• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chillerdab I agree with you. (No shocker there)

And the Vegan comment was my slightly sarcastic side creeping out.

I honestly think barring some racial cleansing attempt, in this country at least, give it 3-5 generations and we will be so mixed that the concept of what are you, will be replaced with... what dont you have in your DNA. sadly I think this idea scares the hell out of some Americans more than anything else.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is telling that these conversations are generally about the tree, and not its root, so let's begin there (with the root) My questions:

1. What is "white?"

2. What does it mean to be "white?"

3. Why does this continue to exist?

4. What events or circumstance made it necessary to make and keep that distinction even today?

Hint: These are NOT tough questions.....although.....to the blind, psychological crippled, and damn near crazy they might be.

And in one post, Sty goes Pacific Rim Deep.

tenor.gif

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is telling that these conversations are generally about the tree, and not its root, so let's begin there (with the root) My questions:

1. What is "white?"

4. What events or circumstance made it necessary to make and keep that distinction even today?

Hint: These are NOT tough questions.....although.....to the blind, psychological crippled, and damn near crazy they might be.

How can somebody not be black enough? The truth is, it has never been about race. It has always been culture that matters.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can somebody not be black enough? The truth is, it has never been about race. It has always been culture that matters.

WTF???? Did you actually read the questions?..........or?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.. but the problem is.. in this country , and the world in general.. we tend to assign culture based on skin color, or in some cases how one is dressed. We see some one who is covered in tats and assume ex con if they are white, or gang banger if they are other than white. Some one dressed in Hijab is automatically a terrorist. And a white guy in an Armani suite is deemed one of those higher than thou white guys.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all want the same things, but not all of us want to make sure everybody has equal opportunity to get the same things.

We don't all want to share.

We don't all want to evolve.

We don't all want to admit that their religion is no more important, correct, or righteous than any other religion.

We don't all want to mind our own fucking business about what other people say they are, who they fuck, who they love, and what they do in the privacy of their own home.

And though I am not a vegan, and never have been a vegan, there are many, many, many more things that I would characterize as evil other than vegans.

While I agree with every one of your points, let me add.....There is NO alternative, the country was built upon taking advantage of others and when that question led to a civil war, at its conclusion, the answer was too difficult to properly deal with from a social, economic, or humanistic way that the fallback became more of the same. Just in other ways. That system remains today, and includes one of the largest groups in history.........the willful and unknowingly ignorant!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a loaded question for @Stymietee and @gkekoa

Sty.. are you proud to be black

GK are you proud to be white

This is a yes or no question. And I will explain my logic after you both have answered.

#Richard Hat.. engaged

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sticking with this until someone answers, so reposting the questions:

1. What is "white?"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a loaded question for @Stymietee and @gkekoa

Sty.. are you proud to be black

GK are you proud to be white

This is a yes or no question. And I will explain my logic after you both have answered.

#Richard Hat.. engaged

Nope!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF???? Did you actually read the questions?..........or?

Of course I read them. I figured they were rhetorical. I responded with a similar question.

I'm sticking with this until someone answers, so reposting the questions:

1. What is "white?"

1- White is the lightest color. It lacks hue. Some would say it a sense of color because it reflects all light.

2- It means you appear lighter in color than other people.

3- Because it is descriptive.

4- Because it is descriptive.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I read them. I figured they were rhetorical. I responded with a similar question.

1- White is the lightest color. It lacks hue. Some would say it a sense of color because it reflects all light.

2- It means you appear lighter in color than other people.

3- Because it is descriptive.

4- Because it is descriptive.

OK, so you want to play, so let's shall we?

1. What is "white" as it pertains to people?

2. What does it conditionally mean to be a "white" person?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.. but the problem is.. in this country , and the world in general.. we tend to assign culture based on skin color, or in some cases how one is dressed. We see some one who is covered in tats and assume ex con if they are white, or gang banger if they are other than white. Some one dressed in Hijab is automatically a terrorist. And a white guy in an Armani suite is deemed one of those higher than thou white guys.

Yes we do. That exists because we are all part of the animal kingdom. We all have a survival instinct. Every stereotype exists for a reason. While those stereotypes may not even be a likelihood or a majority, or even close to it, it exists for a reason.

I dress comfortably. If I were the type to make snap judgements on my look, I would think poor trailer trash. Thing is...people who think like that, do not bother me. I don’t give a shit what they think.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so you want to play, so let's shall we?

1. What is "white" as it pertains to people?

2. What does it conditionally mean to be a "white" person?

I wasn’t playing. You asked questions that I didn’t know what you were getting at.

1- White is a descriptive adjective as it pertains to skin color.

2- There are no conditions. There is genetic pigmentation.

3- Because DNA is passed sexually.

4- Do you ever really hear a white person talking about being white? White people dont keep that distinction perpetuated.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t playing. You asked questions that I didn’t know what you were getting at.

1- White is a descriptive adjective as it pertains to skin color.

2- There are no conditions. There is genetic pigmentation.

3- Because DNA is passed sexually.

4- Do you ever really hear a white person talking about being white? White people dont keep that distinction perpetuated.

Since you seem dead set taking this tact........I'm certain that you didn't know what I was getting at in a thread highly saturated with issues related to race in this country, that is in part, part of the problem. Willful ignorance does a disservice to any and everyone seeking constructive dialogue on this, man made construct.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you seem dead set taking this tact........I'm certain that you didn't know what I was getting at in a thread highly saturated with issues related to race in this country, that is in part, part of the problem. Willful ignorance does a disservice to any and everyone seeking constructive dialogue on this, man made construct.

I am not willfully ignorant. I am speaking from experience.

As a white person, there is no qualifier such as speaking a certain way or having a certain state of mind...not being white enough doesn’t exist. White is a descriptor. If you believe it is more than pigmentation, that is on you.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not willfully ignorant. I am speaking from experience.

As a white person, there is no qualifier such as speaking a certain way or having a certain state of mind...not being white enough doesn’t exist. White is a descriptor. If you believe it is more than pigmentation, that is on you.

Maybe you should bring yourself up to speed on the history of that designation, where it came from, why it was necessary, what advantages or disadvantages it brings, why it persists today and so on. It is interesting that you are able to reduce it to pigmentation, that defines privilege as much as anything that you've written on that subject.

To be honest, I was giving you credit for being or attempting to be willfully ignorant, of course if you reject that in favor of the other, I'm cool with that too!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should bring yourself up to speed on the history of that designation, where it came from, why it was necessary, what advantages or disadvantages it brings, why it persists today and so on. It is interesting that you are able to reduce it to pigmentation, that defines privilege as much as anything that you've written on that subject.

To be honest, I was giving you credit for being or attempting to be willfully ignorant, of course if you reject that in favor of the other, I'm cool with that too!!

You asked what white is.

Advantages, disadvantages, and privilege are all opinions if you are basing things on race.

Again, there is no verifiable advantage to being white in society today.

Status
Not open for further replies.