• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C-Rock's 2013-14 NBA Preview

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you can say that Brahmsian but I have to think that team has as good a shot as any. Basically what you are saying amounts to any team without a top five player on the roster won't win a title. Let's watch the games and see. Who do you favor to win the title? Word.
It won't be my adapted city's Celtics. Too many new players, a new coach, and a MAJOR injury to Rajon Rondo
make this a rebuilding year for them.

My native city's Thunder do have a shot. I'll be pulling for them win or lose.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be my adapted city's Celtics. Too many new players, a new coach, and a MAJOR injury to Rajon Rondo
make this a rebuilding year for them.

My native city's Thunder do have a shot. I'll be pulling for them win or lose.
Westbrook is coming back from a MAJOR injury also. If he has trouble staying healthy or lingering problems then they have no shot.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is coming back from a MAJOR injury also. If he has trouble staying healthy or lingering problems then they have no shot.
One more person overestimating Westwood's importance to the team.

IBAKA is more important than Westwood.

The things Westwood does look good but aren't as important as what a PG SHOULD do consistently that Westwood only does sporadically. Westwood gets away with it because his are such good, all-around players. They can cope with his shortcomings, but would be better with a true #1 at the PG position.

Their has been talk of a Westwood-for-Rondo trade for 2-3 years now. That potential trade would favor OKC going away if it ever actually happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will non-Oklahomans get it through their heads that Serge Ibaka is actually more important to the Thynder than Westbrook?

Westbrook is improving, but is still better suited to the 2 than the 1.

I follow the Thunder via NBA League Pass even though I haven't been back to my native state
in 40 years, as of this month.
Westbrook's ability to create and drive to the basket helps Ibaka's offensive game immensely. Serge is not relied upon for his offense like Russell is. Serge has no post up game and avg. less than 3FTA per game compared to RW's 7FTA per game. Serge avg. 7.7RPG last season compared to RW's 5.2.

Serge is more important on defense for sure, but RW is all around more important than Ibaka. Not saying that his offense can't improve though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ROCKETS will be struggling to get a #5 seed.

Howard showed no ability whatsoever to have any offensive game flow as a young healthy athlete.

Now injury and aging has slowed that athleticism down a bit.

No amount of coaching is going to make him anything other than what we have seen.

Houston and LA run almost the same type of uptempo offense.
Dwight was helpless in that system.
He will be even more of an oddball in the faster Rockets system.

I sincerely doubt that Harden, Lin, and Parson suddenly reinvent their game to force feed a dependent post player.

I am not even sure those guys can play a slower system if they tried.
Their defense is horrible. The uptempo style helps cover up their flaws on defense.

I just cannot see Howard being successful in the Houston offense.
His best game is when he is fed in the post and surrounded by a bunch of deferring 3-point shooters.

The Rockets will be no better than a 5 seed UNLESS the players radically change their style of play.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serge is one more all around player who knows how to cope with Westwood's flaws.

Give him a choice between Westwood and a HEALTHY Rajon at PG, and I bet he'd take Rajon.

Rajon at the 1 with Westwood at the 2 would be a seriously scary back court. It will probably never happen,
but "improbable" isn't quite the same as "impossible."

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more person overestimating Westwood's importance to the team.

IBAKA is more important than Westwood.

The things Westwood does look good but aren't as important as what a PG SHOULD do consistently that Westwood only does sporadically. Westwood gets away with it because his are such good, all-around players. They can cope with his shortcomings, but would be better with a true #1 at the PG position.

Their has been talk of a Westwood-for-Rondo trade for 2-3 years now. That potential trade would favor OKC going away if it ever actually happened.
So you don't want your PG to avg. 23pts, 5 boards and 7 assists while getting to the line with consistency while shooting 81% from the line and with a PER of 23.98

You'd rather have 13.7ppg, 5.6 boards and 11 dimes, while avg. 2.8FT, shooting 64% from the line with a PER of 18.12?

Favor OKC? hahahahaha....thanks for the laugh.

I'll take the guy who can actually hit a 14 foot jumper and the 3ball..... than the guy who can't

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bossing the boards the way Ibaka can reduces the need for outside jumpers.

