• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Political Use Has Run Out

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like the political use for Michael Sam has run out. He was recently cut from the Cowboys practice squad. Most of us understood at the time that drafting him was a "politically correct" ploy by the Rams, but there was some debate on that. But does there remain any doubt about it at this point? :whistle: :what: :redface:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that debate over nothing.....Anyhow, the guy was just a Big Pain in the ASS!.......oh wait!:doh:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big waste of time...he would be wise to look for a spot on a CFL team. The last thing I want to see the Rams engage in is PC Drafting. :gaah:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What chaps my butt is Fisher was the guy that out of the blue chirped: "I want Sam, let's get him" when apparently the draft team had reached an impasse on one of three 7th round picks we had. Its like Fisher decided that Sam was worthy of a look/see.

Now we know that the guy is a CFLer at best since Dallas cut him yet Fisher thought he was worth wasting a draft pick rather than being diligent and picking a LB or another O-lineman which we needed then and still need. This whole affair sheds a lot of light on what Boss has been stating about Fisher all along.

Boggles the imagination that some of the BS we have seen with this team may indeed fall right at the feet of one Jeff Fisher. Then he equals it out by Fisher calling that fake punt with Hekker's pass to Cunningham to redeem himself.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was worth a shot, whether by late 7th rounder or free agent. Didn't work out, as he's not good enough at his one thing to overcome his lack of being well-rounded. Could care less about the political aspects of it personally. It's not like he's the only 7th rounder that didn't make the team this year. Guys like Van Dyk and Bryant were picked before Sam (and Rhaney right after him), but nobody is complaining about wasting those picks.

They did have multiple UDFA stick to make up for it (Westbrooks, Roberson, Watts).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not done yet on evaluating the draft picks which as you know usually goes till the end of the season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not done yet on evaluating the draft picks which as you know usually goes till the end of the season.

Safe to say that the outlook for a cut player (Van Dyk), an IR player (Rhaney), and a practice squad player (Bryant) are unlikely to change before the end of the season.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't admit it can you Shopson? Typical of a bleeding heart liberal. There were far better players available for the Rams to pick other than Michael Sam with that pick. We didn't need another DE at the time and the pick could have been used to take a position of need instead. But you keep towing the line you've been towing. You just look even more foolish now than you initially did.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus boss. I didn't agree w the Rams drafting Sam but at this point you are :deadhorse:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly. But I also am not stubbornly holding on to a belief just because I'm too proud to admit I was wrong. And just for the record, I've been wrong plenty. Prove it to me and I'll admit it.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I just don't want to hear about it anymore. Haha.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you may not want to hear about it jacobarch but that doesn't change the reality and Boss is dead on again.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I just don't want to hear about it anymore. Haha.

Yeah, I guess it is getting a little old. But it was the end of the week and things were slow, so I thought I'd liven it up a bit.....:lol:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a stupid waste of a pick...the Rams have had plenty of those lately. What makes this different and still worthy of discussion is the reason they made the pick. To be politically correct. To me it shows us all just what the Rams front office has been guilty of for a long time. Misplaced priorities.
At the top of their list should be one thing and one thing only...pick winners! not photo ops!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't admit it can you Shopson? Typical of a bleeding heart liberal. There were far better players available for the Rams to pick other than Michael Sam with that pick. We didn't need another DE at the time and the pick could have been used to take a position of need instead. But you keep towing the line you've been towing. You just look even more foolish now than you initially did.

Yep, didn't need another DL, that must be why Ethan Westbrooks made the roster, right? You clearly are focusing directly on Sam, and not the wasted picks before him. Van Dyk? Gilbert? The janitor multiple rounds too early? Why focus on Sam? Could it be YOU have the agenda?

I could care less who any of these players choose to share their lives with. Sam was an SEC co-defensive player of the year. That alone makes him worth a late 7th round flier. He didn't work out, and it wasn't because of his sexuality; he just doesn't have enough talent to overcome his weaknesses. If you're counting on late 7th rounders to be difference-makers, you're significantly misled. They are typically just fliers on players you want to try out that you don't think you can score as UDFAs. The fact that he was a local product of the Tigers may have led the Rams to want to be the team that picked him, but again, we're talking about a late 7th rounder.

What dazzling talent did you want that late that the Rams missed out on?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no agenda other than to prove my point Shopson. And admittedly I don't know who else the Rams should have drafted instead of Sam. You see, I have better things to do with my life than become intimately familiar with the draft all the way into the 7th and 8th rounds. But the point is that we had other positions of need MORE than we needed another DE. Oh, yes I forgot. He was an SEC defensive player of the year.....so impressive that nobody else even considered drafting him any higher than the 7th, so that probably means more to you than anybody else.

And yes of course it's a dice roll for picks that late. Still doesn't invalidate the fact that it was a political move more than a football move. You seem to be the only one to not (want) to see this at this point. It's obvious it is YOU who have the agenda, not me.

Michael Sam will never start, or even make a roster in the NFL. He will eventually go to Canada I would bet. In a few years his name will only be mentioned in passing. Of course you will still have his poster tacked up in your bedroom to remember him by Shopson.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have done a myriad of things one of which was package a couple of those 7th rounders and move back into the 6th round or even the fifth and pick-up a decent LB or O-lineman. Nope, didn't even do that. Just sat around on their thumbs and didn't address our needs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no agenda other than to prove my point Shopson. And admittedly I don't know who else the Rams should have drafted instead of Sam. You see, I have better things to do with my life than become intimately familiar with the draft all the way into the 7th and 8th rounds. But the point is that we had other positions of need MORE than we needed another DE. Oh, yes I forgot. He was an SEC defensive player of the year.....so impressive that nobody else even considered drafting him any higher than the 7th, so that probably means more to you than anybody else.

And yes of course it's a dice roll for picks that late. Still doesn't invalidate the fact that it was a political move more than a football move. You seem to be the only one to not (want) to see this at this point. It's obvious it is YOU who have the agenda, not me.

Michael Sam will never start, or even make a roster in the NFL. He will eventually go to Canada I would bet. In a few years his name will only be mentioned in passing. Of course you will still have his poster tacked up in your bedroom to remember him by Shopson.

Did Dallas pick him up as a political move?

Again, I have no horse in this race, as I could care less about Sam. I assumed as soon as they signed Westbrooks as a UDFA that he would beat out Sam for the roster, if the Rams even added a DL.

If I had an agenda about Sam, wouldn't I have complained when they cut him? Again, I could care less if and when he plays. As long as he is judged by his playing ability, all is good.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now of course Dallas picked him up as a political ploy. Jerry Jones is exactly the type of owner that would do just that. You see how long he lasted on the Cowboys team don't you. And Dallas is not considered a stalwart defensive powerhouse to say the least. The Cowboys picked him up just long enough to get a pat on the back, then they unceremoniously dumped him. How obvious can this get?

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I betcha Fisher drafted Sam so he could have an interview with Barbara Walters.

For real, it was a wasted pick. He was picked for political reasons. Had Sam not had been drafted, the NFL would have been seen as homophobic by these anti-gay organizations.