• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this game tonight. In theory the Cowboys have great depth and should do well tonight. My concern is our back up QB situation. Cooper Rush has a noodle arm and White has done nothing yet to stand out. Guys I want to see tonight are the two Jacksons from Miami. I also want to see what Wilson,Armstrong,Pollard and the rookies. I really do think that Armstrong was a steal and so was Joe Jackson. I think they can get it done at the NFL level.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys I want to see tonight. Always love watching the new guys I haven't seen and all of the guys fighting for PT and roster spots. But I want to see Pollard so much more than any other player. I hope he gets like 10 touches, runs some patterns and gets the ball out in space a couple of times. I am just so excited to see what this kid has. I feel like it's going to be a let down because of how high my hopes are for him right now. I'd love to see us run plays this year where he and Austin are on opposite sides of the field in the slot (or maybe even start in the backfield and move to the slot pre-snap to carry a LB or safety) and both runs those Beasley type "pick you side" patterns and just let them use their quickness and let Dak hit whichever is open.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Frederick plays. Would love to see him look like himself already. Almost a lock to win comeback player of the year if he stays healthy and plays like he did pre-illness.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
44 years old. Coming off of an injury. Doesn't kick off.

I'll pass.
He was 43 last year, made over 95% of his kicks and was 4-5 over 50 yards. The last 3 years he is over 90% and 18-22 over 50. Did he just get old this offseason?

"Coming off an injury": I thought his injury was in the middle of the year because he finished the season. Is he injured now or at the end of the season? I didn't hear that. But coming off injury for a kicker is not exactly a worry even if he is as long as he is healthy.

Good kickers win games. Bad kickers lose games. This team isn't scoring 30 PPG and has struggled in the red zone. We need to make our kicks or we will not make the playoffs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 43 last year, made over 95% of his kicks and was 4-5 over 50 yards. The last 3 years he is over 90% and 18-22 over 50. Did he just get old this offseason?

"Coming off an injury": I thought his injury was in the middle of the year because he finished the season. Is he injured now or at the end of the season? I didn't hear that. But coming off injury for a kicker is not exactly a worry even if he is as long as he is healthy.

Good kickers win games. Bad kickers lose games. This team isn't scoring 30 PPG and has struggled in the red zone. We need to make our kicks or we will not make the playoffs.
1. Fact is he's 44 and not getting younger.
2. Injuries are harder to recover from as you get old. (See point 1.)
3. He doesn't kick off, so unless another player (Heath maybe) can kick off you'd have to burn two roster spots on kickers.

I'll pass and look elsewhere.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Heath still sucks.......

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taco still not showing he was worth a pick where we got him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maher misses a 35 yarder.........too inconsistent from 30-40. Need a kicker

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The back up O-line guys here in the 2nd half are getting mauled

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 penalties so far on the 49ers. They are killing themselves.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didnt see anything worthy from the Cowboys this 1st preseason game. If it wasnt for the niners being their own worst enemy it would have been a blowout.
Not a big deal since it is just the 1st preseason game.

Only thing interesting to me on the cowboys side is #81.
He seems to run good routes & get open but his hands are questionable. otherwise he would be a great find.

I am not even sure Mike White even makes it to week 1 by looking at tonight.
No pocket presence, keeps throwing crappy passes in a short range & keeps not seeing the open guy. he was pretty horrible tonight.

on the niners side. I liked Walter & Hurd.
Mullens will be the back up & CJ beathard seemed shitty.

Right now I would say Rush is our back up, which means we might actually want to find another QB to bring in to push him. I dont see White getting it done. if Dak goes down season is over.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney and Sua were out there for most of the 2nd half, not sure if either of them were the ones getting beat like a drum. I was too distracted to watch very close.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney and Sua were out there for most of the 2nd half, not sure if either of them were the ones getting beat like a drum. I was too distracted to watch very close.
Glade it was first preseason game. Most of back--ups were awful. We do need a back--up QB. Did we change the OC?? Looked more of same in Redzone.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The back up O-line guys here in the 2nd half are getting mauled
Hyatt was the one getting beat like a drum. He is undrafted and not an NFL caliber player IMO. Just awful.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts looking back to last night. It's week 1 of preseason so nothing matters much, but that's all we have right now so...

First team Offense and defense looked really good in their short time out there and none were hurt. Everything below takes a back seat

Second Team DL played really well. Second team OL did not. Backup LBers are just not any good - not just based on last night. Backup DBs always seem to get lost when playing zone and backup LBers look like they don't have a clue who to cover. I never got the March-Lillard talk. He always seems to play poorly and Covington (LB) about the same. I hope Gifford isn't hurt bad. Read a lot of good things about him and want to see more of him. Hopefully he can win that last spot over the other two.

