• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick your 10 win minimum teams for 2016

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would probably be my choices as well. I would put the Chiefs in the long shot over that of Oakland as I just don't believe in the hype of the Raiders. I'm also a fan of the Chiefs coaching staff to get the most out of their players. Reid will screw up a couple of games because of clock management but otherwise he is a top notch guy.
I was 50/50 on KC. I can never seem to bet them correctly?
Put me on the Oakland train. But, I'm ready to jump off. Not saying I'm a bandwagon fan, not a fan at all. After all it's Oakland I should despise them. But I like what they're doing down there. Also excited about the possible move to Vegas.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC South is a tough one.. That's one where it wouldn't surprise me to see 3 teams with 10 wins any more than none again. Unknown QB that could be hit or miss and a good D in the Texans. Indy you have the possible return to form of Luck and possibly a better overall team. Jax looks improved but on paper only so far.
I can't argue with that logic even if I wanted to. I did spend some time in MO so they'll have to show me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have the most talent in the league and *Brady doesn't get to jeopardize four of them (and may never get on the field again) so I think they win a lot.

With the weapons they have, abysmal play from *Brady is the only reason they shouldn't go 19-0 and bring the Lombardi back. That or another murder rampage or cheating scandal.
Wash, rinse,repeat :pop2::sleep:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 50/50 on KC. I can never seem to bet them correctly?
Put me on the Oakland train. But, I'm ready to jump off. Not saying I'm a bandwagon fan, not a fan at all. After all it's Oakland I should despise them. But I like what they're doing down there. Also excited about the possible move to Vegas.

I guess for me with Oakland it comes down to a few things

1) I'm not a Carr fan. I think his numbers were helped by having some great talent around him but that he is still a limited QB.

2) Coaching staff. Del Rio couldn't get out of Denver fast enough. He had some decent moments as a DC for us but for the most part it was more frustrating to watch him coach than to think he did anything to actually help the team.

3) I'm not sure the FA's they brought in were great system fits. I think they are fine players and will be alright but I don't think they will be as good for the Raiders as they were for the team they came from.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me with Oakland it comes down to a few things

1) I'm not a Carr fan. I think his numbers were helped by having some great talent around him but that he is still a limited QB.

2) Coaching staff. Del Rio couldn't get out of Denver fast enough. He had some decent moments as a DC for us but for the most part it was more frustrating to watch him coach than to think he did anything to actually help the team.

3) I'm not sure the FA's they brought in were great system fits. I think they are fine players and will be alright but I don't think they will be as good for the Raiders as they were for the team they came from.
Fair points. Oakland isn't going to win a playoff game IMHO but they're trending up. They have a pretty easy schedule so anything is possible.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE, Pit,
AZ, GB

Likely to get 10 but I wouldn't hedge that bet tonight;
Cin, Sea, Den

Long shot;
Oak, Jax
I was close to naming Oakland, but already had two AFCW teams, not impossible but highly unlikely. If Oakland gets 10 wins Den or KC will be knocked off my list.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE, Pit,
AZ, GB

Likely to get 10 but I wouldn't hedge that bet tonight;
Cin, Sea, Den

Long shot;
Oak, Jax

Pretty good list. I would probably add Carolina in there.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC: New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City
NFC: NY Giants, Green Bay, Minnesota, Seattle, Arizona, Carolina

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good list. I would probably add Carolina in there.

CAR is a hard one for me to gauge...the DEF front 7 is top shelf, but 2 guys in the back 4 had career yrs and one is gone...probably will still get to 10, but I'm iffy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAR is a hard one for me to gauge...the DEF front 7 is top shelf, but 2 guys in the back 4 had career yrs and one is gone...probably will still get to 10, but I'm iffy.

I would also add that most QB's after an MVP season have a bit of a drop off the next year. So the odds of Cam repeating what he did are slim.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also add that most QB's after an MVP season have a bit of a drop off the next year. So the odds of Cam repeating what he did are slim.

