• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering what the hold up is on resigning DLaw. This is one where I think the player has every right to be pissed, and I wouldn't blame him at all if he didn't show up until week 1

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering what the hold up is on resigning DLaw. This is one where I think the player has every right to be pissed, and I wouldn't blame him at all if he didn't show up until week 1
There is no hurry. He isn't gong anywhere. I'll start to worry around July 1st if nothing has happened

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys are stuck on their number, they know what DLaws camp wants and won't budge. Dak and Zeke are more important to get locked down than DLaw. If he doesn't see it that way, he can leave next year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys are stuck on their number, they know what DLaws camp wants and won't budge. Dak and Zeke are more important to get locked down than DLaw. If he doesn't see it that way, he can leave next year.
I couldn't disagree more. DLaw is top 3 at his position, a position where he should remain a good player for another 7-8 years. Zeke is top 3 at his position, but will only be a top guy for another 4-5 years, and RB is the easiest position to find production. Who is the Patriots RB the last 20 years? As to Dak, no doubt he is currently the biggest bargain in the league, but if he goes past $25 million, he goes to the other end of the spectrum

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no hurry. He isn't gong anywhere. I'll start to worry around July 1st if nothing has happened
the problem is DLaw needs surgery on his shoulder and won't have it till he signs. Rehab is 3 to 4 months.
We need him signed by late April

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is DLaw needs surgery on his shoulder and won't have it till he signs. Rehab is 3 to 4 months.
Sure do. That surgery needs to happen ASAP.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tendered him, so we can continue to negotiate a contract. Instead of trying to suddenly come to terms when you had to fran tag or not.
Now we got until jun. 15th I think. I don't see him having to worry about playing under the tag. Just a matter of coming to an agreement on the contract.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the DLaw camp is wanting 20-24M a year and the Cowboys are wanting 17-18M

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the DLaw camp is wanting 20-24M a year and the Cowboys are wanting 17-18M
I read last year his camp wanted 17M per year. If it has jumped to 20m, then I don't see DLaw staying a Cowboy. If 18 is more their number, which I feel it might be, I think it won't take long to strike up that contract. But, I can tell you this, DLaws money WILL NOT get in Jerry's way of keeping Zeke and Dak here for life.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree. He is a good player and would have made some sense at Dallas, but I like the idea of the Eagles spending $10M on a position where they are already strong. They have bigger problems than this and limited $'s to spend. I think this was a bad move by Philly. It's not like they got him for a bargain or anything. I'm not sure he is even worth that salary on a team that has a weakness that he fills, let alone for Philly.

That’s good news for us. You didn’t like the Brandon Brooks signing and he turned into a top 5 guard and better then Osmele. Keep the criticism coming brother Jarntt!
We aren’t really strong at DT besides Cox by the way.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear that and don't understand why he is waiting to have the surgery until after he signs if he needs it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s good news for us. You didn’t like the Brandon Brooks signing and he turned into a top 5 guard and better then Osmele. Keep the criticism coming brother Jarntt!
I also didn't like Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith or Nolan Carroll

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. This team without D Law has almost no shot of making the playoffs. Our pass rush would be horrendous and he plays the run. This team without Zeke could make the playoffs IMO as long as they brought in another RB and didn't go with just Rod Smith/Alfred Morris types. I wouldn't be shocked if Zeke is gone after being tagged once or twice. By that time he'll have a lot of tread on those tires.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have signed Sheldon Richardson instead.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. This team without D Law has almost no shot of making the playoffs. Our pass rush would be horrendous and he plays the run. This team without Zeke could make the playoffs IMO as long as they brought in another RB and didn't go with just Rod Smith/Alfred Morris types. I wouldn't be shocked if Zeke is gone after being tagged once or twice. By that time he'll have a lot of tread on those tires.
To be clear, DLaw will be in Dallas in 2019. Next year he is free to go if he thinks he's on Mack/Donald/Miller level.
Also, Zeke being the focal point of the offence takes pressure off Dak. When anyone else is in that backfield, we tend to play uphill. Everyone's job gets harder. If you replace Zeke, it better be with another Zeke.
It is time to draft DE again, what are the odds they double dip to put some depth behind DLaw just in time for contract negotiations? It is a decent crop this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, DLaw will be in Dallas in 2019. Next year he is free to go if he thinks he's on Mack/Donald/Miller level.
Also, Zeke being the focal point of the offence takes pressure off Dak. When anyone else is in that backfield, we tend to play uphill. Everyone's job gets harder. If you replace Zeke, it better be with another Zeke.
It is time to draft DE again, what are the odds they double dip to put some depth behind DLaw just in time for contract negotiations? It is a decent crop this year.
We wouldn't be finding another Zeke, but perhaps someone almost as good. I think with a healthy OL we can get by without Zeke. Will it be harder? Hell yeah. Do I want it to happen? Hell no, but our defense without Tank takes a bigger hit in my eyes. You just can't win in the NFL without a pass rush. I agree that they definitely bring in some DL help whether via the draft, FA or both. I've always felt that DL can come in immediately in the draft and contribute. Even if they aren't ready for a FT role they can rotate in.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear that and don't understand why he is waiting to have the surgery until after he signs if he needs it.
Making the Case: The reason to get this done sooner than later hinges on D-Law’s need to get surgery to repair a torn labrum. Reports have suggested Lawrence is waiting to sign a contract, which means the longer he waits to have the surgery, the possibility looms that he could miss parts of the season. That alone should have the two sides working together to resolve this matter.
FA Forecast: D-Law’s Contract Sooner or Later?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Foles contract should set the market for Daks deal. 4 years $88 million for SB winner from same division signed to be a starter. Guy is under 30. $22 million per

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the question is. How much you willing to pay him?

He was wanting 23-24 mil a year. No clue on guaranteed.

What I read the boys are at about 18-19 right now.
tag is 20.5 or something.
If we could get him around that price for 4 real years. Be great. Are we willing to pay him QB money long term though?
24 is pretty steep. 100+ contract most likely.
I am curious how this pans out.