• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players for whom you would trade up

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Are there any players who are so valuable you would trade up to... say... no higher than 15 to get because you think they're going to absolutely dominate?

I'd trade up for Nick Perry or Poe one of 'em are there @ 20. I'd say Decastro too, but he looks like a lock in the top 12-15.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really like DeCastro but I can never see myself trading up for an OG in the first round.

Quite frankly I don't see too many mid first round prospects in this draft that I "gotta have". I'd rather stay and take on the guys that'll be available for us at 30. Maybe if a guy like Courtney Upshaw or Justin Blackmon fell far enough. Maybe Nick Perry.

I'd probably rather trade back. Especially if it's a first for next year's draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I love me some Konz, but I wouldn't trade up for him. I'd actually rather trade back for some of the guys I like in the 2nd & 3rd rounds:

Curry, Dwayne Allen, Fleener, Worthy, Brandon Thompson (those 2 might not be a 3-4 guys), Ta'amu, Zeitler, Osemele, Gilmore...

I'm also open to the possibility of staying put at 30 and taking Glenn, Hill, Mercilus, Branch, Janoris Jenkins

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Trade down not up

For the most part I echo that sentiment; but if some talents like Poe or Perry slide to the 20's I'd trade up in a second.

Maybe for Floyd too, but I actually like the former more than Floyd.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are a lot of good players later on the draft i'd like the 49ers to trade down and get some extra picks for next season.I still think we can get a decent wr/te early in the second round

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, no one for me. In this draft, I think there will be a ton of value in the 2nd round. Wish we had multiple picks in that round.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poe really impressed me today. He's going to be an early pick now IMO. I would trade up for Blackmon and maybe Upshaw. Upshaw hurt himself if anything today, so maybe he slides down a little further. I can't see either falling far enough to make it worth it to trade up, though. If Upshaw, DeCastro, Glenn, Poe, Floyd, and Perry are gone trading back seems like the best thing to do.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Upshaw, DeCastro, Glenn, Poe, Floyd, and Perry are gone trading back seems like the best thing to do.

No love for Konz or Jenkins? At 30?

I actually like Konz more than Glenn; and I like Glenn a lot.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, after i wrote that i had a feeling you were going to give me heat for not adding Konz. I would be okay with taking Konz in the first. I just don't think Center is as big of an issue as you do. If someone made us a good offer to move down and Konz was there, i would probably take it.

I like Jenkins, i just don't really expect him to be there for us. He's a guy i would be okay from a talent standpoint, but the more i hear about him and his personality, the more it concerns me.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I like Jenkins, i just don't really expect him to be there for us. He's a guy i would be okay from a talent standpoint, but the more i hear about him and his personality, the more it concerns me.

Same here. He's on a short list of players I'd want in the first round only because of the weakness of this draft, but I admit he'd be a huge risk. If Rogers re-signs for a reasonable price I wouldn't want him at all unless he slipped really far like the 40's or 50's.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. He's on a short list of players I'd want in the first round only because of the weakness of this draft, but I admit he'd be a huge risk. If Rogers re-signs for a reasonable price I wouldn't want him at all unless he slipped really far like the 40's or 50's.

Same here. I'm really hoping we retain Rogers at a decent price. Jenkins would definitely be hard to pass in the 2nd round. At that point i think it's worth it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really, really like DeCastro but I can never see myself trading up for an OG in the first round.

Quite frankly I don't see too many mid first round prospects in this draft that I "gotta have". I'd rather stay and take on the guys that'll be available for us at 30. Maybe if a guy like Courtney Upshaw or Justin Blackmon fell far enough. Maybe Nick Perry.

I'd probably rather trade back. Especially if it's a first for next year's draft.

just thinking this thru.......if we "trade back" for the purpose of obtaining a 1st rounder next season, wouldn't the trade be the 30th for a 2013 1st straight up?

don't think we would add an extra mid round pick this draft, maybe a late one?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down unless Perry or Poe fell in the 20's. I think Jenkins will be long gone even with his baggage. He's a trememdous talent and there are several teams in need of a corner.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, after i wrote that i had a feeling you were going to give me heat for not adding Konz. I would be okay with taking Konz in the first. I just don't think Center is as big of an issue as you do. If someone made us a good offer to move down and Konz was there, i would probably take it.

center is a big issue. we could use a couple guys on the offensive line to replace badwin and snyder.

we have a ton of needs and addressing any of them in the draft works. it isn't all about next year, but the next decade.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would have traded up only to get a stud 3-4 OLB.

But now that we have locked up Brooks, I would not trade up. There's probably more value to be had trading down, in terms of grabbing a WR, TE, RG, and Safety.