• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George informs the Pacers he is leaving next year

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't go public. My guess is someone from his inner circle intentionally leaked it as directed by PG. Highly doubt Pacers management would leak it

Not gonna assume it's either side.

But this happens quite a bit when this situation comes up.

Remember Chris Paul in NO?

Not only that, but he essentially blocked a deal to Boston by not even being willing to consider an extension. That's all the leverage they have.

you know, before Stern crossed the line and vetoed a deal after telling the owners that Demps had full authority to make a deal on his own.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt You Get To Pick Where You Wanted To Work?

Sure, he picked the NBA. He signed a contract, what is wrong with honoring a contract?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna assume it's either side.

But this happens quite a bit when this situation comes up.

Remember Chris Paul in NO?

Not only that, but he essentially blocked a deal to Boston by not even being willing to consider an extension. That's all the leverage they have.

you know, before Stern crossed the line and vetoed a deal after telling the owners that Demps had full authority to make a deal on his own.

I just can't see why anyone in the Pacers Front Office would leak this info knowing that teams would try to lowball them?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he picked the NBA. He signed a contract, what is wrong with honoring a contract?

who said he's not doing that?

He just said he's not going to sign with that team when his contract expires.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is honoring his contract. He didn't demand a trade. All he said was when my contract is up next summer, he is leaving. I have no issue with that part. He is actually giving them a heads up so they can get something back for him instead of leaving for nothing next summer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said he's not doing that?

He just said he's not going to sign with that team when his contract expires.

Exactly. My only issue was his lakers comment which would hurt other teams knowing that he is likely a rental because no matter what, he plans on being a free agent in 2018. So unless you think he can get you to the finals or win the finals with him then why risk it? For example, I saw reports of how Miami can offer Tyler Johnson, Winslow, & Mcroberts (LMAOOO) but probably won't get involved simply because it is a huge risk due to the chance he leaves next summer.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't demand anything. He simply told everyone what his plans were when he became an UFA. What the Pacers plan to do with that information is up to them.

No matter what these guys do, they get blasted. LeBron plays out his contract without saying a word, and people get mad when he leaves. Others like Dwight Howard and Melo talk about FA and basically hold their teams hostage the year before. George was asked a question and he answered it honestly. It is pretty crappy to criticize him for it. The only decision he wouldn't get criticized for is straying put in Indiana. But that is not what he wants to do and it is his choice.

Players have the right to leave when they become unrestricted FAs. Fans feel so damn entitled. Almost like they own the player. It is really unfortunate.

Without saying a word? Lebron constantly makes comments that the owners have to listen to that builds a team around him. What about now with the one year deals with options, its constantly making sure he will be the highest paid and he will leave if they dont give him what he wants. LeBron started this all.

Who likes Melo or Howard? George just went to the douche list with those two.

Yes, they have a right to leave when they become unrestricted free agents. They can take less money to go where they want. But they need to respect their contracts too.

Personally, I think these multi million and billionaire players show little respect for the process. They muse us into thinking this is tied to slave reparations. They are the owners property when they sign that contract and take their millions, then get on the pity whore bus that they are not people just (In the lines of Django) their ni**ers. I look at things from different angles, but for the most part, its the way society is going down hill.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without saying a word? Lebron constantly makes comments that the owners have to listen to that builds a team around him. What about now with the one year deals with options, its constantly making sure he will be the highest paid and he will leave if they dont give him what he wants. LeBron started this all.

Who likes Melo or Howard? George just went to the douche list with those two.

Yes, they have a right to leave when they become unrestricted free agents. They can take less money to go where they want. But they need to respect their contracts too.

Personally, I think these multi million and billionaire players show little respect for the process. They muse us into thinking this is tied to slave reparations. They are the owners property when they sign that contract and take their millions, then get on the pity whore bus that they are not people just (In the lines of Django) their ni**ers. I look at things from different angles, but for the most part, its the way society is going down hill.

How is he not doing that?

he shows up, he plays his heart out.

that's what his contract says he has to do.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Indy, and Cleveland wants in on this, I'm asking for Kyrie. Love can still be a star in his late 20's, but that contract is not something I'd take on. If it comes down to just Kevin Love, I'd go the young route, and look for assets, and a/some younger names

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Indy, and Cleveland wants in on this, I'm asking for Kyrie. Love can still be a star in his late 20's, but that contract is not something I'd take on. If it comes down to just Kevin Love, I'd go the young route, and look for assets, and a/some younger names

yeah i'm thinking any PG for Love deal is really a 3 team deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont know if you can give up Kyrie for PG as good as PG is. The plan is to get him without giving up Kyrie, a longshot. Love, Shump and future 1st rounds picks if they have any probably wont be good enough. Probably need some sort of 3-team trade....idk if Indy starts to get desperate Love might be better than any other deal or PG just walking.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont know if you can give up Kyrie for PG as good as PG is. The plan is to get him without giving up Kyrie, a longshot. Love, Shump and future 1st rounds picks if they have any probably wont be good enough. Probably need some sort of 3-team trade....idk if Indy starts to get desperate Love might be better than any other deal or PG just walking.

The deal you mentioned is solid. Only thing is I would prefer JR over Shump.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland would never do that. At least they shouldn't. Don't see them beating GSW with a big 3 of Bron, George, and Love. Now if it is Kyrie, Bron, and PG-13 then it is very possible.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal you mentioned is solid. Only thing is I would prefer JR over Shump.

I'm not sure JR is tradeable.

Caving to him was another bad move by GM Lebron.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland would never do that. At least they shouldn't. Don't see them beating GSW with a big 3 of Bron, George, and Love. Now if it is Kyrie, Bron, and PG-13 then it is very possible.

They would need to find a stretch 4.

That could be challenging with their cap space, although they would have the MLE.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way they are giving up Kyrie. No chance. Yep the goal is to pair a trio of Kyrie, PG and Lebron which would be insane.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree -- Kyrie won't be part of package. Right now, giving up Love may be too much since Indiana has lost leverage.

PG's camp may have leaked this as a way to help ensure Lakers didn't overpay to trade for PG. When Melo went to NY -- the Knicks gave up so much -- the Knicks didn't have the depth to compete long-term. For Melo -- it would have been better to wait until off-season -- then just sign with the Knicks. (if winning was a big priority)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would need to find a stretch 4.

That could be challenging with their cap space, although they would have the MLE.

The lineup if they could pull a deal without JR (unlikely) would be:

TT
Lebron
PG
JR
Kyrie

They would need to pick up another stretch 4 for the bench but they have Frye. As far as starters go they woudnt need a stretch 4 bc ultimately Lebron and PG can play the 4. This also could workout bc eventually Lebron is going to have to transition to the 4 later in his career. That would be interesting

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree -- Kyrie won't be part of package. Right now, giving up Love may be too much since Indiana has lost leverage.

PG's camp may have leaked this as a way to help ensure Lakers didn't overpay to trade for PG. When Melo went to NY -- the Knicks gave up so much -- the Knicks didn't have the depth to compete long-term. For Melo -- it would have been better to wait until off-season -- then just sign with the Knicks. (if winning was a big priority)

Yeah, that would be the only reason for PG to leak it.

But then again, sometimes it backfires.

Look at D12 with Brooklyn.

He wanted to go there. So Brooklyn traded what ended up being the #6 overall pick for Gerald WAllace.

But wallace capped them out and the rules didn't really allow them to make a S&T deal (receiving players) so D12 had to go elsewhere.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup if they could pull a deal without JR (unlikely) would be:

TT
Lebron
PG
JR
Kyrie

They would need to pick up another stretch 4 for the bench but they have Frye. As far as starters go they woudnt need a stretch 4 bc ultimately Lebron and PG can play the 4. This also could workout bc eventually Lebron is going to have to transition to the 4 later in his career. That would be interesting

I actually thought they'd play Frye more in the finals. Especially against the death lineup.