea is to have reinvestment.

I don’t actually like tax plan TBH. Now, you say some married couples will pay more but I read the average is a 2k decrease so it depends on your source.

As for your fiscal hawks, aren’t these the same ones that claimed AHA would decrease the deficit?

I can’t stand lobbyists and call it corruption. Religious establishments do more good in this nation than the government assistance programs.

Yes...jammed down our throats. Democrats 100% support. Republicans 0%.

Pushing people who don’t pay onto Medicaid does the same thing...either way they don’t pay...we do. I am actually for people not getting service if they do not pay...I know it is harsh.

It didn’t change the number who got healthcare...it changed the amount who had insurance. It did so by putting more people on government assistance, and it forced private industry to figure out a way to put people who would be more costly on insurance plans. The only way to do this is increase premiums on those who are healthy or charge people for services they do not need to pay for the few.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...and the people most corrupt are liberals. That is why big business backs them. That is why Hollywood rapists back them. Keep thinking liberalism is anything more than a power play...IT BLINDS.

Clearly you have no idea what liberalism is...and because of it... it makes sense that you're a conservative.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you have no idea what liberalism is...and because of it... it makes sense that you're a conservative.

Actually both terms (Liberal/Conservative) have been perverted to the point to be considered an insult.

Game starts in 5 minutes, so I will save THIS particular rant for tomorrow or Monday. But lets just say that Religion and Politics are two sides of the same coin. Both designed and implemented as a means to control the masses.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowering the corporate tax rate is just common sense. In no way does lowering the corporate rate hurt the middle class. Explain to me how that actually hurts the middle class.

The GOP would ideally like to get the hell out of the way in health care. They don’t feel like they can. Eight years of democratic control and having the ACA forced down our throats. You do realize the Democrats voted for the ACA without reading it right? As for dropping millions from coverage, that is exactly what the ACA did. People were forced off their plans, then forced to sign up for more expensive plans that were worse for them. Now, it did extend Medicaid to some but we can debate if that is actually “fair.”

Lowering the corporate tax rate has been actually done three times in U.S. history in the manner that is currently being tried....in the 1920's during Reagan and lil Bush The 1920 effort led directly to the great depression, Reagan had to course correct by actually raising taxes 7 times because he and his economic man David Stockman realized that "trickle down" didn't work (see the 1920 model) Finally Bush who again tried it and realized the worse economic downturn since the great depression. This shit is easy to look up and research.

Want to know what led to the greatest economic boom in U.S. history, leading to the development of the middle class, FDR and his taxation of the super rich at a 75 or greater %.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, if this don't tell both sides of the story on black and white racial divide. Have a listen.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, if this don't tell both sides of the story on black and white racial divide. Have a listen.

Nice video but really doesn't get at the heart of the divide. I will admit that they both talk about the resulting symptoms resulting from the original sin, how they both (and others share) a view of what's developed since then and ultimately hugging it out might be a first step towards reconciliation, but truthfully, until there's a conversation among those who continue to benefit and promote that divide, nothing changes.

More succinctly, those who broke it, or better their progeny who continue to benefit, MUST fix it. History if nothing else has taught us that no matter how loudly we protest, march, rebel or make "feel good" video's that divide remains. The question remains....WHY?

Know what I saw on that video? two men venting their frustrations at something that they have zero control over. On the one hand, the guy in the red cap's position is, everything that justifies avoiding the root cause. On the other hand the guy with the braids appears to take the position that insists his counterpart focus on his own reasoning as a means to escape real answers to the root cause.

The music was a nice touch, but for impact should have been absent as it set a calming tone that contrasted the totally unnecessary heated words from both.

Let me ask, what did you or anyone viewing this actually get from this other than an affirmation of already dug in positions? What constructive answers were given, even offered towards that end? Perhaps, the message was, at minimum, let's listen to one another, but even that ends with..."OK, but it really doesn't change my view"...right?

The racial divide is NOT, let me repeat that, NOT an issue that must be resolved by African Americans or other supposedly minor races. It was never designed or developed by them, never propagated by them and does not continue to exist because of them.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: did anyone besides me notice that the words that dominated this video were...."I'm not a racists" and "ni**er?"

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: did anyone besides me notice that the words that dominated this video were...."I'm not a racists" and "ni**er?"
Maybe because that's all anyone hears anymore on and off TV. Remember,, nobody sees themselves as racist.. whites or blacks.

First off Sty.. I notice you rated that video funny.. Im not sure how the video would seem funny to anybody. It's not Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder doing it (now that would be funny) but rather two relatively unknowns venting out frustrations that everyone is afraid to say out loud... well at least on the white end. Because let's be honest.. whites are scrutinized far more than blacks on words and phrases used alone. (now I'm talking bout words and sentiments only.. so don't stand up and yell out WHAT!)

