• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think he played well. Like I said he missed a couple of throws but he was playing with backups, had no real running game and put up what would have been almost a 300 yard game over a full 4 Qtrs. Plus he had some guys drop passes that could have been caught. :noidea:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing. I would like to convey to Weber & any RBs really.
when you are inches from a 1st down & the team has you run up the middle. Dont stutter step in the backfield like you are looking for a way to make a 60 yd run. Go get your damn inches!!!

Dont remember which side Maher was missing FGs from last year, but looking at this game.
They should set maher up on the left hash mark (until we find a replacement)
He missed to the right & even the FGs he made were just inside the right post. The one he made more to the middle of the goalposts were from the left side. He doesnt ever seem to pull the ball to the left. Either fairly straight or to the right.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cccc
Well I didnt see anything worthy from the Cowboys this 1st preseason game. If it wasnt for the niners being their own worst enemy it would have been a blowout.
Not a big deal since it is just the 1st preseason game.

Only thing interesting to me on the cowboys side is #81.
He seems to run good routes & get open but his hands are questionable. otherwise he would be a great find.

I am not even sure Mike White even makes it to week 1 by looking at tonight.
No pocket presence, keeps throwing crappy passes in a short range & keeps not seeing the open guy. he was pretty horrible tonight.

on the niners side. I liked Walter & Hurd.
Mullens will be the back up & CJ beathard seemed shitty.

Right now I would say Rush is our back up, which means we might actually want to find another QB to bring in to push him. I dont see White getting it done. if Dak goes down season is over.

Hurds parents live about 10 minutes from me. He rushed for about 300 yards one night against our high school. Went to Tennessee and had a 1300 yard season even though splitting time with Alvin Kamara. Transferred to Baylor and focused on becoming a WR. He will be a match up nightmare.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup QB, K and Jeff Heath are the glaring weaknesses. And not having Zeke. This team will have all kinds of trouble scoring points without him. Pollard can be a heck of a change of pace, but I don't see him holding up to a full load. Weber could be a #3.
Rush still has a noodle and White was confused by vanilla preseason defenses. Doubt we could win a game with either guy
Maher will cost us 2-3 games if he is the kicker
Would have to kick the tires on Eric Berry on a one year deal. A one year contract would have zero bearing on any of the long-term deals

Positives.. Blake Jarwin...this kid is gonna have a breakout season
Dak..just one series, but he looks really confident and in command. Once Zeke gets back, I expect Dak to have a career year.
Year 2 for Kris Richard defense. You could really see how agressive this secondary was going for the football

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vedvick to Vikings. Didn't know he also is an NFL caliber punter. I wonder if Bailey retires.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why retire when Dallas needs him back?
Sadly he could be one of the only kickers Maher was better than last year. Maybe he still wasn't healthy last year and now is?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to read you guys say that. I've been very down on Taco and felt Gregory's suspension and Quinn's issues were his only chance to make the team. But, I thought last night Taco played well. More penetration than in the past. I think he was held on a big penalty too. I thought he showed a better motor and more consistent effort. The guy is good against the run. I know that isn't sexy for a 1st rounder but if he gets some pressure like he did last night he not only makes the team he plays a lot IMHO. I may have to re-watch as it seems I'm in the minority on this one

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to read you guys say that. I've been very down on Taco and felt Gregory's suspension and Quinn's issues were his only chance to make the team. But, I thought last night Taco played well. More penetration than in the past. I think he was held on a big penalty too. I thought he showed a better motor and more consistent effort. The guy is good against the run. I know that isn't sexy for a 1st rounder but if he gets some pressure like he did last night he not only makes the team he plays a lot IMHO. I may have to re-watch as it seems I'm in the minority on this one
Not like he was spectacular or anything. But he did cause a couple holding penalties. Which is almost as good as a sack. I cant bag on his performance this weekend. he did fine.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought he looked good. 49ers played 2 QBs last night that have both played well in real games. I always thought Beathard was bad, but one Monday night last year he was letting it fly. May have been against the Packers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like he was spectacular or anything. But he did cause a couple holding penalties. Which is almost as good as a sack. I cant bag on his performance this weekend. he did fine.
Agree. I'm not saying he looked spectacular at all or like he will be a great player this year but I think we all know that isn't likely to ever happen. Fans need to forget that he was a 1st round pick and simply decide if the team is better with him or without him. I kind of like him and Hyder playing early downs and Quinn/Gregory/Armstrong playing more in pass rushing situations. Coach Rod wants to build a rotation and I think he can help as a #4/5/6 guy. DE looks like it could be a real strength because the young kids look like they aren't just here to learn, but to take someone's job. If that means Taco is done here, I'm fine with it, but if he plays like he did Sat night I think he makes the team.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose I hoped to see a little more dominant approach to his game based on the level of opponent he was up against. I may have overlooked the consistency in searching for some “pop”. I should probably rewatch myself.