• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without zeke, we aint winning!!! Pay the man!!! How did we do when he was suspended??
3-3....IMO, it woulda been 5-1, very least 4-2 if our left tackle didn't miss 2 1/2 of those losses.

pay the man within reason is fine by me, but you can't ignore the overall cap and his off the field issues should factor in

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3....IMO, it woulda been 5-1, very least 4-2 if our left tackle didn't miss 2 1/2 of those losses.

pay the man within reason is fine by me, but you can't ignore the overall cap and his off the field issues should factor in
Totaly agree with you. That has to be factored in to new contract.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is pissing me off is..the cowboys know they have to lock up the QB etc..what are they waiting on?? Eagles locked up their injury riddled QB. Lock Dak up, if you feel, as you have said, he is your long term future.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is pissing me off is..the cowboys know they have to lock up the QB etc..what are they waiting on?? Eagles locked up their injury riddled QB. Lock Dak up, if you feel, as you have said, he is your long term future.
Yeah, it is like WTF are they doing right? Cowboys are not going to find an upgrade over dak very easily at all. There are just only a handful of great QBs in the league and they are under contract. Finding a franchise QB in the draft is very hard, just look how many picks the Browns wasted on QBs before they finally found one. Just get the fucking deal done for christ sakes

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree and zekes off field stuff would make any team hesitate. Zeke is a strike away from getting a long suspension If he keeps it up

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Schultz bulked up and looks like he is blocking really well in camp. That is fantastic news for this team. Gives us 3 TEs that should play a lot and contribute and if we have a good blocker there is no need to consider a 4th which probably adds another WR or OL/DL.

Also, good luck to Swaim. Looks like he could be starting:

1010 XL's Hays Carlyon reports TE Geoff Swaim is Jacksonville's "unquestioned starter."
Signed to a two-year, $6.6 million contract in March, Swaim's only competition at the position is arguably third-round rookie Josh Oliver, who recently suffered a "significant" hamstring injury in camp. Jacksonville dealt with numerous injuries to their tight ends last season, but could simply lean on the 28-year-old free agent acquisition this upcoming year if he's able to stay healthy. Swaim ended last year on injured reserve (wrist surgery), but not before he logged career-highs in targets (32), catches (26), receiving yards (242), and touchdowns (1).

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after Jerry went out of his way to say the Cowboys were signing Dak to a long term deal. It's not going to get any cheaper

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying just write the check Dak wants and call it good?
The CANNOT sign all upcoming contracts already, if you simply sign Dak, Coop, and Zeke to contracts they are asking for, you more than likely cut your roster deeper than your going to have to do already.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry isn't the only owner to say this about their players.
No he isn't. I think they may extend Dak 4-5 years, knowing they will probably have to extend him every couple of years, convert his salary to cap space, and clear room for each new batch of signings. They can create enough space to keep everyone they want to. I saw where they could create $50 million in cap space after the season without losing a starter. Amari already has a high cap figure, I would imagine Dak has a little higher number this season since they still have some space, and a low number the next couple of years.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't. I think they may extend Dak 4-5 years, knowing they will probably have to extend him every couple of years, convert his salary to cap space, and clear room for each new batch of signings. They can create enough space to keep everyone they want to. I saw where they could create $50 million in cap space after the season without losing a starter. Amari already has a high cap figure, I would imagine Dak has a little higher number this season since they still have some space, and a low number the next couple of years.
So go down the same route they went with Romo?
Also, just Dak or Zeke and Coop too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So go down the same route they went with Romo?
Also, just Dak or Zeke and Coop too.
Yep, same path ..best chance to win a Super Bowl(s). Zeke..id give him a 6 year deal with high back end numbers I could get out of after year 4. Same for Coop. They depend on athleticism, short shelf life. Dak should be good another 10-12 years

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, same path ..best chance to win a Super Bowl(s). Zeke..id give him a 6 year deal with high back end numbers I could get out of after year 4. Same for Coop. They depend on athleticism, short shelf life. Dak should be good another 10-12 years
Then ditto on next year and the year following?
I understand what you're saying and yes I could see it working, but eventually the bill comes due. Dallas isn't cheap and they will freely spend but with the amount of guys coming up on contracts I think they are better off trying the team friendly approach a first and try to get as many players as they can to buy into it. If they fork out money now the next wave will want their max and so on.

If they didn't have so many deserving guy due soon, maybe these three are already done.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then ditto on next year and the year following?
I understand what you're saying and yes I could see it working, but eventually the bill comes due. Dallas isn't cheap and they will freely spend but with the amount of guys coming up on contracts I think they are better off trying the team friendly approach a first and try to get as many players as they can to buy into it. If they fork out money now the next wave will want their max and so on.

If they didn't have so many deserving guy due soon, maybe these three are already done.
I'd go back to cap Hell for another ring or two..and in truth, the way this team drafts now, I don't worry about that as much. Dallas used to be a laughing stock in the draft. Now they are the best on the NFL

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go back to cap Hell for another ring or two..and in truth, the way this team drafts now, I don't worry about that as much. Dallas used to be a laughing stock in the draft. Now they are the best on the NFL
I prefer to stay the course and win multiple SBs by keeping more players than just a handful.

I wish teams could offer all 2nd contract players an equal percentage of the remaining cap space yearly. If players knew the team wasn't going to hold back any money, they might be a little more willing to go team friendly.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying just write the check Dak wants and call it good?
The CANNOT sign all upcoming contracts already, if you simply sign Dak, Coop, and Zeke to contracts they are asking for, you more than likely cut your roster deeper than your going to have to do already.
No , they should have had this shit already figured out. Jerry was the one running his mouth for a year saying we have our franchise QB and would get it done.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No , they should have had this shit already figured out. Jerry was the one running his mouth for a year saying we have our franchise QB and would get it done.
Again, every team says this. I guess it's their way of convincing players they are wanted.

Jerry and the Cowboys are not alone here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to stay the course and win multiple SBs by keeping more players than just a handful.

I wish teams could offer all 2nd contract players an equal percentage of the remaining cap space yearly. If players knew the team wasn't going to hold back any money, they might be a little more willing to go team friendly.
IMO, the NFL salary cap is just a crutch for the owners. Jerry Jones is literally printing money. He could push contracts out for 15 years before cap Hell. I'll probably be dead by then so fuck it, let's go for it now
:wash:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the NFL salary cap is just a crutch for the owners. Jerry Jones is literally printing money. He could push contracts out for 15 years before cap Hell. I'll probably be dead by then so fuck it, let's go for it now
:wash:
If there were no cap, yes Jerry would already be paying these three. Unfortunately there is a cap the team has to work in.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were no cap, yes Jerry would already be paying these three. Unfortunately there is a cap the team has to work in.
They have to be cap conscious of course, but they can create all the space they want. They may lose good players like La'el Collins or Robert Quinn or Ty Crawford next season, but no reason to lose pro bowlers