• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George informs the Pacers he is leaving next year

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're gonna have to use Clarkson, Randle and Nance and perhaps Zubic to move those 2 deals. Unless you go for Lopez this year to screw boston over. lol

Lopez? Shut your filthy mouth. Boston can have Bropez; LA should gave zero interest in that non-rebounding 7 footer.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez? Shut your filthy mouth. Boston can have Bropez; LA should gave zero interest in that non-rebounding 7 footer.

It's a one year rental. to clear out cap space for that guy sticking it to the Celtics legend....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further destroying the NBA

Im sure Anthony Davis will leave New Orleans for a bigger market

Karl Anthony Towns will leave Minny for a bigger market

The Greek Freak wont be spending his career in Milwaukee

This will never end

Smaller market teams can win too. However, those teams have to properly add talent to their teams and continue to improve. They usually balk as soon as the cap looms (and especially the luxury tax threshold). These may be smaller market teams, but they still have billionaire owners.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to dump the salaries this season. If they want to next season, the asking price should be lower (one less year to absorb) and/or the "cost" to stretch those contracts will be lower.
Wrong post, Bud.

But, yeah....

Easier pill to swallow with 2 years remaining.

I would still try to trade for George by the deadline, to have his Bird rights of nothing else.

He would have a big cap hold. But, depending on who you ship out, you might have some wiggle room to get another decent FA and then exceed the cap to reup him next Summer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong post, Bud.

But, yeah....

Easier pill to swallow with 2 years remaining.

I would still try to trade for George by the deadline, to have his Bird rights of nothing else.

He would have a big cap hold. But, depending on who you ship out, you might have some wiggle room to get another decent FA and then exceed the cap to reup him next Summer.

Clarkson and Brewer for George at the deadline. Solid young combo guard with a nice contract and an expiring contract.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smaller market teams can win too. However, those teams have to properly add talent to their teams and continue to improve. They usually balk as soon as the cap looms (and especially the luxury tax threshold). These may be smaller market teams, but they still have billionaire owners.
Giving guys like Solomon Hill 50 plus mil, having guys like Asik as one of your top 5 paid players is not a recipe for retaining your young stud.

Cousins was a hail Mary that might not work out.

Davis can't leave before 2020 , unless traded.

But, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave Murderville.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving guys like Solomon Hill 50 plus mil, having guys like Asik as one of your top 5 paid players is not a recipe for retaining your young stud.

Cousins was a hail Mary that might not work out.

Davis can't leave before 2020 , unless traded.

But, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave Murderville.

Even though they didn't get a lot in return, I thought the Kings were actually the winners of that trade. Clears the cancer, brings in some picks and Buddy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson and Brewer for George at the deadline. Solid young combo guard with a nice contract and an expiring contract.
I laugh.

But, I have to believe Clarkson will likely be heavily considered when you remember D Lo, Randle and George share the same agent.

What 20 something, millionaire would choose Indiana over LA, lifestyle wise, if they aren't winning?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though they didn't get a lot in return, I thought the Kings were actually the winners of that trade. Clears the cancer, brings in some picks and Buddy.
You, Sir, are an eternal optimist.

They got pesos on the dollar and should have cut bait long ago, instead of lying and then panicking.

But, yeah.....addition by subtraction.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh.

But, I have to believe Clarkson will likely be heavily considered when you remember D Lo, Randle and George share the same agent.

What 20 something, millionaire would choose Indiana over LA, lifestyle wise, if they aren't winning?

For Clarkson, it would be an opportunity to start (not happening with the Lakers), and he is under contract.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't MAKE him do shit.

In case you haven't realized it, this strong arm tactic is probably one of the reasons he wants out.

I love Larry Legend.

But, he should have softened his statements about George not wanting to play the 4.

Call him a snowflake. But, he was your star player. Old school approach only works for Pop and Riley now.

"Well, he don't make the decisions around here," Bird said. "I [played power forward]. I loved it after I did it. I just think offensively it's going to be one of the greatest feelings he's ever had. I'm not going to get in a battle with Paul George on where he wants to play. He's a basketball player. He can play any position you put him out there."

