• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players the Lakers could sign to fill out their squad

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd isn't it? Schroeder turned down a 4 year $84M offer from the Lakers and signed with the Celtics for $5.9M.
Makes you wonder if the Lakers might be losing all that sparkle and glitter.

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

Yes, I'm sure you're right. That's literally the only possible reason.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Hart and Markkanen are likely out of the Lakers' price range anyway. They can only offer vet min contracts. Any S&T for either will hard cap the roster, and the Lakers have previously indicated they will not do so to keep their midseason roster flexibility.
Both players are out of the Lakers price range for now. When adding players happens next year, I suspect these two will be on the list when things change asset-wise and finances ease a bit. Two other youngsters that will be on the radar will be Mykhailiuk and Bonga, both ex-Lakers.

Strutz1896

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to be the oldest team to win a championship? Apart from their bench. Their first 5 really make them a contender.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd isn't it? Schroeder turned down a 4 year $84M offer from the Lakers and signed with the Celtics for $5.9M.
Makes you wonder if the Lakers might be losing all that sparkle and glitter.
You know how long he lasted in free agency? Nobody but the Celtics wanted him.

There is a reason he has been on now his 4th team in 4 years.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to be the oldest team to win a championship? Apart from their bench. Their first 5 really make them a contender.
The 97-98 Bulls were older.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the Lakers are in contact with LaMarcus Aldridge concerning his comeback and he is one player they would like to add. Another is Rondo who was just traded to Memphis in the Eric Bledsoe trade. Whether either or both of these players end up a Laker remains to be seen.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are teams so infatuated with Thomas? Do they feel bad for him? I feel for the guy too but its over.

I don't mind them working out Collison and James though. I'm actually surprised Brooklyn let James go. He gave them good minutes down the stretch at the end of the year last year.

But truthfully, they shouldn't be looking at any of them. They have enough people on the roster that can functionally play point. They either need to get a wing defender or like Retroram mentioned, take a flier on Lamarcus Aldridge if multiple docs give him the ok. PF/C could actually be pretty thin for the Lakers given an injury. And considering how old the team is, its gonna happen at some point so might as well bring in more bodies, even if they're old too

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are teams so infatuated with Thomas? Do they feel bad for him? I feel for the guy too but its over.

I don't mind them working out Collison and James though. I'm actually surprised Brooklyn let James go. He gave them good minutes down the stretch at the end of the year last year.

But truthfully, they shouldn't be looking at any of them. They have enough people on the roster that can functionally play point. They either need to get a wing defender or like Retroram mentioned, take a flier on Lamarcus Aldridge if multiple docs give him the ok. PF/C could actually be pretty thin for the Lakers given an injury. And considering how old the team is, its gonna happen at some point so might as well bring in more bodies, even if they're old too

The Lakers have to fill out their roster regardless. I’d rather they have have IT sit at the end of the bench than some nervous, inexperienced 19 year old G Leaguer

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's one of those "fan favorite" type players. Plus, teams are probably looking for some of the instant offense he used to provide. Maybe they're hoping he can have a bit of a Derrick Rose type resurgence?

Agree re: Aldridge and a PF/C. Apparently they're also going to leave a spot or 2 open for buyout shopping.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of those "fan favorite" type players. Plus, teams are probably looking for some of the instant offense he used to provide. Maybe they're hoping he can have a bit of a Derrick Rose type resurgence?

Agree re: Aldridge and a PF/C. Apparently they're also going to leave a spot or 2 open for buyout shopping.

Yeah, I get it.

But in the case of the Lakers, they really don’t need an instant offense scorer.

They need a perimeter defender.

Go get that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get it.

But in the case of the Lakers, they really don’t need an instant offense scorer.

They need a perimeter defender.

Go get that.

Completely agree. Scoring is unlikely to be an issue for this team, but unless Vogel has some more defensive tricks up his sleeve, they could average 130 points per game on both offense and defense. lol

They have guys who can play good to great defense in spurts. But no one they can really count on for a significant amount of time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have to fill out their roster regardless. I’d rather they have have IT sit at the end of the bench than some nervous, inexperienced 19 year old G Leaguer

Sure, but do they need more guards, lol? Especially mini-me? If they're going to sign a one-dimensional guard, they could really use some defense, not another chucker.

They've used 12 of 15 spots, usually keep 1 open, and Dudley is still unsigned.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. Scoring is unlikely to be an issue for this team, but unless Vogel has some more defensive tricks up his sleeve, they could average 130 points per game on both offense and defense. lol

They have guys who can play good to great defense in spurts. But no one they can really count on for a significant amount of time.
AD. James to a lesser extent.