• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George informs the Pacers he is leaving next year

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers fans must be pissed.

Not only is PG leaving, he's doing everything in his power to kill Indiana's ability to get something good in return for him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers fans must be pissed.

Not only is PG leaving, he's doing everything in his power to kill Indiana's ability to get something good in return for him.
Yeah, they are screwed....lol

But, he's being honest.

Better to know up front...

“Teams are trying to decide what’s the appropriate cost for a player who they’re being told, pretty adamantly by Paul George’s camp, will be a rental. No matter who you are, no matter who has checked in or who potentially will check in, they’re gonna be told that Paul George is gonna play the season out and then he’s gonna go to the Lakers, that that’s his plan.”

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Stevens and Hayward go way back. Stevens was a guardian angel for Hayward. From what I have heard they have a close personal connection.
Hayward may wind up taking the money and staying but I think there is a really good chance he goes to Boston.

Yes -- I read that it goes beyond just coach/player relationship. Stevens was the first coach to recruit Hayward (he got only 3 scholarship offers) -- and Gordon was so loyal that he chose Butler over Purdue just because of Stevens. (Hayward's family are Purdue alum and long-time season ticket holders)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks have the goods to get PG13.

Brogdan PG
Middleton SG
George SF
Giannis PF
Thon C

Top 2 seed?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks have the goods to get PG13.

Brogdan PG
Middleton SG
George SF
Giannis PF
Thon C

Top 2 seed?

So Parker and who is going for George?

Forget about parkers broken knees for a second.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Parker and who is going for George?

Forget about parkers broken knees for a second.
The Bucks won't give up anyone for a rental.

Plus, they are going to add to their collection of Long ass, slightly fragile, undernourished, but savvy as shit draft picks.

Does anyone doubt they are taking Harry Giles if he's still on the board?

That makes how many near 7 footers under 219lbs?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks won't give up anyone for a rental.

Plus, they are going to add to their collection of Long ass, slightly fragile, undernourished, but savvy as shit draft picks.

Does anyone doubt they are taking Harry Giles if he's still on the board?

That makes how many near 7 footers under 219lbs?

No idea what they do. But they have to try to get a meeting with your boy cp3 atleast. I think if they get a very good PG, Look out

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what they do. But they have to try to get a meeting with your boy cp3 atleast. I think if they get a very good PG, Look out
Dude, at least try to be realistic.

Why would Paul ever sign there?

Adding him won't beat the Cavs, let alone the Warriors.

So, exactly why would he take a paycut?

Paul should go to the Spurs...if he had a lick of sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ron Artest asked to be traded in 2006, the Pacers made him speak eye-to-eye with them. They should do the same thing here.

You mean Artest agreed to meet with them eye to eye. They really can't make a player do that. They can ask, they can badger, they can even demand. But in the end, if the player doesn't want to meet with them eye to eye...he's not going to.

Besides, doing that just makes them look petty. Like a junior high kid saying, "Oh yeah, say that to my face."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not faulting any one. I'm just saying that Paul George was up front and straight with the Pavers and gave them a heads up. That's more then what any of others have done and yet he's being called a sick. Which I'm calling sour grapes if you're not a Lakers fan

The only issue is that he's basically dead set on going to one team, which when leaked put the Pacers in a near impossible situation. It would've been better had this been kept under wraps. My argument was in relation to how Riley had a large amount of cap room in the free agency where he landed Lebron. You stated that collusion definitely occurred because of that fact; whereas there were other teams that had the requisite cap space to land Lebron and another all star player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to all that.

I'd love for him to go to the Heat or Boston.

But, I just think he will take the money in Utah.

When you factor in state tax and the max that each team can give Hayward. Utah has about a $1 mil per year advantage over Miami. At that point, is it really worth picking Utah over Miami.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career average of 5.8apg....by comparison Kobe averaged 4.7apg.....not many would call Kobe a pure PG.

I don't care about assist numbers. Those aren't the end all be all stat. Westbrook averaged a triple double over the course of a season. Is he a pure PG?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This uptick in Butler chatter works in the Lakers favor.

Now's the time to make a reasonable deal now that everyone is focused on the Bulls.

Been saying all along that the Celtics should target Butler, not George. It's essentially the same guy and Butler won't be an FA at the end of the season.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying all along that the Celtics should target Butler, not George. It's essentially the same guy and Butler won't be an FA at the end of the season.

That would be short-sighted.

Boston needs to target 2020 when Lebron and the Cavs are on death row and the Dubs are all getting into their 30s.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in state tax and the max that each team can give Hayward. Utah has about a $1 mil per year advantage over Miami. At that point, is it really worth picking Utah over Miami.

No for $500 , Alex.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue is that he's basically dead set on going to one team, which when leaked put the Pacers in a near impossible situation. It would've been better had this been kept under wraps. My argument was in relation to how Riley had a large amount of cap room in the free agency where he landed Lebron. You stated that collusion definitely occurred because of that fact; whereas there were other teams that had the requisite cap space to land Lebron and another all star player.
I think that depends on who released the information. If Paul George advised Indiana of his intentions and then they released that information, then that's on the front office for the Pacers for letting that loose. If PG released that information, then I would say yes, that he did not do them a disservice, but while he is firmly attached to going to the Lakers, it's nothing new for players to do the same thing in one variation or the other. The only thing is that is that it's been a few years since anyone wanted to come to the Lakers, that perhaps it's leaving a bad taste in some of the NBA fan's mouths. Lebron was obviously set to leave Cleveland. He just wasn't honest about. Karl Malone and Gary Payton decades ago were set to leave there teams. It's been happening for decades and it isn't anything new. Fans don't like to see their favorite player leave. Kevin Durant was determined to leave - and how could blame him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Pacers are the one the ones that released the information on Paul George, they weren't very smart. If Paul George released it, that wasn't all that nice, but the Pacers can still get something for him. There could be a player like Paul Gasol for Kwame, but with a twist. This time they are getting a player of equal value - who intends to leave and they know it. That enables them to dump salary and sit Paul George when they want to lose. Paul George may have a miserable year if the other teams decide to screw with him. He may be wishing he had kept his mouth shut. Obviously Paul George isn't married or hasn't been married long enough to learn that lesson:lol: