• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. I wanted to draft Quinn and wanted to pursue him more than once when his availability came up, but I'm not so sure he is a starting caliber player in 2019. If we are going to pay him even half his salary and give up a pick I'd rather pass. There are free agents out there that won't cost a draft pick.
Well do you feel that Taco is ready as a starter or Hyder because that's our depth on the right side with DLaw and Tyrone on the left. I don't see any draft DE at 58 that is going to be ready to step in and there are not many FA DE left that I see as starters. Quinn makes sense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't have any trouble beating out Taco
It's not just beating out Taco. Quinn is not the player he once was. He will be a year older and Taco and Armstrong will be a year more experienced and I suspect we go DL with our first pick. I don't know what the plans are for the kid from Det either and if he is the player he was in 2016 when healthy or where they even see him playing. I see Quinn as a pass rusher on this team, not an every down player and I don't see him starting. Even with Quinn, I suspect Crawford is our starting DE opposite Tank.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I would like to see Quinn here as long as we don't pay a lot of his contract. I'll use the same reasoning I did with ET. The money you spend on Cobb and Quinn for one year rentals could give you Berry. Which helps this team more? I could see going either way. But I think Quinn would help this team a lot in the pass rush department and that's why I would like to see him here so I'm all for bringing him in. Just don't expect the guy that got like 20 sacks one year and I'd play him mostly in passing situations and let him do what he does best

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I would like to see Quinn here as long as we don't pay a lot of his contract. I'll use the same reasoning I did with ET. The money you spend on Cobb and Quinn for one year rentals could give you Berry. Which helps this team more? I could see going either way. But I think Quinn would help this team a lot in the pass rush department and that's why I would like to see him here so I'm all for bringing him in. Just don't expect the guy that got like 20 sacks one year and I'd play him mostly in passing situations and let him do what he does best
a solid passrush that puts more pressure on the QB is more valuable

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a solid passrush that puts more pressure on the QB is more valuable
Sure, if the players are equal. But if Dallas signs Berry it's because they think he is going to be healthy and a healthy Berry is an absolute Superstar. Quinn is hopefully a good player. No comparison between the two.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, if the players are equal. But if Dallas signs Berry it's because they think he is going to be healthy and a healthy Berry is an absolute Superstar. Quinn is hopefully a good player. No comparison between the two.
without Gregory and now possibly Crawford our pass rush which was barely adequate in 2018 will suck even more because all the other team has to worry about will be DLaw and they can blow off the rest of DL and concentrate on him. then we would need an outstanding DB group because they will be hung out to dry having to stay with the receivers while the QB has all day to find an open receiver

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not comparing them. just saying that Quinn gives us a replacement for Gregory. personally I wished we could get both

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without Gregory and now possibly Crawford our pass rush which was barely adequate in 2018 will suck even more because all the other team has to worry about will be DLaw and they can blow off the rest of DL and concentrate on him. then we would need an outstanding DB group because they will be hung out to dry having to stay with the receivers while the QB has all day to find an open receiver
I think bringing in Quinn would be wise. Losing Gregory is huge. He really was coming on. Taco just seems invisible whenever he is on the field. Armstrong could be a player going forward.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the bar altercation involving Crawford. Goofdell is going to be sitting in his kangaroo courtroom swinging that gavel. Probably 4 - 10 game suspension. We are going to be too thin at DL to not make a move and sign another starter for DL.
As far as the altercation I think Crawford was defending himself and took appropriate action. You cant just let someone punch you in the back of the head and not respond in kind. If anything Crawford was too nice

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So does this mean they are less likely to trade for Quinn or more? Are they all in or was this their big add? I guess it depends on what the cap hit for both would be

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So does this mean they are less likely to trade for Quinn or more? Are they all in or was this their big add? I guess it depends on what the cap hit for both would be
don't see it effecting them trading one way or another for Quinn

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even hear about this, but not even 1% surprised

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRAVIS FREDERICKC, DALLAS COWBOYS

The Athletic's Calvin Watkins reports Cowboys C Travis Frederick (illness, shoulder) is expected to be ready for offseason workouts.
Frederick missed all of 2018 while battling Guillain-Barre Syndrome and underwent shoulder surgery in January. He apparently will be recovered by the time OTAs open, however, and will try to make a comeback. Frederick's return would be a big boost to an already sturdy offensive line.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRAVIS FREDERICKC, DALLAS COWBOYS

The Athletic's Calvin Watkins reports Cowboys C Travis Frederick (illness, shoulder) is expected to be ready for offseason workouts.
Frederick missed all of 2018 while battling Guillain-Barre Syndrome and underwent shoulder surgery in January. He apparently will be recovered by the time OTAs open, however, and will try to make a comeback. Frederick's return would be a big boost to an already sturdy offensive line.

I see this as one of the best offseason pickups for all teams.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this as one of the best offseason pickups for all teams.
If frederick returns at 100% then this makes the OL way better. Looney was ok at filling in and hope he is the backup this season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cowboys are planning on asking Allen Hurns to reduce his salary

Interesting. I would have waited to see how things shake out before doing this. We don't need the cap room right now. We may end up just wanting to cut him depending on what happens with the draft and the rest of the offseason. It doesn't cost anything to hold onto him for now and we may end up needing him if injury strikes.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cowboys are planning on asking Allen Hurns to reduce his salary

Interesting. I would have waited to see how things shake out before doing this. We don't need the cap room right now. We may end up just wanting to cut him depending on what happens with the draft and the rest of the offseason. It doesn't cost anything to hold onto him for now and we may end up needing him if injury strikes.
Could this be linked to the ongoing Wake saga? Maybe we squeeze 2 million out from Hurd to have on hand to pay for the difference we are off with Miami.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This off season depends on what happens with Lawrence. If they get him signed for a reasonable contract I think they did a great job. We didn't get Earl, but we didn't need him and we still upgraded the safety position which is what we needed most. We also improved the depth on the DL considerably from where we were after losing Gregory and Irving. We should have a nice rotation there now and I think the draft is set up so that we may add another safety or DL in the second round, but we don't have to if we like someone better. I wouldn't be shocked to see us add another contributing DB or RB or LB in free agency.