I actually think Cam has a chance to play better with Benjamin back, but you're right on the whole.

For different reasons I agree with you on OAK...playing with expectation is different than being a cinderella.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have bad games... They sucked. But just because the Ravens lose 43-13 to the Texans doesn't mean they shouldn't even be allowed in the SB because they "shouldn't have been there". Sometimes teams just find themselves falling completely apart in a game. Seahawks were clearly a much more talented team then, not taking that away from them either.

As for "not very good" at winning in the playoffs? Meh. Sure Montana and Brady have won more. But that's it. As many playoff wins as Marino and Brees combined for their careers. More than Moon, Bob Griese, Fouts, Rivers combined. Past 10 years he's got the most SB's, most conference championship games won (double+ on everyone but Brady) despite missing a full year.

It sounds like a nice story and for sure he's had struggles in the post-season but it's hard to make your narrative with fact. There's a LOT of great QB's who were a LOT worse at winning playoff games.

Well I think your stats are off but you're preaching to the choir when it comes to PM....I didn't blame that loss on him alone but the whole team around him gave him no chance.....
But to clarify, a blowout during the season is one thing, a blowout in the biggest game in the sport is another animal altogether.....Everyone is watching and seldom forget it !!!
I'm a PM fan but to compare him to Joe Montana is not feasible if you ever watched him play...He was not only a winner, he was clutch in crucial games when it all was on the line, he didn't flinch....The GOAT stands alone in my book and most pros....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Cam has a chance to play better with Benjamin back, but you're right on the whole.

For different reasons I agree with you on OAK...playing with expectation is different than being a cinderella.

That is true. They also have some prime time games this year. The pressure of the entire nation watching just your game could get interesting. I mean we have seen the Bengals year in and year out while having some of the most talent in the league struggle when the lights were brightest.

I've also said that with Del Rio he is a much better coach with less talent than he is with more. He gets lazy as a coach the more talent they have. He gets the mentality that my 11 are better than your 11 and I will just keep doing the same thing over and over and see if you can beat our talent. Well we have seen plenty that superior game planning can still beat talent in this league.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My picks for 10 wins or more.......Who are yours ??

AFC ..SD, Oakland, KC, Pitts, Cincy, Ravens Jags, NE, Miami
NFC
..Seattle, Zona, Vikes, GB, Atlanta, Dallas, Philly
SD, Jax, Miami & Philly? Wow.

You also have 3 teams in the AFC North having 10 wins. This I can assure you will not happen.

Homer much?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the OP has 3 teams in the AFC West with 10 wins each without listing the team that just won the Super Bowl.

Is this a veiled attempt to troll Bronco fans or is he just drunk?
Good point. I just noticed the 3, 10 win teams in the AFC north, which was obviously over-the-top homerism.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think your stats are off but you're preaching to the choir when it comes to PM....I didn't blame that loss on him alone but the whole team around him gave him no chance.....
But to clarify, a blowout during the season is one thing, a blowout in the biggest game in the sport is another animal altogether.....Everyone is watching and seldom forget it !!!
I'm a PM fan but to compare him to Joe Montana is not feasible if you ever watched him play...He was not only a winner, he was clutch in crucial games when it all was on the line, he didn't flinch....The GOAT stands alone in my book and most pros....

Which ones... usually I do pretty good pulling those up.

I didn't compare him to Montana or make it sound like I was... I said Montana and Brady are the only ones with more playoff wins. Montana was a monster in the playoffs, so good and got better (except those dud's vs. the Giants where he got just destroyed).

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD, Jax, Miami & Philly? Wow.

You also have 3 teams in the AFC North having 10 wins. This I can assure you will not happen.

Homer much?
He has 3 teams from each the North and West getting to 10 wins in the AFC. AFCE and South better take an epic beatdown for that to happen.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, 8 wins is a bit to generous for the rams...