• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George traded to OKC

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything this helps the Lakers in signing George next off season. Unless they win a championship (which they probably won't) his 1st option will still be going back to the west coast. Except now he will get to be RW's teammate and if they get along, he will be instrumental in an attempt to sign Westbrook next offseason as well.

Now all the Lakers have to worry about is not wasting more than a year of cap space on guys like Iguodala and Rondo.

No Westbrook.

:hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Westbrook.

Not going to happen - as of now it looks like Magic is going to focus on the development of Ingram - Ball - Randle and Clarkson and Zubac. With Lopez as the starting center, bringing in a couple of guards will help that. It could be worse though- Try to imagine if they added Carmelo Anthony

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Westbrook.

It will be interesting to see how RW and PG play together. Maybe he learned his lesson from KD leaving. He got his MVP, he showed everyone what he can do. Now he will try to coexist perhaps.

And if he does, maybe he and PG come to LA and bring LeBron with them....you'd have to like that

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how RW and PG play together. Maybe he learned his lesson from KD leaving. He got his MVP, he showed everyone what he can do. Now he will try to coexist perhaps.

And if he does, maybe he and PG come to LA and bring LeBron with them....you'd have to like that

If he learns how to share the ball, then hell yes I'd want him on the Lakers. I just don't think he will. I'd love to be wrong though.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he learns how to share the ball, the hell yes I'd want him on the Lakers. I just don't think he will. I'd love to be wrong though.

Oh no doubt, I have no idea if he will learn. Just saying it's plausible...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, that's just bunk.

Getting Oladipo off the books is the only positive here.......but you're STILL at square one once next season ends.

George is gone. Westbrook MIGHT be gone as well. And you thinned your bench losing Sabonis.

I don't see a lot of positives here. What good does "swinging for the fences" do you if 1) you aren't going to win and 2) aren't going to keep the players?

I don't see a win -win. I see it as a rental, short sighted trade with no upside, which is what it is right now. IF they can make some other deals or get some other players then it may wash out differently.

That's ENTIRELY the point. It is literally a no lose trade for OKC. If they did nothing, come Summer 2018 Westbrook could opt out and leave. They made the trade now and worst case scenario, Westbrook leaves. BUT they have more cap space to play with in the future by dumping Oladipo and they've opened themselves up for many more positive outcomes they didn't have before. It's like betting 100 dollars on a roulette wheel and no matter what happens, you'll get your 100 dollars back. Actually, it'd be like getting 110 dollars back considering you dumped Oladipo's contract. You have to be absolutely blind to not see this as anything but a win for OKC

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ENTIRELY the point. It is literally a no lose trade for OKC. If they did nothing, come Summer 2018 Westbrook could opt out and leave. They made the trade now and worst case scenario, Westbrook leaves. BUT they have more cap space to play with in the future by dumping Oladipo and they've opened themselves up for many more positive outcomes they didn't have before. It's like betting 100 dollars on a roulette wheel and no matter what happens, you'll get your 100 dollars back. Actually, it'd be like getting 110 dollars back considering you dumped Oladipo's contract. You have to be absolutely blind to not see this as anything but a win for OKC

I've said this before - outside of dumping his contract there isn't much else to care for in this trade.

I'm a guy that likes long term strategy and thinking. Teams with a vision, a plan. There were plenty of ways to dump that salary if that's all they wanted to do. I'm looking to see what other moves they make, because if the object is not to create a team that can be competitive moving forward, then there really is no point. You're either contending or rebuilding.......hell lives in between.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it now...

PG13 will maintain his intention to leave for LA. Thunder will trade PG13 in January or February to the Cavs for Kevin Love.

Still a gread deal for OKC. They basically trade Oladipo for 1/2 a year of PG13 and 1.5 years of Love.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ev
Calling it now...

PG13 will maintain his intention to leave for LA. Thunder will trade PG13 in January or February to the Cavs for Kevin Love.

Still a gread deal for OKC. They basically trade Oladipo for 1/2 a year of PG13 and 1.5 years of Love.
Even if OKC is winning? I mean really winning?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a poker game guys. Thunder can now test how serious RW is in staying. They will know by September. If he wont sign then Thunder know they have to trade him immediately. Look for a huge trade rumor season on Westbrook.

USA Today's Sam Amick reported Saturday that Westbrook isn't expected to sign a five-year, $217 million extension with the Thunder right away but that it will remain on the table until he does or the deadline to sign it expires at the start of the 2017-18 season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before - outside of dumping his contract there isn't much else to care for in this trade.

I'm a guy that likes long term strategy and thinking. Teams with a vision, a plan. There were plenty of ways to dump that salary if that's all they wanted to do. I'm looking to see what other moves they make, because if the object is not to create a team that can be competitive moving forward, then there really is no point. You're either contending or rebuilding.......hell lives in between.

Imo, it is long term thinking for their situation. They unloaded Oladipo's contract which frees up money. They got a top level player in PG.

Best case scenario...both Westbrook and PG re-sign after this season and continue from there.

Next best case...Westbrook stays and PG leaves. They have shown Westbrook that they will make the moves to improve the team around him and with Oladipo gone and PG gone, they have some cap room to do it.

Worst case...both Westbrook and PG leave and they are left with bunch of money to start a rebuild with.

None of those are terrible options and all bode well for the future. Some just a little farther into the future.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To what end? Losing to Durant and the Warriors still? This move still leaves a sizable gap.
There is still a sizeable gap, but not everybody can play for the Warriors. Guys generally don't jump ship from teams that are winning for teams that aren't.

I'm not saying he won't leave, but I'd assume the more successful the Thunder are, the less likely it will become.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeClown here...?

meh, not really...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ev

Even if OKC is winning? I mean really winning?

They won't be winning. They'll be scraping by to get a playoff spot if they leave the roster as is. Westbrook is the only reason they aren't in a full fledged rebuild.

They're in an interesting situation, kinda in limbo. Reminds me of the Hawks the last 2 years only the Thunder aren't dumb enough to let their talent walk for nothing.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be winning. They'll be scraping by to get a playoff spot if they leave the roster as is. Westbrook is the only reason they aren't in a full fledged rebuild.

They're in an interesting situation, kinda in limbo. Reminds me of the Hawks the last 2 years only the Thunder aren't dumb enough to let their talent walk for nothing.
Oh I don't think they'll be winning either, my post was purely hypothetical. Even if they do make the playoffs they'd be a first round exit imo.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys really think the Thunder will be struggling to make the playoffs with what they have now you simply don't know basketball. I expect them to get better but at the absolute worst they are a 5 seed right now and honestly an argument could be made for higher. Thst's why they play the games though, we will see who is right.