• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George informs the Pacers he is leaving next year

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think players would hold it against Indy trading PG.

But if they sent him to a dumpster fire like Sacto out of spite without getting much in return, that may cause some issue.

But it's not in Indy's best interest to do that anyway.

Exactly. I just don't see the issue with Indy trading him to a bad team if they give them the best deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without saying a word? Lebron constantly makes comments that the owners have to listen to that builds a team around him. What about now with the one year deals with options, its constantly making sure he will be the highest paid and he will leave if they dont give him what he wants. LeBron started this all.

Who likes Melo or Howard? George just went to the douche list with those two.

Yes, they have a right to leave when they become unrestricted free agents. They can take less money to go where they want. But they need to respect their contracts too.

Personally, I think these multi million and billionaire players show little respect for the process. They muse us into thinking this is tied to slave reparations. They are the owners property when they sign that contract and take their millions, then get on the pity whore bus that they are not people just (In the lines of Django) their ni**ers. I look at things from different angles, but for the most part, its the way society is going down hill.

First off, you might be a racist. Players are hot property. They are employees. There is a huge difference.

Now that we got that out of the way, we are talking about free agency. I have never heard LeBron say a word about his impending free agency throughout his 14 years in the league. Not once. Telling management what players he wants on his team or that he will leave if they don't do everything in their power to build the best roster possible is not the same thing.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I just don't see the issue with Indy trading him to a bad team if they give them the best deal.

Exactly. I just doubt a bad team would give him the best deal...unless it's the kings.

Seriously, would anyone be surprised if the Kings offered up Skal and Hield for PG?

Literally nothing would surprise me with the Kings FO at this point. Except if they make 2 smart picks at 5 and 10.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why it is an issue if a team looks for the best trade to improve their franchise. You already you don't want to be there.
He's going to the highest bidder.

If that's not the Lakers, that's their problem.

Why would Indy care?

This is not a Drexler, Barkley situation where a Vet did all he could and the Team wants to send him off for one last chance at a ring.

This isn't even Garnett leaving Minny.

This is a guy jumping ship in his prime, which is his right.

Just like it's the Pacers right to get as much as they can, even if they have to trade him to a Team in Keflavik, Iceland.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I just doubt a bad team would give him the best deal...unless it's the kings.

Seriously, would anyone be surprised if the Kings offered up Skal and Hield for PG?

Literally nothing would surprise me with the Kings FO at this point. Except if they make 2 smart picks at 5 and 10.
I'm telling you, I think it will be the Blazers or Denver to present the best offer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i just said on another thread this is a major dick move. Not informing them he is leaving but basically to say he prefers the lakers basically kills any other trades Indy wants to make.
How is this move any different than what Lebron did when he let Riley know close. To a year before he was coming to Miami. I would love to hear your spin

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, you might be a racist. Players are hot property. They are employees. There is a huge difference.

Now that we got that out of the way, we are talking about free agency. I have never heard LeBron say a word about his impending free agency throughout his 14 years in the league. Not once. Telling management what players he wants on his team or that he will leave if they don't do everything in their power to build the best roster possible is not the same thing.
You owe me a Nestle Chocolate milk because I spit it all over my tablet after that first line....lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this move any different than what Lebron did when he let Riley know close. To a year before he was coming to Miami. I would love to hear your spin
Did I miss that story?

I remember the players involved talking about playing together at the Olympics.

I'm not saying it didn't happen because it could have.

Just, I don't remember it being reported as collusion by the front office and Lebron.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss that story?

Just, I don't remember it being reported as collusion by the front office and Lebron.

Pretty sure that would be a pretty severe violation of league rules.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference in trying to get value for him and trading him for barely anything out of spite.

They arent trading him out of spite. PG did the right thing and told them he was leaving next year so they could possibly get assets for him. Props to PG

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. I will have no effect on PG. He wants to leave regardless. Indy has a job to do and PG gave them a heads up. Both sides are doing business.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I will have no effect on PG. He wants to leave regardless. Indy has a job to do and PG gave them a heads up. Both sides are doing business.
He Can Afford The moving Expenses From Minny, Denver, Phoenix To Cali Just As Easily...lol

Last edited:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But why do it publicly?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ron Artest asked to be traded in 2006, the Pacers made him speak eye-to-eye with them. They should do the same thing here.

What's that going to prove in the long run? You sound like a jilted high school girl.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i just said on another thread this is a major dick move. Not informing them he is leaving but basically to say he prefers the lakers basically kills any other trades Indy wants to make.

Not really...everybody knew he wasn't coming back...especially Bird.

Yeah he came out and named LAL, but that doesn't really mean he won't play for another team. I have not seen much of the Lakers since Kobe retired, but the little I have seen and based on the standings, they don't appear to be a player away from being legit again. They are building some young talent, but might be two years away.

From a LAL standpoint...why wait? See what kind deal you can make...you have the leverage so they don't have to give away the farm.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't MAKE him do shit.

In case you haven't realized it, this strong arm tactic is probably one of the reasons he wants out.

I love Larry Legend.

But, he should have softened his statements about George not wanting to play the 4.

Call him a snowflake. But, he was your star player. Old school approach only works for Pop and Riley now.

"Well, he don't make the decisions around here," Bird said. "I [played power forward]. I loved it after I did it. I just think offensively it's going to be one of the greatest feelings he's ever had. I'm not going to get in a battle with Paul George on where he wants to play. He's a basketball player. He can play any position you put him out there."

Doesn't help that Larry's no longer with the Pacers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Op
Did I miss that story?

Riley had a good getting better and then the year before he moved all of his cotracts so that they a'll expired the next year. He had to have known

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part of the Miami story is Dwayne Wade going through faking all those interviews with like Chicago and other suitors to take up their time so the evens could go their way.