• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in a minority here, but I feel we would get more out of our slot position if we had a big target. This would help in the run game as well to get a bigger body on a defender. Yes a small quick guy has advantages in the pass game, but we usually ran Beasley off the field when it was time to run. This would also keep us from having to rely so much on 3 TE sets.

Good news is that if Hurns returns at 100% as is expected, his experience in the slot at JAX may well solve that problem internally.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that if Hurns returns at 100% as is expected, his experience in the slot at JAX may well solve that problem internally.
I expected an uphill battle for Hurns to make the team even before the injury. Many are calling for Lee to be cut to save $7M. Well, We can save $5M by cutting Hurns. I feel bad for him with that gruesome injury, but I'm not sure that he is the best use of $5M in cap dollars.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected an uphill battle for Hurns to make the team even before the injury. Many are calling for Lee to be cut to save $7M. Well, We can save $5M by cutting Hurns. I feel bad for him with that gruesome injury, but I'm not sure that he is the best use of $5M in cap dollars.

He certainly wasn’t this past season was he...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him the best but it’s time to move on from Hurns

Reactions: GNG

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experiment over with him. and man that snap on the ankle was nasty.

I am still in the keeping Beasley camp personally.
I am all for keeping Beasley. Just dont see it happening. Think he will go for best offer, which wont be us. Which may not be necessarily more money, but maybe offer of more playing time. Which again. Wont be us.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all for keeping it comfortable for Dak. Bease was his security blanket for the past three years.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett needs to feel some heat. There should be urgency for 2019, need some type of flashing point for him. He's too stoic on the sideline. Being calm is good, it brings self confidence to the team. But being so far removed from everything going on and letting the other coaches seemingly do everything is why he is on the hot seat. Coach clap isn't an endearing moniker, and I hope he is aware of his shortcomings as a coach. With a brand new QB coach and a 29 year young OC that has never called plays on any level of ball, he is going to need to be coach communicator from here on out. Somewhere in this mess Dak is supposed to develop into the QB we all hope he becomes. Buckle up, it's going to be a rough ride.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garrett - C - Cowboys
ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys will not extend coach Jason Garrett's contract heading into the final year of his deal in 2019.

The Clapper is officially on the hottest seat of his long, strange Cowboys coaching career. Garrett has had nine lives, but owner Jerry Jones must finally be tiring of the routine. Garrett will be trying to save his job in 2019 with rookie assistants on offense in Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna. We would say we don't like Garrett's odds, but this would typically be when he pulls a 12-4 season out of his hat.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys will not extend coach Jason Garrett's contract heading into the final year of his deal in 2019.

The Clapper is officially on the hottest seat of his long, strange Cowboys coaching career. Garrett has had nine lives, but owner Jerry Jones must finally be tiring of the routine. Garrett will be trying to save his job in 2019 with rookie assistants on offense in Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna. We would say we don't like Garrett's odds, but this would typically be when he pulls a 12-4 season out of his hat.
While none of these decisions have made me happy.
All I have heard is JG is a smart sumbitch. So if I want to look at the bright side. he wants to save his job & picked an OC of Moore. gives me pause & a little hope. (or desperation)
As far as Kitna. I was always cool one way or the other on that hire.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett not being extended tells me one thing..anything short of the NFCCG next year and Kris Richard is the Head Coach in 2020
I agree and I doubt we get that far. This past season it was Garrett's fault the team started 3-5. Garrett is atrocious at making adjustments.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could get the team to 12-4. He has a few times. Those two times the team lost in divisional which is not good

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I doubt we get that far. This past season it was Garrett's fault the team started 3-5. Garrett is atrocious at making adjustments.
The one thing I can't agree on is when we blame one person for the bad and then don't give them credit for the good. So IMO if we blame Garrett for 3-5 we need to give him credit for winning the division with a flawed team and also winning a playoff game. Personally I think extending Garrett right now would be a horrible mistake and am very glad that we are making him earn his next contract via a good season, but I still have to give him some of the credit for how this team finished even if it may have been somewhat in spite of him and his coaching staff.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I can't agree on is when we blame one person for the bad and then don't give them credit for the good. So IMO if we blame Garrett for 3-5 we need to give him credit for winning the division with a flawed team and also winning a playoff game. Personally I think extending Garrett right now would be a horrible mistake and am very glad that we are making him earn his next contract via a good season, but I still have to give him some of the credit for how this team finished even if it may have been somewhat in spite of him and his coaching staff.
You are probably right about garrett not being the only reason the cowboys started 3-5. I will say the cowboys lost the overtime game to the Texans when they punted the ball instead of going for it on 4th down. Too me garrett should have realized the defense was having a bad game and likely would not come up with a stop.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right about garrett not being the only reason the cowboys started 3-5. I will say the cowboys lost the overtime game to the Texans when they punted the ball instead of going for it on 4th down. Too me garrett should have realized the defense was having a bad game and likely would not come up with a stop.
Yes, he has shown some warts that have cost us for sure

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No brainer. Could even be our starting LG:
Report: Cowboys plan on picking up Joe Looney’s option even as Travis Frederick returns to health

Torn on this one. I guess if Beasley is gone it makes some sense, but I probably would not pick up the option on Hurns. Disclaimer I think he has a lot more to give than they asked of him and I think they wasted him so if there is a desire to get him more involved I think this could pay off for us.
Report: Cowboys expected to pick up WR Allen Hurns option for 2019