• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Rose ..25 Years in Exile

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more things...baseball went on making money off Rose's name after he was banned. Bullshit Hypocrites...

If I was Rose I would tell them all to get fucked and take all my stuff back that is in the Hall right now..that the museum is making money off his name and gear. I say fuck them...stick it up their ass.

The last thing is this...Rose has a gambling problem..it is a legit illness. I have studied it. It is not accepted by society yet as a illness ..but it is.

Alex Karas and Horning were suspended for onlly 1 year for gambling on football. Rose has served 25 years in shame. Forgiveness is right in this case. I think he has served enough time.

Reactions: GNG

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very sad story for baseball. One big mess but Pete has served enough time. I am disappointed that he bet as a player..but I understand he has a illness and needs help. I hope he asks for it. I loved to watch him play the game.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about ESPN OTL doing a story about compulsive gambling and the effect it has over a person. They let drug addicted players to return ...alot in the 80's back in baseball. Bob Ley who I respect should do a story on compulsive gambling and do a thorough job of investigating it to show people how much pain it causes not only the the person but the family's. It's a subject that needs to be discussed and shown.

They say Rose was involved in the mob. What about a drugged out player who gets in deep with the mob and is strung out looking for drugs. Could he be influenced by the mob to throw a game or provide advice .Like I said they are all fucking Hypocrites that don't know shit without checking the facts of compulsive gambling.

Rose fucked up and he fucked up bad but the man is sick and needs help. He has served 25 years in shame and is getting old. He should be in the HOF but the story of his problem should be listed on the plaque.

Last edited:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 in every 5 Gambling addicts try and commit suicide. It is the most dangerous addiction of them all.

And that's a fact Jack !

Nearly 15 million Men , Women , and Children have a problem or pathological addiction to gambling.

Another fact.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A survey of nearly 200 Gamblers Anonymous Members in Illinois found that 66 percent of them contemplated suicide. 79 % wanted to die. 45% had a definite plan to kill themselves, and 16 percent had actually attempted suicide.

Fact.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Suicide attempts among pathological gamblers are higher than for any of the addictions and second only to suicide attempt rates among individuals with major affective disorders, schizophrenia and a few major hereditary disorders. "

Dr. Rachel A. Volberg , President Gemini Research . LTD (Gambling Research)

Gamblers also live in a constant state of denial.

I just love all this judgement going on for a sick man.

Makes me sick to my stomach. They just don't have the facts. They have no clue.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Get him help.

In the meantime, actions have consequences.

Every MLB clubhouse has a plaque that says if you get on baseball, you are banned for life. Simple, really.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will BET he doesn't have the stones to off himself,

And if he does, simple enough, he gets in the Hall.... Not until!!!!

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will BET he doesn't have the stones to off himself,

And if he does, simple enough, he gets in the Hall.... Not until!!!!

Sick. Wow....where are we headed as a society.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the deterioration of consequences to our actions, society is going to hell.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the deterioration of consequences to our actions, society is going to hell.

This is a sick man who bet on baseball games...he served a 25 year sentence for it. HE HAS SERVED ENOUGH TIME IN MY MIND. You still don't get it. Rose guite possibly is a addict. Drug offenders have been let off with far less and they could be tempted to do things bad for the game. I hope Pete asks for help...for the good of himself..his family .and for the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it, though.

HE HAS NOT ASKED FOR HELP.

And he signed the agreement to banned for LIFE. This was not imposed on him. He AGREED to it. In exchange for this agreement, the investigation was halted. There are reports that they were very close to proving he bet AGAINST the Reds, and he did not want that coming out.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it, though.

HE HAS NOT ASKED FOR HELP.

And he signed the agreement to banned for LIFE. This was not imposed on him. He AGREED to it. In exchange for this agreement, the investigation was halted. There are reports that they were very close to proving he bet AGAINST the Reds, and he did not want that coming out.

Cal...you just don't realize the hold this addiction has on you . You don't know. You live in a constant state of denial...it's fucking sad. I hope you never know personally what a addict goes through. Yeah you can throw him under a bus..you just will never know..which is why there needs to be more talk and discussion about this and how it is not understood by the public. Sad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. Get him all the help in the world. Fine.

But this attitude is seriously part of the decline of our society. Everyone is a victim and no one is responsible for their own actions.

YOU can love the guy. Wonderful. Have at it. But he still committed a "sin", and there are consequences to that. A consequence that HE AGREED TO.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I was one that was really pissed at Pete for a long time. The more research I have done however has changed my mind. I believe he is a addict and deserves his place in the HOF before he passes away. I also hope he asks for help and helps educate the public on gambling addiction.

Russo made a good point that no one has produced betting slips that said Pete bet against himself. He won all those WS and got all those hits.

"I would walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." Pete Rose

The strange thing is ..that Rose has walked through hell without baseball for over 25 years now.It's time to ease his pain and put him in a museum..not a church.

Without forgiveness we are doomed as a society. I still believe Pete played to win and win he did. I hope he gets help.

Last edited: