• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George informs the Pacers he is leaving next year

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you ok with with teams doing players any kind of way, huh?

Yes. The individual is not bigger than the organization. I say wait until August 1st and just buy him out and destroy his image That way, free agents will have already been signed an team's cap space will have already been used, leaving PC13 ("PC" is for "problem child") with limited options to sign.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy is using Cleveland as leverage to bait the Lakers into trading for George

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG-13 would be the replacement for Russell. They can attend to other needs with the draft.

You're right, it's just nice to have a pass-first type of PG to help shoulder the load. Then again, with guys like Randle and Ingram, you're not really short on players who can handle the ball.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been discussed already, but isn't the difference between a dick move and doing a solid about PG going public with it? Shouldn't he have just privately gone to the new GM and said I'm not re-signing here so do what you need to do? The dick move isn't leaving it's doing so publicly which kills Indiana's leverage.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The individual is not bigger than the organization. I say wait until August 1st and just buy him out and destroy his image That way, free agents will have already been signed an team's cap space will have already been used, leaving PC13 ("PC" is for "problem child") with limited options to sign.

Who said anything about who's bigger? The point is, you have no problem how these teams have no loyalty towards players, but is mad at PG for being honest.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been discussed already, but isn't the difference between a dick move and doing a solid about PG going public with it? Shouldn't he have just privately gone to the new GM and said I'm not re-signing here so do what you need to do? The dick move isn't leaving it's doing so publicly which kills Indiana's leverage.

So what about the dick moves these team pull with the players?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about who's bigger? The point is, you have no problem how these teams have no loyalty towards players, but is mad at PG for being honest.

First of all, it wasn't PG being honest. It was his agent delivering a message about him to the Pacers. What the Pacers need to do is call up George himself and make him meet eye-to-eye with the organization's representatives on it. The agent's word means jack, for he is not under contract with the Pacers.

Back to your original point, the Pacers are not obligated to let their trade talks known with him. On the flip side, if I personally went to my boss and made it known to him that I was planning to leave and join a rival organization, he would have every right to fire me.

That goes back to my original point that if these reports are in fact true, I would make the bold move and cut his ass on August 1st if there's no decent trade offer before then. Paul George is not bigger than the organization, and his reputation would take a major hit if the Pacers were to simply cut him. Not going to happen, but it should.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about the dick moves these team pull with the players?

That's another topic we can discuss. I'm just asking the question, doesn't the dickishness of the move depend entirely on public vs private?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more of a scorer. Steve Nash and Kidd were pure pgs.

Sorry, I don't agree with that. Tony Parker was used a lot to run the offense, especially during his prime years. Found this link to dives into the analytics in terms of his usage rate - it's high.

Style of Play of Point Guards - Basketball-Statistics.com

At this point, it's just subjective to determine if Parker is not a pure PG. To go back to the main topic of conversation, some of the title teams are based on pure ungodly talent (multiple all stars). Lebron is a pure PG, even though his official position is at the 3; he runs the offense. Golden St. is probably the outlier here given that Curry doesn't function as a pure PG, but the offense is relied on through ball movement and fast pace of play. Even then, the Warriors blueprint shouldn't be replicated given the personnel that they have - multiple all stars and 3 of the best shooters in the league.

The Mavericks and Pistons are teams that were just really balanced - they had pure PGs in Kidd and Billups respectively.

In the Lakers situation, they're not filled to the brim with talent. So they would need a pure PG.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it wasn't PG being honest. It was his agent delivering a message about him to the Pacers. What the Pacers need to do is call up George himself and make him meet eye-to-eye with the organization's representatives on it. The agent's word means jack, for he is not under contract with the Pacers.

Back to your original point, the Pacers are not obligated to let their trade talks known with him. On the flip side, if I personally went to my boss and made it known to him that I was planning to leave and join a rival organization, he would have every right to fire me.

That goes back to my original point that if these reports are in fact true, I would make the bold move and cut his ass on August 1st if there's no decent trade offer before then. Paul George is not bigger than the organization, and his reputation would take a major hit if the Pacers were to simply cut him. Not going to happen, but it should.

1) I can tell you still live in your mom's basement. In the real world, you're allowed to go to another company. I literally went from one company and joined a rival organization later on. As long as you put your two weeks notice, you're fine. At least that's how it works in the IT field. Stop comparing athletes to regular employees - it's not the same.

2) I'm sure there are some cap implications that would incur should you decide to cut George before the season. The Heat for example are in the last year of McRoberts deal who's owed $6 million this year. The Heat can cut him before the season begins. But his salary is spread amongst the cap for the next 3 years ($2 mil per year).

On top of that, George is a valuable commodity. The Pacers would still be able to get something for him, even as a rental. If you have a top notch scouting department like the Spurs, Warriors, etc. then you can make something work with a late round pick.

This whole situation is just laughable considering that when that Teague deal went about, you stated that definitively that the Pacers would be the team that ends up knocking the Cavs off in the East. How times have changed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understand why players say they have a preference of where they want to play. I don't see how that helps them at all.

If they are planning to go there when they are free agents, then this does nothing to facilitate that. If they want to be moved there immediately this reduces that chance of that happening.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he go public or did his message to Indy management get leaked?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I felt that the criticism of Lebron when he signed with Miami or when he went back to Cleveland was unwarranted
Same with Durant signing with Golden State

This is America - Lebron and Durant did what any of us have the right to do - choose where you want to work
Good for them

Bingo.

This is why they should abolish the draft but never will because it brings in too much TV money and depresses salaries.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he go public or did his message to Indy management get leaked?

He didn't go public. My guess is someone from his inner circle intentionally leaked it as directed by PG. Highly doubt Pacers management would leak it