Put-backs don't look as impressive as 3s, but they win more games anyway.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Horns. I have seen players add to their offensive repertoire late in their career. Lebron has developed a post game. Jordan added the unstoppable fadeaway. Olajuwon didn't always have the Dreamshake. I think Howard still has time to develop a post offense outside of that little short hook he does. That is, if he takes advantage of this new opportunity. I believe Dwight Howard plays better when he isn't under so much scrutiny. Word.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Because of his age? He is the definition of defense's most valuable player. Of course, considering the source of the vitriol it is understandable you would offer your dissent out of sheer disdain for my Lakers prediction. Sorry bud. Your faves are kaput. Word.

and how was he so effective last year when he didn't make an impact on the defensive end last year yet he's a year older?? My faves aren't kaput and they'll have a better record than your rebuild project Celtics, watch.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, yes, Garnett was very effective on defense last year. He breathes defense. Anyway, why would I carry on with you. You know damn well I am like Nostradamus when it comes to predicting this isht. Plus, good for the Lakers. If they have a better record than Boston congratulations. They will still find themselves in a battle for the 8th spot in the playoffs - AT BEST. Word.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Dwight Howard plays better when he isn't under so much scrutiny.

I think he'll have plenty of scrutiny playing in Houston given everything leading up to him signing there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll have plenty of scrutiny playing in Houston given everything leading up to him signing there.

:agree:Considering the drama when he left Orlando, the drama when he was with the Lakers and some of his comments since he landed in Houston (the latest being the jersey thing), he will be under even more scrutiny and if the Rockets don't have a deep playoff run, he'll be blamed.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he won't have the microscope in Houston 'cause, as Barkley correctly pointed out, it ain't the bright lights of NY or LA....no excuse for him not to compete and do well having HOF'rs Yao, Olajuwon, and throw in Sampson to support him. I mean he didn't care for Kareem's advice so you never know....he's no longer our dilemma.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about Howard. A Valuable asset. If McHale can surround him with influence (something Phil would have done), and create some more weapons, it could be a good fit long term.

He is better than any free agents coming out next year or two so a wise decision by Houston.

Howard wants to win a title in the next 4 years, so he chose a team that at least has a chance

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he won't have the microscope in Houston 'cause, as Barkley correctly pointed out, it ain't the bright lights of NY or LA....no excuse for him not to compete and do well having HOF'rs Yao, Olajuwon, and throw in Sampson to support him. I mean he didn't care for Kareem's advice so you never know....he's no longer our dilemma.

You don't practically get on your knees and beg to sign a 'dilemma!' That's funny. Word.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors are top 5 in attendance every year.
They just grabbed Leiweke from the lakers and Masai from the Nuggets

The Raptors have some of the deepest pockets in the NBA and are on the way to putting a team together

They make the playoffs this year

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think people are giving indiana enough credit, and I think they like it that way. If Paul George and Danny Grainger can play together and david west returns to form, I dont think there is enough to stop them in the east. I cant stand them, hate the coach, but will watch more since Hansborough is gone.

New Jersey should need to average 110-115 per night because I dont see them stopping everybody and defense wins titles.

Bulls are the home team for me, dont like the chances Derrick is taking in the preseason, he is falling awkwardly and thinks he has gained 5" on his verticle. D, you got hurt coming down. I really wish the bulls would have found a way to deal Boozer. He has not played well with Derrick, still plays no D when he should be guarding centers. Reinsdork will not go over the cap to get the last pieces and I dont think Jimmy Buckets has enough offense to really take pressure away from Derrick. I know he does not take alot of attempts and has a good percentage, but if he only averages 7 shots a nite its not alot of point support.

I would rather see D and Kirk in the backcourt and penetrating from both sides and Butler clamp down on D as the 2 or the 3. its e

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto will be competitive with Kyle Lowry, Rudy Gay, Valenciunis and Derozan but I don't see them getting into the playoffs ahead of:

Miami, Brooklyn, Chicago, NY, Indiana, Detroit, Cleveland and Atlanta. One of those teams will have to sit it out and player for player, the Raptors don't have the pieces. Of course, that's why they play the games. Good luck. Word.