About the video. I can relate to the white dude, or the dude in the red cap as you referred to him as. Actually, why was that? Even the black guy was referred to by you as the guy in braids. Homey (Oh, am I aloud to use that term or is that viewed racist when whites use it?) Cause seriously, it's hard to know anymore. OK,, I'm being somewhat off-cuffed there my apologies.. but guys, it's ok to say black and white... cuz really,,,it's a video about a black and a white. So yes, I can relate to some of the things said in the video, not all, but some. I don't believe every black is lazy for one, as I'm sure you don't hate every white as the black dude referred, but most of what was said is a portrait as how we all feel deep down... and that's because of a cultural divide that aint nobody gonna change.

The video to me (or how I personally viewed it) is about two races and how they view each other, because of how they can't understand each other, because neither has walked on the road of life in the others shoe, and never will.

For instance: I personally can't understand why it's ok for blacks to use the N word. Can't blacks see it's an ugly word that needs to go away. How can whites forget about a word if they hear it everyday of their life. Thats how I see it and that's what the white dude was saying. Or also, I personally can't understand the bitterness still in the hearts of blacks about what happened more than 150 years ago and how they still hold whites hostage because of it. Any harbored bitterness should have died out along with any plantation and slave owner. How can whites move on from the past if blacks can't. I don't see the same hatred from Jews to modern day Germans.

This video simply shows the frustrations of what whites and blacks feel with the clear message at the end that we're all brothers who are walking through a life that aint not one of us understands on why,,, but we're here.. walking. Im not taking this video into the realms of political and social injustice I'm just viewing it on the helping to understand each other mode and mojo, is all I'm doing.

Last edited:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to a popular video you found @reptec101

already finding responses

toggle full screen to adjust volume

Last edited:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For instance: I personally can't understand why it's ok for blacks to use the N word. Can't blacks see it's an ugly word that needs to go away. How can whites forget about a word if they hear it everyday of their life. Thats how I see it and that's what the white dude was saying.

this is such a good answer to your question ... i'll post it again for ya

also ... you realize the singer/author of this song is a black guy ... not the white actor in the video ?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is such a good answer to your question ... i'll post it again for ya

also ... you realize the singer/author of this song is a black guy ... not the white actor in the video ?
I agree that words given to describe others does belong to that group... however, if they're deemed ugly and offensive than why does that group want to embellish them... those words should be abolished and never uttered by the offended group. That's logic too me. He refers to the term 'honey' shared by lovers,, but thats a term of endearment. I don't hear Mexicans greet other Mexicans "whats up my spic".. or Germans "whats up my kraut" or even whites "whats up my peckerwood"... unless of course it's in a joking manor. These derogatory names were given to groups by others in a mean vicious manor... so why would any group, again, want to embellish the ugly word given to them. Think about it,,, hypothetically speaking... if every black never uttered that word out of their mouths.. in song, in greetings... and whites were crucified when they did.... in 50 years or so that word would cease to exist except in history books... unless of course the left wing fanatics erase that history too, but in a few generations 5 or 6 perhaps the word would be all but forgotten. Those that empower that word.. white and black.. would die out and take along that term with em... but what do I know... Im just a peckerwood.

Again, regardless of who raps in that video it was well done and should be taking for what it is... just a video shedding light on some under-lying tensions felt from both sides.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice video but really doesn't get at the heart of the divide. I will admit that they both talk about the resulting symptoms resulting from the original sin, how they both (and others share) a view of what's developed since then and ultimately hugging it out might be a first step towards reconciliation, but truthfully, until there's a conversation among those who continue to benefit and promote that divide, nothing changes.

More succinctly, those who broke it, or better their progeny who continue to benefit, MUST fix it. History if nothing else has taught us that no matter how loudly we protest, march, rebel or make "feel good" video's that divide remains. The question remains....WHY?

Know what I saw on that video? two men venting their frustrations at something that they have zero control over. On the one hand, the guy in the red cap's position is, everything that justifies avoiding the root cause. On the other hand the guy with the braids appears to take the position that insists his counterpart focus on his own reasoning as a means to escape real answers to the root cause.

The music was a nice touch, but for impact should have been absent as it set a calming tone that contrasted the totally unnecessary heated words from both.

Let me ask, what did you or anyone viewing this actually get from this other than an affirmation of already dug in positions? What constructive answers were given, even offered towards that end? Perhaps, the message was, at minimum, let's listen to one another, but even that ends with..."OK, but it really doesn't change my view"...right?

