• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George informs the Pacers he is leaving next year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Op

Riley had a good getting better and then the year before he moved all of his cotracts so that they a'll expired the next year. He had to have known

The Knicks did the same thing. Every team that thought they had a chance to grab Lebron, were doing everything they could to grab him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Op

Riley had a good getting better and then the year before he moved all of his cotracts so that they a'll expired the next year. He had to have known

There were 4 or 5 other teams that did the same exact thing. There were multiple star FA in that class, not just LeBron. 2009 May have been the greatest FA class of all time. Everyone was clearing cap space to make a run at these guys.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks did the same thing. Every team that thought they had a chance to grab Lebron, were doing everything they could to grab him.
What do you think about Leglers trade machine idea?

I don't think Ainge would do this knowing George wants to be a Laker.

But, it would be a dream come true for Indy and fair compensation for a player of his caliber, with only 1 year left on his deal.

#3, Avery, Brown for George and # 18.

Our own Tim Legler has a great trade proposal for Paul George.......

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Op

Not saying those discussions never happened. But Riley having all his contracts expire in one year when he knew a few years ahead of time (like every GM does)who was going to be a FA in arguably the deepest free agent class isn't out of the ordinary. Having ample cap space allows a GM to sign multiple all stars as Miami did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, it would be a dream come true for Indy and fair compensation for a player of his caliber, with only 1 year left on his deal.

And the Celtics future evaporates in one fell swoop as the player they committed so many assets to deal for leaves the following summer for their hated Lakers. Absolutely no chance this deal happens.

Celtics can't risk that. Most they could give would be Players not part of their long term plan. Neither of the Nets picks should be anywhere near a deal for George.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Celtics future evaporates in one fell swoop as the player they committed so many assets to deal for leaves the following summer for their hated Lakers. Absolutely no chance this deal happens.

Celtics can't risk that. Most they could give would be Players not part of their long term plan. Neither of the Nets picks should be anywhere near a deal for George.
Agree 100%.

I don't think they are getting Hayward either.

I honestly think it will be Ibaka, Blake or Gallo.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like a pretty bad deal for the Celtics. They are going to give up the #3 in a very strong draft plus the #3 pick from last year plus Avery Bradley for a mid-round first and 1 year of George?

Maybe if they knew they could keep him then I would do that. But that seems like an awful lot to give up for rental.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp....this does make Randle and D LO for Paul an even bigger longshot.

I know Lakers fans love him. But, Clarkson should probably be nervous.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%.

I don't think they are getting Hayward either.

I honestly think it will be Ibaka, Blake or Gallo.

I dunno. Stevens and Hayward go way back. Stevens was a guardian angel for Hayward. From what I have heard they have a close personal connection.

Hayward may wind up taking the money and staying but I think there is a really good chance he goes to Boston.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Stevens and Hayward go way back. Stevens was a guardian angel for Hayward. From what I have heard they have a close personal connection.

Hayward may wind up taking the money and staying but I think there is a really good chance he goes to Boston.
Agree to all that.

I'd love for him to go to the Heat or Boston.

But, I just think he will take the money in Utah.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying those discussions never happened. But Riley having all his contracts expire in one year when he knew a few years ahead of time (like every GM does)who was going to be a FA in arguably the deepest free agent class isn't out of the ordinary. Having ample cap space allows a GM to sign multiple all stars as Miami did.
I'm not faulting any one. I'm just saying that Paul George was up front and straight with the Pavers and gave them a heads up. That's more then what any of others have done and yet he's being called a sick. Which I'm calling sour grapes if you're not a Lakers fan

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 4 or 5 other teams that did the same exact thing. There were multiple star FA in that class, not just LeBron. 2009 May have been the greatest FA class of all time. Everyone was clearing cap space to make a run at these guys.
That's my point. Paul George didn't do anything dofferent than the rest of them. Thank you

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Order.....

1. Celtics

2. Wolves

3. Jazz

I love the Suns, Spurs, Cavs, Indy scenario....

Way too many moving parts. So, some GM would get greedy.

The Houston deal is crap.....imo

I refuse to acknowledge that Warriors deal...lol

The proposed Warriors deal would make them significantly worse. Klay fits perfectly. George is a better player, but not by that much. No way the Warriors would even consider this. The rest of the league should hope they do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This uptick in Butler chatter works in the Lakers favor.

Now's the time to make a reasonable deal now that everyone is focused on the Bulls.