• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins offseason thread

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure that if they ever did get to land him, he would miss half the season with an injury or two!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maatta is out 4 to 6 months with shoulder surgery just like Pouliot.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Lame.

Rumor around the media is that the room was toxic, and an 'fairly prominent' player asked out, most are speculating it was James Neal.

Stan Savran was the one saying it was toxic, and I don't think he throws stuff around just for kicks, Yohe confirmed it as well that Neal has had problems in the locker room.

One wonders if the Pens will continue the 'In the Room' show, this team needs to get away from the media attention for a while. They don't need the cameras in the room anymore.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Pittsburgh potato chips...where do they get these weak ass players???

good riddance to Kneal...fucking cheap shot prick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Lame.

Rumor around the media is that the room was toxic, and an 'fairly prominent' player asked out, most are speculating it was James Neal.

Stan Savran was the one saying it was toxic, and I don't think he throws stuff around just for kicks, Yohe confirmed it as well that Neal has had problems in the locker room.

One wonders if the Pens will continue the 'In the Room' show, this team needs to get away from the media attention for a while. They don't need the cameras in the room anymore.

I have no small suspicion that the feeling with Neal is mutual...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably, I wish they would just hire someone so we can get this whole process started.

Julian Brisbrois, the Tampa Assistant intrigues me the most. I'm not sure what you do with Botteril though, he is a riser too that you don't want to let go. But I'm not sure you just want to hire the guy who was the top assistant to the man you just fired.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per reports out of Tampa they gave high regards to Brisebois as a reference.

I think at this point the only solution would be from outside the organization. If they can get someone who can find players such as a Palat and help as the GM of their AHL affiliate make players such as Gudas, Tyler Johnson, Killorn into viable NHL players that can only help the organization. I think the talent is there at WBS it just needs the right management.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good thing with Neal if he is the cancer in the locker room he is probably the most tradeable vs cap hit.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madden just said Neal did ask for a trade this season. But yea, he has the most value.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madden just said Neal did ask for a trade this season. But yea, he has the most value.

Heard that, as well. But MM has now said later on in his show today that Neal contacted him directly and denied that he ever requested a trade ... fwiw ...

Maatta and Pouliot being sidelined by shoulder surgery is a tough pill to swallow. That means we're likely looking at December of 2014 before they're fully healthy and back in the lineup. :gaah:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the good old days when the Pens used to take risks and go after the best overall player in the draft and won Cups? Now all we want to do is fire people, play unproven prospects, and fill in for the back 2 lines. Sad really. Even worse is how Penguin fans have bought into this new type of system which gets us knocked out by underdogs year after year.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the good old days when the Pens used to take risks and go after the best overall player in the draft and won Cups? Now all we want to do is fire people, play unproven prospects, and fill in for the back 2 lines. Sad really. Even worse is how Penguin fans have bought into this new type of system which gets us knocked out by underdogs year after year.

WTF are you babbling about??? :wtf2::noidea:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We always blow it up before winning those 3 Cups tho. It's a proven strategy whenever implemented. Why resist what works?

I already very clearly illustrated that when we "blew it up" before, there was nothing to blow up. That's not the case now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already very clearly illustrated that when we "blew it up" before, there was nothing to blow up. That's not the case now.

We could fake it for just 1 season without blowing it up. We don't even have to blow it up, we just have to suck. If we do that we continue the legacy 66, 68, 71, 87,...,97!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could fake it for just 1 season without blowing it up. We don't even have to blow it up, we just have to suck. If we do that we continue the legacy 66, 68, 71, 87,...,97!

Fake it? Intentionally play poorly?

Seriously, drop it. It's never going to happen. These are professional athletes who are playing the game they love and who want to win every single night. You're going to just ask them to intentionally suck because they're not good enough? Do you want to burn bridges not only with every player on our roster, but probably every player in the league and every prospect you hope to draft using this nonsense strategy?

You complained since the Olympic break that the team didn't have heart, that it wasn't a winning culture, and now you want to artificially instill an intentional losing culture? You can't have it both ways.

You're wasting everyone's time by pushing this idea. No one agrees with you on this point, we all think it's beyond stupid (because it is), and you should probably just stop bringing it up altogether so we can focus on actual and reasonable roster solutions.