• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George traded to OKC

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, the Jazz won 50 and their whole season was a snooze fest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both PG and RW are LA guys, and I bet they will at least talk about going there together....

I'm sure they will. I hope the Lakers don't bite though. Like I said, I love Westbrook, but I don't think he's right for Luke's system.

If the Lakers were at square 1 and were looking at him as the starting point for a rebuild. I'd love to see him on the Lakers. But not with what they have put together.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they will. I hope the Lakers don't bite though. Like I said, I love Westbrook, but I don't think he's right for Luke's system.

If the Lakers were at square 1 and were looking at him as the starting point for a rebuild. I'd love to see him on the Lakers. But not with what they have put together.

If anything this helps the Lakers in signing George next off season. Unless they win a championship (which they probably won't) his 1st option will still be going back to the west coast. Except now he will get to be RW's teammate and if they get along, he will be instrumental in an attempt to sign Westbrook next offseason as well.

Now all the Lakers have to worry about is not wasting more than a year of cap space on guys like Iguodala and Rondo.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get this trade for either team.

Indy got pretty much nothing. No point in this trade for them.

OKC got a one year rental. They will not be able to sign PG longterm, and gave up decent players for nothing in the end. Unless the goal was to shed contracts this move doesn't make them that much better in the west.

Strange move indeed.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get this trade for either team.

Indy got pretty much nothing. No point in this trade for them.

OKC got a one year rental. They will not be able to sign PG longterm, and gave up decent players for nothing in the end. Unless the goal was to shed contracts this move doesn't make them that much better in the west.

Strange move indeed.

It would seem you are literally the only one that feels this way as far as the Thunders end of it.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade for OKC. Lets face it all, if Westbrook leaves its a 5 to 8 year rebuild. So, if PG gets Westbrook to resign this next few weeks its well worth it.

FYI, If Westbrook does not sign now then we should expect both PG and Westbrook available at the trade deadline

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade for OKC. Lets face it all, if Westbrook leaves its a 5 to 8 year rebuild. So, if PG gets Westbrook to resign this next few weeks its well worth it.

FYI, If Westbrook does not sign now then we should expect both PG and Westbrook available at the trade deadline

Except OKC will do what Indy did and trade him. They won't let 2 top 5 player go for nothing in a 3 year span.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem you are literally the only one that feels this way as far as the Thunders end of it.

Maybe not as many as you would think

OKC is looking at being back to square one after next season. George isn't re-signing with them. There's a chance they don't re-sign Westbrook.

So tell me, WHAT is the overall point of this move for them? Unloading a few poor contracts? This roster has no long term viability. So what do they get out of this, a few more ticket sales?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your mind everyone is just supposed to roll over and quit, got it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, in my mind you make trades to improve your team, not just in the short term but the long term.

There is no upside to this trade beyond this season.

There has to be some purpose, some end game......not just to make a trade for the hell of it.

Maybe they DO have a plan......I just don't see it yet. Guess we'll all find out.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, in my mind you make trades to improve your team, not just in the short term but the long term.

There is no upside to this trade beyond this season.

There has to be some purpose, some end game......not just to make a trade for the hell of it.

Maybe they DO have a plan......I just don't see it yet. Guess we'll all find out.

Ok you seem to genuinely not see it so I'll try with explain the way I see it. The Thunder really didn't give up much. After Durant left they panicked a little and gave Oladipo more than they should have. This took 84 million off the books plus whatever Sabonus was making. I doubt George stays but he is still a tradeable asset. I just don't see that the thunder had anything to lose and that seems to be the consensus. It's not often you get a chance to land a guy like George, the thunder took a big swing.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol only a bonghorn would see this as anything but a win win for the Thunder.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok you seem to genuinely not see it so I'll try with explain the way I see it. The Thunder really didn't give up much. After Durant left they panicked a little and gave Oladipo more than they should have. This took 84 million off the books plus whatever Sabonus was making. I doubt George stays but he is still a tradeable asset. I just don't see that the thunder had anything to lose and that seems to be the consensus. It's not often you get a chance to land a guy like George, the thunder took a big swing.

PG is a tradeable asset? Who will trade for him at the deadline for 35-40 games knowing he's leaving for Los Angeles in the summer? They'd get less than Indiana did.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG is a tradeable asset? Who will trade for him at the deadline for 35-40 games knowing he's leaving for Los Angeles in the summer? They'd get less than Indiana did.

Just saying you never know, Indiana didn't want to trade with anyone in the East. My point is the Thunder are going to come out of this better than they were and have created a buzz of some sort at least. In the post Durant climate it was needed.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, that's just bunk.

Getting Oladipo off the books is the only positive here.......but you're STILL at square one once next season ends.

George is gone. Westbrook MIGHT be gone as well. And you thinned your bench losing Sabonis.

I don't see a lot of positives here. What good does "swinging for the fences" do you if 1) you aren't going to win and 2) aren't going to keep the players?

I don't see a win -win. I see it as a rental, short sighted trade with no upside, which is what it is right now. IF they can make some other deals or get some other players then it may wash out differently.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No arguing with a mindless Texan. Exactly one team will win next year, everyone else just roll over.