• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Rose ..25 Years in Exile

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Pete Rose the greatest character dude in the World..no. Was he a kick ass ballplayer? You bet your ass.

The HOF museum is a place where artists show off their great works of art. Baseball is art and Pete was a great artist.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isnt like his "skeleton" is unrelated to baseball, though. It was DIRECTLY related to baseball.

You keep bringing up players character, or the drug users. Those are periphery aspects. Gambling has a direct affect on the integrity of the game, and has been defined as such since the early days of the game.

Cobb was allegedly a racist, murderer, and all around piece of shit. But there are no accusations (that I am aware of) that anything he did had anything to do with baseball.

Bonds and Clemens allegedly used PEDs. But when they used them, they were not against the rules of the game. Later, when they did become against the rules, the defined punishment was 50/100/banned (I think this has been changed since???). The defined punishment for gambling is lifetime ban.

Very cut-and-dry. There have only been 9 men in the history of the game to receive this punishment. It is not given lightly.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isnt like his "skeleton" is unrelated to baseball, though. It was DIRECTLY related to baseball.

You keep bringing up players character, or the drug users. Those are periphery aspects. Gambling has a direct affect on the integrity of the game, and has been defined as such since the early days of the game.

Cobb was allegedly a racist, murderer, and all around piece of shit. But there are no accusations (that I am aware of) that anything he did had anything to do with baseball.

Bonds and Clemens allegedly used PEDs. But when they used them, they were not against the rules of the game. Later, when they did become against the rules, the defined punishment was 50/100/banned (I think this has been changed since???). The defined punishment for gambling is lifetime ban.

Very cut-and-dry. There have only been 9 men in the history of the game to receive this punishment. It is not given lightly.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I hope you do some research like I did. Good luck.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Pete Rose.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure kicked your teams ass in 1975. Best WS of all time.

Means nothing now, does it. The POS is going to his grave without a plague in Cooperstown and I like it.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Means nothing now, does it. The POS is going to his grave without a plague in Cooperstown and I like it.

Sure it does...You can never take a Championship away from a player who earned it...ever. They can shut him out of the Hall of Fame..but he won Championships and he busted his ass to win them.

Good luck...brother.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I hope you do some research like I did. Good luck.
Actually, everything in the post you quoted was fact. No opinions in THAT post.

Our opinions differ in where to draw the line, and THAT is fair enough. But what I said in that post was not opinion.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, everything in the post you quoted was fact. No opinions in THAT post.

Our opinions differ in where to draw the line, and THAT is fair enough. But what I said in that post was not opinion.

Good luck with that Cal. Do the research.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that Cal. Do the research.
Good luck with what?

Are you saying that what I stated in the post you quoted included opinion? There was no opinion at all in that post (except MAYBE the use of the term "cut and dry").

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does...You can never take a Championship away from a player who earned it...ever. They can shut him out of the Hall of Fame..but he won Championships and he busted his ass to win them.

Good luck...brother.

He probably sold his WS ring to fund his gambling "addiction". Poor guy is sick, don't ya know?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said Cal...I was mad at Rose for a long time and I am still real disappointed in him...but he is a addict and I hope he gets help. I stand by what I said.

Did you do any research yet?

You can believe what you want...it is your right. I hope you choose to expand your mind and try and understand what is going on.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably sold his WS ring to fund his gambling "addiction". Poor guy is sick, don't ya know?

I love Boston fans...so much compassion....Fucking gave Buckner a hard ass time for a ground ball. Tormented him to the point of him leaving the city. They finally welcomed him back only after winning a WS. Gotta love those Boston fans.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get to a different conclusion based on the facts of the case. Like I said fine. But you have no idea what the difference is between opinion and fact. It is very difficult to have a conversation with someone who refuses to even acknowledge the facts of the case, and instead calls said facts "opinions".

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last interview I saw of him was in a hotel room. He was in front of this big window with a great shot
of the Vegas strip.

And I said to myself ...Now there is a guy who still doesn't get it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Boston fans...so much compassion....Fucking gave Buckner a hard ass time for a ground ball. Tormented him to the point of him leaving the city. They finally welcomed him back only after winning a WS. Gotta love those Boston fans.

I never gave Buckner a hard time and never blamed him any more than Clemens, Schiraldi, McNamara and Bob Stanley.

Nice try though.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never gave Buckner a hard time and never blamed him any more than Clemens, Schiraldi, McNamara and Bob Stanley.

Nice try though.

I was talking about the fans in general. It's a fact.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck Rex...you have passion for the game..nothing wrong with that. I just choose to disagree with you on Rose.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for myself only: a player like Rose doesn't lose anything by not being voted into the HOF. I don't care. He's lived as a legend and will always be remembered as one of the best players I've ever seen play the game.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick. Wow....where are we headed as a society.

Maybe this is a question one should ask one's self....
You, as well as Petey have pissed and moaned, whined and begged for him to go in the hall....
With that being said, maybe Petey should butch up and be a man.... "HE" agreed to the Lifetime Ban.... "HE" signed the paper agreeing to it, now "HE" should be a man and live up to his agreement!!!