• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George informs the Pacers he is leaving next year

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Pacers would move PG to a terrible destination that he would hate out of spite, how long would it take for every single FA in the next two decades to ignore Indiana completely?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Pacers would move PG to a terrible destination that he would hate out of spite, how long would it take for every single FA in the next two decades to ignore Indiana completely?

you mean they don't already?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who leaked it. The reports I have read say that George informed the Pacers through his agent, but it doesn't say who they heard the information from.
I don't see why everyone is so bent.

I agree that he limited the Pacers ability to get fair value.

But, teams ship players in and out whenever it suits them.

Divac and the Kings lied like a fucking rug about not dealing Cousins.

They dealt him.

Phil constantly tries to bully Melo into waiving his NTC.

Love let it be known he was not signing a extension, wanted to go to the Lakers, got traded for Wiggins and a half deflated basketball to the Cavs.

Howard didn't want to play with Kobe, got traded to the Lakers anyway.

This shit has gone on forever.

These guys are not chattel.

They get to do, play, live wherever makes them happy.

Pritchard gets paid millions to find the best deal. Time to earn his paycheck.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it puts the Pacers in a very difficult situation. By publicly stating that he prefers to go to the Lakers, thee Pacers front office MUST play a hard line on any possible trade because otherwise they know their players can put a gun to their head whenever they want.

Or, you know, do a better job of surrounding him with quality players that would encourage him to stay...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this hurt other teams? It informs them of his intentions and lets them know that if they give up assets for him, they are likely losing them for a 1 year rental.

Imo, that's a whole lot better than not saying anything, letting that team give up assets for him and then walking at the end of the season.

Grudgingly agree with you.

Durant and LeBron are dicks for not telling their teams in advance.

George is a Dick for telling his Team.

Yeah, no contradiction there...lol

But, if his camp leaked it....that's a bad look.

In fairness....

From what I have seen, sounds more like it's the rival Teams Pritchard has contacted that put it out in the Universe.

Not the Pacers or George.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, you know, do a better job of surrounding him with quality players that would encourage him to stay...
Monta Ellis, cooked and blowing trees.

All Jefferson, cooked.

Lance Stephenson, clown.

Turner is not enough to stay and be miserable.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this is done through agents. That's why players have them. The way it works in the NBA and in professional sports in general, is that when the agents speaks, it's essentially the same thing as the player himself speaking.

When Ron Artest asked to be traded in 2006, the Pacers made him speak eye-to-eye with them. They should do the same thing here.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thad and Monta both have a player option after next Season.

Thad is not bad for the price.

Ellis is a fucking albatross to team building success.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ron Artest asked to be traded in 2006, the Pacers made him speak eye-to-eye with them. They should do the same thing here.
They can't MAKE him do shit.

In case you haven't realized it, this strong arm tactic is probably one of the reasons he wants out.

I love Larry Legend.

But, he should have softened his statements about George not wanting to play the 4.

Call him a snowflake. But, he was your star player. Old school approach only works for Pop and Riley now.

"Well, he don't make the decisions around here," Bird said. "I [played power forward]. I loved it after I did it. I just think offensively it's going to be one of the greatest feelings he's ever had. I'm not going to get in a battle with Paul George on where he wants to play. He's a basketball player. He can play any position you put him out there."

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monta Ellis, cooked and blowing trees.

All Jefferson, cooked.

Lance Stephenson, clown.

Turner is not enough to stay and be miserable.

Turner is fantastic.

He's what the Celtics are missing right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top FAs do. Every single one will after.

So the Pacers are just supposed to sit around and wait for their best player to leave or try to receive some in return. This is a business. Indiana isnt a key destination for FA's regardless, even when they have a star player. Nothing will change.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pacers are just supposed to sit around and wait for their best player to leave or try to receive some in return. This is a business. Indiana isnt a key destination for FA's regardless, even when they have a star player. Nothing will change.

There's a difference in trying to get value for him and trading him for barely anything out of spite.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would he care? or why should he care if the goal is to opt out next summer anyway? This isn't a Jimmy Butler situation where he is under contract for a few more years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he care? or why should he care if the goal is to opt out next summer anyway? This isn't a Jimmy Butler situation where he is under contract for a few more years.

You think a player needs to shut up and just do as he's told where to play?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference in trying to get value for him and trading him for barely anything out of spite.

The league has too quick of a hook to do that though.

You may trade him to an unfavorable destination because it gets you the best deal though.

The Pacers FO has a job to do. They can't just trade him to Minnesota or worst Sacto, because of spite.

They need to get good players/assets or 3 years from now they'll be unemployed.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even then, if Butler told the bulls he wasn't sticking around after his last deal now, there's nothing technically wrong with that

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why it is an issue if a team looks for the best trade to improve their franchise. You already you don't want to be there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why it is an issue if a team looks for the best trade to improve their franchise. You already you don't want to be there.

I don't think players would hold it against Indy trading PG.

But if they sent him to a dumpster fire like Sacto out of spite without getting much in return, that may cause some issue.

But it's not in Indy's best interest to do that anyway.