The racial divide is NOT, let me repeat that, NOT an issue that must be resolved by African Americans or other supposedly minor races. It was never designed or developed by them, never propagated by them and does not continue to exist because of them.

i totally disagree with your last statement . if you hate a person because of the color of ones skin that is racism . and believe me , in my travels around the world minorites hate and are racist and are hence part of the problem as well . i am not saying who started it because at this point who cares ? today more people are enslaved around the world then at any time in history . . the racial divide needs to be resolved by all sides or it wont get resolved at all . do you want whites to try to solve it without minority input ? wont work

the first thing to do in my opinion is to do away with present , ism . but alas we have forces who encourage this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing i can do as a man is teach my children to judge his fellow man by his or her character and not by his skin . i raised my kids that way and they will take it to the next generation and so on .

i am not black , i will never be black , and i have never walked in a black mans shoes . nor have i walked in any other minorities shoes .

my mom and dad grew up in an era was racism was an accepted practice . my dad was a stone cold racist until he went to WW2 and learned some much needed lessons . when he came back he changed the way his parents thought and my mother thought .

he took MLK's words to heart long before he publicly uttered them . my mom and dad fought for and with blacks for civil rights and they are still stone cold conservatives .

they did such a great job with me and my brothers and sisters that we all took another step

when i met my wife i didnt see a mexican , i saw a stone cold fox and a lovely person inside and out . this from a german man after a WW.

she didnt see a white man she saw the love of her life and that is what i am teaching my kids to strive for

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the truth...

1- If a word is offensive, then context does not matter. If a black person uses the N word in a playful, joking, or even “loving” manner, then the word must not be offensive. It must be offensive only in a contextual manner. If it is only offensive in context, then a white person should be allowed to use the same word. If you disagree with anything I have written, then you are a hypocrite, or a racist.

2- If you hate a person, based simply on color, then you are a racist. If you hate a person based on their individual actions, you are not a racist. If you apply a behavior to a specific group of people, you are not racist but you are stereotyping. Very few people apply a specific behavior to all blacks or whites. People do apply a specific behavior to how a person carries themselves from dress, to walk, to speak, etc. That isn’t racism, that is experience. Not all experience is transferable but that experience is why the belief exists.

3- You will never change a person by proving their stereotype correct.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally disagree with your last statement . if you hate a person because of the color of ones skin that is racism . and believe me , in my travels around the world minorites hate and are racist and are hence part of the problem as well . i am not saying who started it because at this point who cares ? today more people are enslaved around the world then at any time in history . . the racial divide needs to be resolved by all sides or it wont get resolved at all . do you want whites to try to solve it without minority input ? wont work

the first thing to do in my opinion is to do away with present , ism . but alas we have forces who encourage this

There is no telling who started slavery. It has existed for as far back as we have knowledge. It never had anything to do with skin tone. It is all about power, control, and property. Whites have owned blacks and whites. Blacks have owned blacks and whites. All other skin tones are included in the word black and white.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember my bible history right the Jews were enslaved in Egypt and one of the wise men was black. Just saying ..... anyhow carry on.

All words should be available to all races, sexes etc. If you want equality then that is equality. If you think otherwise then you are making up your own rules.

You don't see other races (I don't) using racial slurs to each other ... I'll let you figure out the words. Except us Irish and we all know that we Mc's are drunks that love to fight. Even during the times we were enslaved throughout history.

LMAO!!! I know you guys are going to have fun with this post ... which is why I wrote. :pound:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did white men in America invent Slavery?? Nope.. but they damn sure perfected it.

Secondly.... If you feel the need, desire or right to express yourself by saying the N word, that is your right. How ever by asserting that right, one must be willing to accept the possible outcome of claiming your equality.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did white men in America invent Slavery?? Nope.. but they damn sure perfected it.

Secondly.... If you feel the need, desire or right to express yourself by saying the N word, that is your right. How ever by asserting that right, one must be willing to accept the possible outcome of claiming your equality.

White men far from perfected it. That is spoken with extreme bias.

Again, if that outcome is different than if you us3d the N word, wouldn’t that be racist in action...the only reason a white person would be hit for it is because they are white?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White men far from perfected it. That is spoken with extreme bias.

Again, if that outcome is different than if you us3d the N word, wouldn’t that be racist in action...the only reason a white person would be hit for it is because they are white?

Umm... lets not bullshit here. White men in America did in fact perfect Slavery to a point were they devalued black men and women to the point of live stock, and occasional sex toys that were NOTHING more than property. They breed us like cattle for acceptable traits that would in fact make us better suited for work in the fields. A black man in this country could rarely if EVER gain freedom by any means other than running away.

If that is NOT a perfect system of slavery.. please give me a better example??

If I went up to the wrong black person and used the N word in ANY context, I would expect and in most cases actually BE picking a fight. IN MOST cases a white person using that word would be using it to convey some sense of superiority over said Nigra, or yes as a disparagement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.