• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Rose ..25 Years in Exile

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Olbermann nailed it in his final thoughts on this outstanding show on ESPNNEWS. Great reporting from all of his guests with different views. Olbermann talked of the hypocrisy of baseball and Selig on how they only call Rose when they want to make money off him and talk of forgiveness. Great sports reporting and finally someone mentioned that Pete might just have a gambling problem. Good interviews with Rose. They are replaying the program right now on ESPN NEWS.

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pete Rose ..25 Years in Exile"

Good. He's 1/1000th of the way to his next parole review. At which he should be vehemently denied, until the next review, in another 25,000 years.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Olbermann can be entertaining when sticking to the facts (scores, stats, standings, etc.). He gets in trouble when he gets into the political side of things, usually within sports, and certainly outside of sports. Very whiny and very extreme.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on youtube...

Reinstate Pete Rose

by Keith Olbermann

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Pete Rose (while he is alive). After he's dead, they should induct him.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Pete Rose (while he is alive). After he's dead, they should induct him.

I thought you were ignoring my threads and posts or were you just lying. You are entitled to you're opinion but you're blood runs real cold right now. I hope you find warmth in you're life. Peace

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we got a long way to go. No wonder I don't want to go outside that much anymore. I had a gun pulled on me as a kid by a whacked out nut. A lot of hate and frustration going on. Hopefully things will get better.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we got a long way to go. No wonder I don't want to go outside that much anymore. I had a gun pulled on me as a kid by a whacked out nut. A lot of hate and frustration going on. Hopefully things will get better.

Everyone hates on the internet. You do too...don't you hate the pussy home plate collision rules that are ruining America? How about 3rd base coaches who stand far down the line?

Pete Rose is pretty easy to 'hate', especially when you are just typing on a message board.

Peace. And fuck Pete Rose. :lol:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have a opinion and there is hate. What Marco wrote and Indrid Cold agreed with is hate. Wow we got a long way to go.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have a opinion and there is hate. What Marco wrote and Indrid Cold agreed with is hate. Wow we got a long way to go.

Where are 'we' going? If your goal is to eliminate meanness on the internet (most of which is joking around to rile up people like you) you'll need a bigger boat.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a society we got a long way to go ...I don't like the vibe right now on this site. Good luck.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a society we got a long way to go ...I don't like the vibe right now on this site. Good luck.

Not sure many of us like your patronizing attitude about how much warmth we need in our lives. You don't know any of us. Also, we're messing around on an internet forum. Often to rile you up.

Good luck to you too.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, if I happened to be in Vegas, ran into Pete Rose's signing table, and there wasn't a line, I would shake his hand and pay for him to sign something for me...just for the novelty. I don't hate him as a person...he didn't slaughter orphans en masse or anything like that. He's just a dimwitted doofus who was a fantastic player for a long time and hung around too long after that.
I hate the fact that he seriously undermined the integrity of baseball and lied about it for SOOOO long. The HOF and baseball in general don't owe him a fucking thing, and more power to them if they can get some benefit from him without honoring him. I sure as FUCK don't feel sorry for the guy!
And I was also pissed about his role in screwing up Eric Davis' career, although it seemed like ED probably just wasn't fated to be healthy enough to be a superstar. A lot of young Reds got hosed over by ancient Pete playing himself.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,......15-yrs.==========after he's dead, should be more like it....!

Nah, the point is made waiting for him to die. But he should be in there.

Though if you put him in you gotta put Shoeless Joe in too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB, why do you continue to post about Rose? It only seems to piss you off that EVERYONE does not agree with you on the subject. I would think you would avoid the subject since it irritates you so much that we are all so wrong on the subject and are unable to see your brilliance about the matter.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB, why do you continue to post about Rose? It only seems to piss you off that EVERYONE does not agree with you on the subject. I would think you would avoid the subject since it irritates you so much that we are all so wrong on the subject and are unable to see your brilliance about the matter.

I wanted to put Olbermann's take on here as he said a lot of what I said about a month or two ago. I think Rose has a gambling problem and Gambling addiction is not accepted by society as a illness. I don't think Pete Rose is the smartest person in the world and I believe he might need help and it's tough to see him in Vegas all day signing autographs to survive. There is no doubt he made a huge blunder as a manager but as a player he deserves to go in the HOF. I would like to see him back in baseball which he loves...I have no doubt about that. I hope he gets help for his addiction and maybe if he does that baseball might understand a little more and forgive him and give him another chance. I don't think he should manage anymore but he loves helping players get better everyday by talking on the phone to them. There is still room for Rose in baseball somewhere and there is still room in our hearts for forgiveness.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Urban Dictionary: attention whore