DL played well. Was happy to see the effort from Taco. But the DEs got sucked in like 10 times and didn't hold the edge. Walker flashed a couple of times. The one guy who looked off was Hill. Doesn't look like he is ready to start. Hope to see him play better in the next 3 games. Excited about his potential and hoping he gets off to a decent start because of the safeties we passed over to take him. Unfair to him that he'll be compared to guys that will be starting and also to how Heath performs. Saw his quickness on one play

Rush missed a couple of throws but played well. White looked bad. I get it that the pressure was worse but he looked uncomfortable, made bad decisions and just didn't have a good night. One preseason game won't decide which makes the team but Rush was apparently already ahead and this moved him much further ahead IMO. I'm just hoping at least one of them looks good and gives us confidence going into the year.

Jon'vea Johnson was open a lot, but continues to drop balls in real game situations. He isn't making the team if he keeps that up. Wilson looked good and Devin Smith got open. Jarwin is going to make plays for this team. He seems to get open on that seam route a lot and that could be a big play for us if the running game is going well and the safeties have their eyes in the backfield.

Can't judge Moore on last night as he isn't going to show too much in preseason. Was funny that the first passing play of the game, the WRs ran curls. Even worse was the same stupid deep, slow handoff on 2nd and inches that lost 2 yards.:doh:

Cam Fleming just doesn't seem to play as well as he reputation says he should. Was very disappointed in Hyatt. From what you hear he was a guy that can make the 53 but he was horrible. With the T Smith health factor and Collins FA after the year it would be great to have another OT step up in case Williams stays at Guard or doesn't improve.

Maher...tick tock tick tock...this is probably the one spot where preseason absolutely matters and will cost a guy his job if he doesn't play well.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Gifford 57 on defense looked good till his ankle sprain
Pollard looked good for no more than he was in the game
White looked like he was lost
Hyatt did himself no favors at all
Overall a poor outing from the boys I was really disappointed in the FG kicker and the non touchdowns we got
Moore’s offense looked vanilla just like I thought it would this time of year
JMHO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts looking back to last night. It's week 1 of preseason so nothing matters much, but that's all we have right now so...

First team Offense and defense looked really good in their short time out there and none were hurt. Everything below takes a back seat

Second Team DL played really well. Second team OL did not. Backup LBers are just not any good - not just based on last night. Backup DBs always seem to get lost when playing zone and backup LBers look like they don't have a clue who to cover. I never got the March-Lillard talk. He always seems to play poorly and Covington (LB) about the same. I hope Gifford isn't hurt bad. Read a lot of good things about him and want to see more of him. Hopefully he can win that last spot over the other two.

DL played well. Was happy to see the effort from Taco. But the DEs got sucked in like 10 times and didn't hold the edge. Walker flashed a couple of times. The one guy who looked off was Hill. Doesn't look like he is ready to start. Hope to see him play better in the next 3 games. Excited about his potential and hoping he gets off to a decent start because of the safeties we passed over to take him. Unfair to him that he'll be compared to guys that will be starting and also to how Heath performs. Saw his quickness on one play

Rush missed a couple of throws but played well. White looked bad. I get it that the pressure was worse but he looked uncomfortable, made bad decisions and just didn't have a good night. One preseason game won't decide which makes the team but Rush was apparently already ahead and this moved him much further ahead IMO. I'm just hoping at least one of them looks good and gives us confidence going into the year.

Jon'vea Johnson was open a lot, but continues to drop balls in real game situations. He isn't making the team if he keeps that up. Wilson looked good and Devin Smith got open. Jarwin is going to make plays for this team. He seems to get open on that seam route a lot and that could be a big play for us if the running game is going well and the safeties have their eyes in the backfield.

Can't judge Moore on last night as he isn't going to show too much in preseason. Was funny that the first passing play of the game, the WRs ran curls. Even worse was the same stupid deep, slow handoff on 2nd and inches that lost 2 yards.:doh:

Cam Fleming just doesn't seem to play as well as he reputation says he should. Was very disappointed in Hyatt. From what you hear he was a guy that can make the 53 but he was horrible. With the T Smith health factor and Collins FA after the year it would be great to have another OT step up in case Williams stays at Guard or doesn't improve.

Maher...tick tock tick tock...this is probably the one spot where preseason absolutely matters and will cost a guy his job if he doesn't play well.
If you think Cooper rush played well, we are in trouble unless you are just camparing him to White. LOL