• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players for whom you would trade up

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
center is a big issue. we could use a couple guys on the offensive line to replace badwin and snyder.

we have a ton of needs and addressing any of them in the draft works. it isn't all about next year, but the next decade.

I think Kilgore has a shot to move into a starting role. It's possible we might have seen him challenging for a spot this year if we had actually had an offseason.

I can't agree that we have a ton of needs. Frankly, I think we are one of the more complete teams in the league. A lot hinges on FA still, but as of today - assuming the FAs all leave - our glaring needs are limited to S and CB on defense and WR on offense. That's not half bad. As with most teams, we could stand an upgrade at several spots, including interior OL and QB (obviously very unlikely) on offense, and depth along the DL and at OLB. But only three glaring needs, with at least one of those extremely likely to be filled by our own re-signed FA, is not bad at all.

Obviously I agree with the sentiment of building for the future, though it would be nice to get one or two instant-impact guys.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As for the thread, I don't have anyone at present, but I'm still just getting familiar with the prospects at this point. I don't generally like the thought of moving up at the cost of a pick in the first three rounds, though. If it's only a fourth or fifth, I'd consider it. But a second or third is just too valuable.

Out of curiosity, how would people feel about Wright if his poor 40-time causes him to drop into the 20s? Based on RGIII's comments, he's a guy we might target.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we pick Wright I'd be on board. He's boom/bust prospect that could easily flame out but he's definitely worth the risk where we're picking.

Personally don't think he's as risky a prospect compared to someone like Quinn from last year. He's a natural football talent. Even though he had a bad 40 time, guy's got game speed that shows up all over his highlights. He's a better option to me than the big slow alternatives like Sanu/Jeffrey.

Would be really nice to double up and get one of the other tall mid-round WR's. Even in the 3rd. This would be good for competition, help hedge the bet and they could easily end up being our #1 and #2.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kilgore has a shot to move into a starting role. It's possible we might have seen him challenging for a spot this year if we had actually had an offseason.

I can't agree that we have a ton of needs. Frankly, I think we are one of the more complete teams in the league. A lot hinges on FA still, but as of today - assuming the FAs all leave - our glaring needs are limited to S and CB on defense and WR on offense. That's not half bad. As with most teams, we could stand an upgrade at several spots, including interior OL and QB (obviously very unlikely) on offense, and depth along the DL and at OLB. But only three glaring needs, with at least one of those extremely likely to be filled by our own re-signed FA, is not bad at all.

Obviously I agree with the sentiment of building for the future, though it would be nice to get one or two instant-impact guys.

if glenn is there we take him. then if ben jones is there in the 3rd i wouldn't object to taking him either. if kilgore is capable of starting down the road, great, but if he couldnt beat of a useless rachel i'm not really considering him to be starter material

interior offensive line is maybe a bigger problem than wr. the reason why our run game was so bad in the red zone was because of this.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pick Wright I'd be on board. He's boom/bust prospect that could easily flame out but he's definitely worth the risk where we're picking.

Personally don't think he's as risky a prospect compared to someone like Quinn from last year. He's a natural football talent. Even though he had a bad 40 time, guy's got game speed that shows up all over his highlights. He's a better option to me than the big slow alternatives like Sanu/Jeffrey.

Would be really nice to double up and get one of the other tall mid-round WR's. Even in the 3rd. This would be good for competition, help hedge the bet and they could easily end up being our #1 and #2.

late 1st is a great place to get a starter or trade for extra picks. if the wr's arent that good, why even bother? just sign bodies instead of wasting draft picks on mediocre wr's.

good drafting = more cap flexibility in the future

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if glenn is there we take him. then if ben jones is there in the 3rd i wouldn't object to taking him either. if kilgore is capable of starting down the road, great, but if he couldnt beat of a useless rachel i'm not really considering him to be starter material

interior offensive line is maybe a bigger problem than wr. the reason why our run game was so bad in the red zone was because of this.

He may not be, but how many rookie interior OL started and played well this year? Pouncey and Wisnewski are the only ones I can think of. Danny Watkins was spotty at best. John Moffit was very shaky before the injury. Not sure who else got all that much PT.

I'm very willing to address interior OL if there is value there in the draft, but I don't consider it a huge need right now. And as said, in general I think the team is pretty darn complete by NFL standards.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be, but how many rookie interior OL started and played well this year? Pouncey and Wisnewski are the only ones I can think of. Danny Watkins was spotty at best. John Moffit was very shaky before the injury. Not sure who else got all that much PT.

I'm very willing to address interior OL if there is value there in the draft, but I don't consider it a huge need right now. And as said, in general I think the team is pretty darn complete by NFL standards.

Crimson, you didn't happen to have killed MW49er5, did you? Haven't seen him for awhile.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marcus Cannon?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Marcus Cannon?

Ouch! That's a name that hurts to see, like BJ Raji, where the Niners didn't really have the pick to spend on him (unless they passed on Hunter), but I really really really wanted him. :(

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
late 1st is a great place to get a starter or trade for extra picks. if the wr's arent that good, why even bother? just sign bodies instead of wasting draft picks on mediocre wr's.

good drafting = more cap flexibility in the future

good drafting makes everything easier.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Now that Brooks is re-signed I wouldn't trade up for Perry. I'd take him in a second if he's there at 30 for some crazy reason, but he probably won't be.

So the only player for whom I'd trade up at this point is Poe. Maybe Floyd, but not sure 'cause he acted like a moron in college.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Brooks is re-signed I wouldn't trade up for Perry. I'd take him in a second if he's there at 30 for some crazy reason, but he probably won't be.

So the only player for whom I'd trade up at this point is Poe. Maybe Floyd, but not sure 'cause he acted like a moron in college.

Those are 2 players i would possibly be willing to trade up for (if they fell far enough for it to be worth it). I think Poe may be a top 10 pick now. Floyd could go really early just because of the shortage of top tier WR's this year. No way he gets past the Texans.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much did Cannon play last year?

He played 168 snaps this season according to PFF. I found another article of theirs that said prior to December 27th he had only played in 58 snaps. And of much smaller significance, their game grade on him in week 16 against Miami where he came in early in the game and filled in for an injured Logan Mankins, his game grade was a negative 2.3.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He played 168 snaps this season according to PFF. I found another article of theirs that said prior to December 27th he had only played in 58 snaps. And of much smaller significance, their game grade on him in week 16 against Miami where he came in early in the game and filled in for an injured Logan Mankins, his game grade was a negative 2.3.

Thanks the info, Chris. Obviously RG is a big problem for us, and it's somewhat strange they would continue to go with Snyder if Kilgore was looking all that good. That said, you don't mess with a good thing, and Snyder if nothing else is a heady player and stabilizing influence on Davis. I think Snyder was out there for Davis as much as he was out there in his own right. Davis and Rachal next to one another were an absolute disaster. A big part of why I think Sick's Rachal-to-center idea is insane.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks the info, Chris. Obviously RG is a big problem for us, and it's somewhat strange they would continue to go with Snyder if Kilgore was looking all that good. That said, you don't mess with a good thing, and Snyder if nothing else is a heady player and stabilizing influence on Davis. I think Snyder was out there for Davis as much as he was out there in his own right. Davis and Rachal next to one another were an absolute disaster. A big part of why I think Sick's Rachal-to-center idea is insane.

chilo to center? how is this guy suppose to make proper line calls?