• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George informs the Pacers he is leaving next year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they are screwed....lol

But, he's being honest.

Better to know up front...

“Teams are trying to decide what’s the appropriate cost for a player who they’re being told, pretty adamantly by Paul George’s camp, will be a rental. No matter who you are, no matter who has checked in or who potentially will check in, they’re gonna be told that Paul George is gonna play the season out and then he’s gonna go to the Lakers, that that’s his plan.”
He is still good as an expiring contract - It's a chance that Indian has to roll the dice on and see what happens before the trade deadline unless of course they can talk Magic Johnson out of Russell or Clarkson

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I don't agree with that. Tony Parker was used a lot to run the offense, especially during his prime years. Found this link to dives into the analytics in terms of his usage rate - it's high.

Style of Play of Point Guards - Basketball-Statistics.com

At this point, it's just subjective to determine if Parker is not a pure PG. To go back to the main topic of conversation, some of the title teams are based on pure ungodly talent (multiple all stars). Lebron is a pure PG, even though his official position is at the 3; he runs the offense. Golden St. is probably the outlier here given that Curry doesn't function as a pure PG, but the offense is relied on through ball movement and fast pace of play. Even then, the Warriors blueprint shouldn't be replicated given the personnel that they have - multiple all stars and 3 of the best shooters in the league.

The Mavericks and Pistons are teams that were just really balanced - they had pure PGs in Kidd and Billups respectively.

In the Lakers situation, they're not filled to the brim with talent. So they would need a pure PG.

I don't think you know what a pure pg is.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a 3rd Gasol brother in the NBA? That's gotta be a first in league history. :noidea:
I am saying for a similar trade like the ones the Lakers made. I know it's a long shot, but it's all they got, because the Lakers don't need to trade. They have no shot at the finals anyway, so waiting til next year the only thing they really need to do is find a way to dump Mozgov and Deng without losing their draft picks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you know what a pure pg is.

Define it for me then. Apparently assists are the end all be all, by your logic. By your account, Harden and Westbrook are the best pure PGs in the league today.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in state tax and the max that each team can give Hayward. Utah has about a $1 mil per year advantage over Miami. At that point, is it really worth picking Utah over Miami.
Yeah.

But, they currently have a better Team.

So, he has to choose between lifestyle ( Heat ) and being a slightly taller midget who still won't win a game against the Warriors ( Jazz ).

We will see which he values most.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying all along that the Celtics should target Butler, not George. It's essentially the same guy and Butler won't be an FA at the end of the season.
Do you believe Magic is willing to ditch Russell for a late lottery pick?

I don't even know who those guys are.

You won't give up assets for George. But, you will for Kenard or Collins?

Lmfao.....just trade for George already!!!

Eta: I do know who Collins is. I didn't think they'd target a Center. So, it took me a minute to connect the name to a face .Maybe they are sending out a bad contract too. That's the only thing that would make this move logical.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe Magic is willing to ditch Russell for a late lottery pick?

I don't even know who those guys are.

You won't give up assets for George. But, you will for Kenard or Collins?

Lmfao.....just trade for George already!!!

Eta: I do know who Collins is. I didn't think they'd target a Center. So, it took me a minute to connect the name to a face .Maybe they are sending out a bad contract too. That's the only thing that would make this move logical.

That is fucking dumb if Ford is right. I saw Shelburne's report earlier and couldn't think of any scenario where LA could get another 1st round pick considering they just said they wouldn't give up any young assets for George. Like you, I figured that meant they weren't willing to give them up for a pick either (the only way they'd get another lottery pick). It makes zero sense to trade Russell, Randle, Clarkson, whoever for a late lotto pick if you can just get Paul George. Even if they don't want to trade for George and can get him in FA, its still dumb to trade for that pick because the players LA has are better than what you're getting in the late lottery.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fucking dumb if Ford is right. I saw Shelburne's report earlier and couldn't think of any scenario where LA could get another 1st round pick considering they just said they wouldn't give up any young assets for George. Like you, I figured that meant they weren't willing to give them up for a pick either (the only way they'd get another lottery pick). It makes zero sense to trade Russell, Randle, Clarkson, whoever for a late lotto pick if you can just get Paul George. Even if they don't want to trade for George and can get him in FA, its still dumb to trade for that pick because the players LA has are better than what you're getting in the late lottery.
I said in another thread that this might be a precursor to another move.

It's the only way it makes sense.

Ford and Brousard reports should be taken with a grain of salt, usually.

But, Maybe the Pacers didn't want D Lo or sharing an agent with Paul and Randle complicated matters.

Do you make two of your clients upset for the benefit of one of your biggest?

Maybe they needed a better landing spot for Russell to appease all parties?

I'm kinda shocked the Knicks aren't all over this, or the Kings with their 10th pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, they are likely looking to have a chance to sign LeBron too, so they will need to shed a significant amount of salary to get those deals done. Trading for George will make it a lot easier to sign LeBron (or a 2nd big FA).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

So, he has to choose between lifestyle ( Heat ) and being a slightly taller midget who still won't win a game against the Warriors ( Jazz ).

At the moment they do have the better roster. But given that the Spurs, and more importantly the Warriors in the same conference; you have to wonder how much of a window they have if any. On top of that, what other players can they fit into their current dynamic?

On top of that, we have Riley and Spo. But I do agree with you on the Jazz having the better roster, right now.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

At the moment they do have the better roster. But given that the Spurs, and more importantly the Warriors in the same conference; you have to wonder how much of a window they have if any. On top of that, what other players can they fit into their current dynamic?

On top of that, we have Riley and Spo. But I do agree with you on the Jazz having the better roster, right now.

Utah is the better team because of him.
Assuming we keep our core in tact that was so good the 2nd half, wouldn't the addition of Hayward then make the Heat the better team?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying for a similar trade like the ones the Lakers made. I know it's a long shot, but it's all they got, because the Lakers don't need to trade. They have no shot at the finals anyway, so waiting til next year the only thing they really need to do is find a way to dump Mozgov and Deng without losing their draft picks.

Yeah, but who is Paul Gasol?