Too bad. Too sad. Good riddance.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeeeesh....talk about Thanks, don't let the door hit you in the ass, on the way out.

Former Cavaliers general manager David Griffin left for his successors potential trades to bring either Chicago’s Jimmy Butler or Indiana’s Paul George to the team, sources told cleveland.com, and one or more deals Griffin constructed could happen without him.

In either case, a third team would be involved and would take All-Star forward Kevin Love in exchange for the mix of picks and role players the Bulls and Pacers seek to rebuild in the event they choose to deal their franchise player.

Among the options Griffin presented to owner Dan Gilbert and front office personnel still in Cleveland involved Phoenix, which owns the No. 4 pick in Thursday’s draft.

– via Cleveland Plain Dealer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers prefer to get PG now and not wait but are not willing to give up a lot. Magic seems to know how to play hard for a rookie pres of ops

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i just said on another thread this is a major dick move. Not informing them he is leaving but basically to say he prefers the lakers basically kills any other trades Indy wants to make.
Good point. When I began to read your post I was about to respond to you that good for PG to announce beforehand he isn't returning and he doesn't leave everyone on the edge of their seats and then hold a 1 hour Decision special in Indianapolis and announce in front of the Boy and Girls club of Indianapolis that he is going to Los Angeles.

Then I continued reading on your post and do agree. Basically Pacers are left dealing only with the Lakers, or a team that is looking for a short term success *Cough clevaland* and tries to win a title with him in his 1 year with them. OR Cleveland or any other team has 1 year to try and recruit him to want to stay for longer time.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Artest agreed to meet with them eye to eye. They really can't make a player do that. They can ask, they can badger, they can even demand. But in the end, if the player doesn't want to meet with them eye to eye...he's not going to.

Besides, doing that just makes them look petty. Like a junior high kid saying, "Oh yeah, say that to my face."

Why would a junior high kid say that? Seems to me if you want to do legit business (and keep in mind George had forever wanted to be kept in the loop by the Pacers), you'd meet that person eye to eye and not hide from the situation.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monta Ellis, cooked and blowing trees.

All Jefferson, cooked.

Lance Stephenson, clown.

Turner is not enough to stay and be miserable.

Thad Young is pretty cooked. Monta Ellis is very cooked.

Al Jefferson is not cooked. He actually posted some of the best per-minute rates of his career this year. McMillan just did a piss-poor job using him. For all the talk of the Pacers' lack of PF depth, it never crossed the mind of fossil head McMillan to use Turner and Big Al in the same lineup more often.

But, at least Lance will have someone else's ear to blow into from now on.:clap:

Tell you what @Mecca I'll propose you the following trade if the George move in fact happens and the Clippers lose Redick and Griffin to free agency...

Monta and Thad for a protected 2nd round pick in 2025. I might even sweeten the deal and throw in GR3 if you'd like.

How's that sound?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thad Young is pretty cooked. Monta Ellis is very cooked.

Al Jefferson is not cooked. He actually posted some of the best per-minute rates of his career this year. McMillan just did a piss-poor job using him. For all the talk of the Pacers' lack of PF depth, it never crossed the mind of fossil head McMillan to use Turner and Big Al in the same lineup more often.

But, at least Lance will have someone else's ear to blow into from now on.:clap:

Tell you what @Mecca I'll propose you the following trade if the George move in fact happens and the Clippers lose Redick and Griffin to free agency...

Monta and Thad for a protected 2nd round pick in 2025. I might even sweeten the deal and throw in GR3 if you'd like.

How's that sound?
Nope...I'd rather bottom out and just let Bruce Johnson play.

Monta is a cancer.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...I'd rather bottom out and just let Bruce Johnson play.

Monta is a cancer.

I'm still really surprised you guys took a PF like Johnson, who's not even a stretch 4, instead of a SF like McCaw when SF has been your death knell for the entire run with CP3 and the gang.

Or freaking trade the pick and/or future picks for that missing guy lol